Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinton Morrison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Always been a big fan of Clint, gave 100% every time. Remember his goal away to the Swiss particularly well, was a great header.
    I always thought Morrison was unlucky to be lefty out of our squad. He does seem to score in bursts though as far as club football is concerned

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cracking goals against "Roy Keane's" Ipswich (no end to the hype around Mr. Ego!)

I thought there was quite an element of luck though on the first one even if it looked smashing, the second one though was placed brilliantly

I wonder if Trap will even be aware of Clinton??"! because he looked very, very sharp. (not that one swallow should make a summer in South Africa)

ps. Dan Parry "lefty"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Clinton can still play his way into contention. If he keeps banging them away then I'm sure the Trap will consider him for inclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    Cracking goals against "Roy Keane's" Ipswich (no end to the hype around Mr. Ego!)

I thought there was quite an element of luck though on the first one even if it looked smashing, the second one though was placed brilliantly

I wonder if Trap will even be aware of Clinton??"! because he looked very, very sharp. (not that one swallow should make a summer in South Africa)

ps. Dan Parry "lefty"
    who is Dan Parry?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    who is Dan Parry?
    I think he's related to Scrum

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    who is Dan Parry?
    Is he from the Banana Grove???
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Is he from the Banana Grove???

Den Perry is from the Banana Grove. However Scram referred to "Dan Parry, lefty"....

Maybe he meant Den Perry - however the "lefty" is lost on me as my politics would not be leaning in that direction.......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    who is Dan Parry?
    D'oh!!! I guess one good typo deserves another...

but, as you ask Dan Parry is actually a previous colleague,....he married a Japanese girl, very cute, not Dan, his bird...er..his wife, Mrs. Parry, formerly Ms. Fukuda...so he wasn't a lefty or "lefty out"...I kid you not.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Tony O'Donoghue: "So, has Clinton Morrison forced his way into the manager's thoughts with his two goals yesterday"
    Liam Brady: "Not really, no...... I suppose it can't do him any harm if he can keep doing that"

A half-hearted nod towards Clinton from Chippy on RTE Radio this evening. He was never a big fan when he was on the RTE panel so don't hold your breath.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTerracer View Post
    Tony O'Donoghue: "So, has Clinton Morrison forced his way into the manager's thoughts with his two goals yesterday"
    Liam Brady: "Not really, no...... I suppose it can't do him any harm if he can keep doing that"

A half-hearted nod towards Clinton from Chippy on RTE Radio this evening. He was never a big fan when he was on the RTE panel so don't hold your breath.

That's a really disappointing comment from Brady, but one that reinforces the impression that our selection policy is not informed by any rational assesment of form or experience. Best, Folan, N.Hunt are not exactly world beaters. Morrison may not have fulfilled his potential as a player or always demonstrated consistency, but he has undoubted ability and has given several outstanding performances for Ireland in crucial games. Brady's remark must be a sickener for someone who is passionate about playing for Ireland.

How long did it take Brady, Trap abd tardelli to look at St Ledger, only to realise that he was far better than Bruce and McShane? I suspect that if Clint had been picked for Australia he would have been conspicuously more effective than Best or Folan have been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    I think Folan and best genuinely offer something different than Clint though.

In terms of "type" of player, I'd compare Morrison to Doyle. Both are hard working players who run the channels, and are capable of scoring all sorts of goals, despite the fact that they are not traditional "target men."

Folan gives us a genuine physical option that can really shake back-lines up. He can hold the ball up with ease, and is a great outlet.

Best is a different option again, in that he's a true battering ram that can literally throw defenders aside as he drives through with the ball.

Morrison's biggest problem for me is that he is too similar to Doyle. Most managers like to have different types of strikers, and unless Doyle isn't available, or the manager wants a "like for like" type option on the bench, then I don't think Morrison will have a role to play for us (huge fan though from his big goals during the Kerr days).

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I think Folan and best genuinely offer something different than Clint though.

In terms of "type" of player, I'd compare Morrison to Doyle. Both are hard working players who run the channels, and are capable of scoring all sorts of goals, despite the fact that they are not traditional "target men."

Folan gives us a genuine physical option that can really shake back-lines up. He can hold the ball up with ease, and is a great outlet.

Best is a different option again, in that he's a true battering ram that can literally throw defenders aside as he drives through with the ball.

Morrison's biggest problem for me is that he is too similar to Doyle. Most managers like to have different types of strikers, and unless Doyle isn't available, or the manager wants a "like for like" type option on the bench, then I don't think Morrison will have a role to play for us (huge fan though from his big goals during the Kerr days).
    Ive already said Id like to see Morrison back but you do make some good points there
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Thats 3 goals in 2 today...one for best aswell.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post

The despicable Keane’s latest comments proving the man is nothing but a thug. Referring to Clinton Morrison’s brilliantly headed goal against the underperforming Tractor Boys, the Cork tramp says that somebody should have taken Morrison’s head clean off.

Any other “manager” would be castigated for this and punished rightfully by the FA but Keane will probably escape.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    This could be a tough season for Keano, a good few teams in the Championship alot better than Ipswich.

As for Bling Bling, another goal and surely has to be considered if he keeps this run going. I wouldnt say hes proven at international level but he has done well for us and at least deserves consideration if the likes of Folan/Best/Hunt and Long are in the mix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    As for Bling Bling, another goal and surely has to be considered if he keeps this run going. I wouldnt say hes proven at international level but he has done well for us and at least deserves consideration if the likes of Folan/Best/Hunt and Long are in the mix.
    while i totally agree (though i think Clinton has proven his international worth to us), it just aint going to happen.

One of the most perplexing traits of Trappatoni's reign is his reluctance to step outside the pool of players he selected for his initial training camp. I dont think we have ever picked our strongest available squad under Trappatoni.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Clinton was on talksport this morning saying how much he would love to be back in the squad and that he cant understand how is always overlooked.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Maybe he should read Irishfan86's post above so.

I saw him live the week before last, but as IF86 says, he does exactly what Doyle does. Folan & Best offer something different.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Maybe he should read Irishfan86's post above so.

I saw him live the week before last, but as IF86 says, he does exactly what Doyle does. Folan & Best offer something different.
    Certainly a better option than Shane Long though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Certainly a better option than Shane Long though.
    Long is cover for the Robbie Keane role, I'd have Noel Hunt ahead of Long for that role though fwiw

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast