Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Liam Scales D Celtic b.1998

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    How is this thread so quiet? Scales is now probably Celtics player of the season. Granted they didn't play well today and he wasnt flawless but is playing out of his skin and there's a thread on David Connolly further up the list. ?

Do we enjoy the failures more than the successes?

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    How is this thread so quiet? Scales is now probably Celtics player of the season. Granted they didn't play well today and he wasnt flawless but is playing out of his skin and there's a thread on David Connolly further up the list. ?

Maybe, we are afraid of success.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

If he played in England, where do you see him fitting in? League 1? Scottish football isn't very high quality.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts

I think it's because he's so consistent and there are never any highs or lows. He's been excellent and it's no longer a big story that he's in the team every week. No drama with him either
    Its really not that complicated!!!

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    If he played in England, where do you see him fitting in? League 1? Scottish football isn't very high quality.
    Plenty of talk about L1 level players.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I think it's because he's so consistent and there are never any highs or lows. He's been excellent and it's no longer a big story that he's in the team every week. No drama with him either
    maybe but it's funny that there was plenty of talk when he wasn't doing so well.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    maybe but it's funny that there was plenty of talk when he wasn't doing so well.
    People love complaining, a player can't even do something positive without someone wanting to say something negative
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    722 Posts
    The argument is settled: he's worth a place in the Ireland team right now, so there's not much to discuss. It's good to hear he's still playing well, but you can't make much conversation out of that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    Dog bites man ~ Other than, Man bites dog !

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    The argument is settled: he's worth a place in the Ireland team right now, so there's not much to discuss. It's good to hear he's still playing well, but you can't make much conversation out of that.
    Maybe. More to talk about on other guaranteed squad player threads I suppose. Still a debate around Kelleher and Bazunu. Ferguson having a poor enough season by the standards he set early. Johnston going well but not for long enough. Collins struggling.

Good to see a lad putting in 7/10 or above performances week in week out which seems to be what Scales is doing.

I've heard him talked of as Celtics player of the season.

From borderline extended squad member to possibly a guaranteed starter now? Some going.

Would love to see him go up a level in a season or so.

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    If it helps stir up the thread a bit, I still have a suspicion with Scales that he'll end up as a bit of a Darren O'Dea, Eoghan O'Connell type of player, he'll have his stint in the Celtic team, lose his place, move on and find his level in the bottom half of the Championship or League 1. I don't think he's close to a guaranteed starter for us. Not when we have three centre backs who are younger than him playing in the Premier League and another in Ligue 1.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    If it helps stir up the thread a bit, I still have a suspicion with Scales that he'll end up as a bit of a Darren O'Dea, Eoghan O'Connell type of player, he'll have his stint in the Celtic team, lose his place, move on and find his level in the bottom half of the Championship or League 1. I don't think he's close to a guaranteed starter for us. Not when we have three centre backs who are younger than him playing in the Premier League and another in Ligue 1.
    You're right. Liam Scales needs to play at a higher level.

In recent weeks O’Shea, Collins and Omobamidele have faced Salah (value £100m), Watkins (£60m), Cole Palmer (£42m), Nicolas Jackson (£32m), Diaz (£40m), Gakpo (£40m), Bowen (£25m). It’s more or less like that every week.

Next week Scales faces St Johnstone. It's not the same.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 05/03/2024 at 4:41 AM. Reason: spelling

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Yeah I think the Championship will be the highest level he will reach.

The second part is fair as well really. I was only saying he was playing and in form, unlike others. He's a useful option to have with the left foot but if everyone is fit hes down the pecking order.

Still a good story with lots of room for opinion, which is maybe why Im surprised it doesn't get a bit more action here.

18. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Straight back into the Celtic starting line-up today, which is nice to see.

Idah still on the bench though. They play Livingston at 12

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    Signs a new four year contract with Celtic
    https://www.celticfc.com/news/2024/m...our-year-deal/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Congratulations to him, well deserved. He's no world beater but he's more than good enough for that level and he has a contract now at a decent standard up to his 30th birthday.

Plus the new contract decision is well worth it alone just for the five pages of absolute outrage I've just read from Celtic fans on his thread on the Kerrydale Street forum.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

24. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    Congratulations to him, well deserved. He's no world beater but he's more than good enough for that level and he has a contract now at a decent standard up to his 30th birthday.

Plus the new contract decision is well worth it alone just for the five pages of absolute outrage I've just read from Celtic fans on his thread on the Kerrydale Street forum.
    Celtic fans are a pretty delusional bunch ~ Especially when you consider the earning power of Celtic re; The Scottish Premier League.

Scales is certainly good enough to be a squad player for Celtic and fighting for a first team place.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Celtic fans are a pretty delusional bunch ~ Especially when you consider the earning power of Celtic re; The Scottish Premier League.

Scales is certainly good enough to be a squad player for Celtic and fighting for a first team place.
    It's why I would like Scales (& Lawal tbh) to go as soon as possible, Celtic just comes across as such a toxic club. I would understand their moaning if they were doing well in Europe and looked good in general but they are bottom of their CL group every season, you'd think they'd have a bit of a reality check of where they are as a club by now.

27. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    It's why I would like Scales (& Lawal tbh) to go as soon as possible, Celtic just comes across as such a toxic club. I would understand their moaning if they were doing well in Europe and looked good in general but they are bottom of their CL group every season, you'd think they'd have a bit of a reality check of where they are as a club by now.
    Living off past glories in a ridiculous league ~ ~ Bound to have strange out-workings in the mind !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Voted into the player's team of the season as well. Great year for him but you wouldn't know it from listening to some Celtic fans. Case in point that football fans haven't a clue sometimes. Not us of course.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

30. Thanks From:

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast