Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Daryl Murphy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    At 26 he should be a lot better than he is right now. Again a Championship player at best but a useful squad player I guess...
    im not disagreeing hes no better than a championship player but to be fair he's actually playing up front now and not on the wing, right?
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I believe he is mainly yes and walters has been put on the wing. Although he has played right as well since he went there. But he was tried in the center for sunderland in early keane days and failed to impress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,633 Posts
    has scored another today against Barnsley

Goal scored by Daryl Murphy from inside the six-yard box to the top left corner of the goal. Ipswich 1-0 Barnsley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Good move for him. Could be the next John Hartson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Good move for him and great from our point of view. €150,000ish coming our way
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Jaysus, he should move more often.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    As long as hes not the next Samaras I'll be happy
    Its really not that complicated!!!

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    I honestly think he'll do well in Scotland. May not be prolific (though could be), but will easily get comfortably into double digits. He's also good at setting up teammates as well so his goal tally may only be part of his contribution.

Great move for him I think.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Kinda sorry the Rangers move didn't materialise. Part of that is novelty value for sure but also there's a real chance I think that Lennons tenure could be brief. Smith's a decent manager and there'd have been CL football. Good news for Waterford anyway.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    If he can do as well as another ex-Sunderland Irishman did up there last season, he'll have done very well indeed.

Which does beg an obvious question..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Samaras has actually had a great game since coming on against United. He's scored a penalty (beautifully taken) and would have set up a second had the winger timed his run better.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post
    If he can do as well as another ex-Sunderland Irishman did up there last season, he'll have done very well indeed.

Which does beg an obvious question..
    doubt that mate, Stokes is a class act when he can be bothered.

Lennon does seems to think this guy can cut it but from what I'm hearing we have another striker lined up and hes Welsh, been here before and hes a team mate of an Ireland goalkeeper.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Samaras has actually had a great game since coming on against United. He's scored a penalty (beautifully taken) and would have set up a second had the winger timed his run better.
    aye that would have been young James Forrest only 19 and gave Rapheal and Fabio a roasting when he got the chance. and he will be a star for us, hes a cracking wee player.

might hiv an Irish granny kicking aboot so get in now well you can troops if yous want him for Eire.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidinho View Post
    doubt that mate, Stokes is a class act when he can be bothered.
    Unless it was Liam Miller he was on about
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    He's not an international standard player but it's a good move for him on a personal level. And it's pleasing that Waterford will benefit from the move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if he bangs in the goals and thereby gives definitive proof of how deplorable the standard in Scotland really is...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by republicofwhite View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he bangs in the goals and thereby gives definitive proof of how deplorable the standard in Scotland really is...
    Thats just English arrogance pal. do wish you were born in England? or are you English in disguise.

I would be really surprised if Murphy got even got 10 starts for us never mind 10 goals, whatever you may say about the SPL everybody is right up for it against Celtic.

I reckon Keane scored like 8 goals and the rest were pens.

Nothing against Murphy. in fact Ive never even saw him play and all my Celtic supporters are the same in thinking hes garbage but we will also give the guy a chance but tae be honest I dont hiv much hope like many other Celtic supporters who are quite disillusioned by this signing but as I said before we'll gee the guy a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidinho View Post
    in fact Ive never even saw him play and all my Celtic supporters are the same in thinking hes garbage
    This is the kind of attitude that forces promising Irish (and British) footballers into reserve team football and the lower leagues. If Murphy was a quick, erratic French-African striker with an exotic name and nice hair, he'd be a more attractive signing, wouldn't he? Murphy (who was rated just as highly as Kevin Doyle four or five years ago) never got a fair chance at Sunderland. Any time he got a run in the team, he was shunted out to the wing. I've seen him play; he's big, powerful, got decent feet and a rocket of a shot. My one criticism is that his finishing can be wayward, but that can be fixed with the confidence that comes from getting a run of games. We have yet to see the best of him, and it'll be interesting to see him playing regularly, which seems likely, judging by what Lennon has said. Successive managers have held on to him at Sunderland, even during two clear-outs, so there must be something there. I think Celtic could have a bargain here; certainly more ambitious to sign a Premiership striker instead of a cheap SPL flavour-of-the-month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Completely off the mark aidinho, and off the pace with the rest of the forum as usual. Nothing to do with 'english arrogance', or being 'english in disguise'... fail to see where you plucked those two statements from. I don't think the English leagues are on a pedestal, or are the acid test of football or a standard that can deservedly declare hubris. The opposite in fact. English football lacks technique, and promotes physical brutish football. It has become so limited, that this bare approach is now seemingly inherent. We all suffer as a consequence given our players allow themselves little choice but to head across the water. So if the Premiership isn't what we thought it is, the Championship must be even inferior, but the Championship still exhibits more flair than the SPL, by a mile. I agree that Murphy wasn't given a fair crack of the whip in the Prem, he was constantly played on the wing. But at Ipswich he scored for fun. Ipswich would coast in the SPL, and on paper are a much superior outfit to the likes Hibs and Hearts, and arguably the current Celtic or Rangers outfits(which admit it, due to financial issues, their respective standards are currently in freefall) This is my logic for saying Murphy will do very well for Celtic. He has already scored regularly in a league where the general standard is higher, and should now do so again, even more so.
    Last edited by republicofwhite; 20/07/2010 at 12:39 PM.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast