Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Don't you love Mourinho

www.soccernet.com

Friday, May 6, 2005

Jose accused of 'damaging football'

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been criticised by UEFA for claiming the linesman 'scored' Liverpool's winner in their Champions League semi-final.
    After watching his side lose to a controversial Luis Garcia goal at Anfield on Tuesday and go out of the Champions League 1-0 on aggregate to Liverpool, Mourinho said: 'They scored, if you can say that they scored, because maybe you should say the linesman scored.'

Mourinho recently completed a two-match UEFA ban for bringing the game into disrepute by falsely claiming that Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard was seen leaving referee Anders Frisk's dressing room during the interval of their Champions League clash at the Nou Camp in February.

Lars-Ake Bjorck, vice-chairman of UEFA's referee committee, is stunned Mourinho has failed to learn from that mistake and said Mourinho's latest remark, directed at linesman Roman Slysko, 'damages football'.

He hinted that Mourinho, who led Chelsea to their first top-flight title in 50 years and Carling Cup success this season, could face further action.

'It's unbelievable he hasn't got the brain to learn from his mistake last time,' Bjorck told The Sun.

'It's incredible, especially when you put in mind he recently was punished hard with both suspension and payment charges.

'If UEFA get a report we will treat it rapidly. This kind of statement damages football and everything around football.'

As well as his two-match ban, the Portuguese boss was fined around £9,000 for his comments following the match in Barcelona.

Frisk received death threats and retired, and Swedish head of referees Bo Karlsson hopes Slysko does not suffer a similar fate.

'I hope with all my heart this linesman will not get the same terrible threats Anders got,' said Karlsson.

'We can only hope Mourinho's words will not bring the same, bad, sad consequences as last time.'
    =======================

Keep doing you Mourinho.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Aside from his arrogance he does that to deflect pressure from his players i.e. all the media focus is on him.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mourinho
    He called it as he saw it. According to Sky Sports recreations it was not a goal, but then again neither was Hurst's 2nd one in 1966 WC Final and there was an assistant referee from the USSR responsible for saying that on the day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The assistant referee said it was a goal, so it was a goal. End of story. Get over it Jose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe he wants to save his players after a real poor performance in the most important match of their season.. Just one shot on goal at Anfield.. He knows that they didn't deserve to go to the final, for what showed in the two legs, but he can't resist to give always his poor and arrogant sentences to the world.. He is this, arrogance and leadership, but I don't like him.. As a gooner, I prefer Arsène Wenger, and apart from him, I prefer also Fergie.. Professional managers and real men first of all..
    I'm 21, I'm italian, but I love Ireland, and I always support the irish national team!

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I know he likes to spend time with Russian gansters , but he really has a Russian accent WTF ??? Funny cos Portuguese/Spanish/Meditt. etc usually have a distinct accent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycuna
    He is this, arrogance and leadership, but I don't like him.. As a gooner, I prefer Arsène Wenger, and apart from him, I prefer also Fergie.. Professional managers and real men first of all..
    The only manager that deserves to be called a real man is Rafa Benitez. You don't see him resorting to childish antics in the media, making ridiculous excuses for his teams defeats or attempting stupid mind games. You don't see him sulking when things don't go his way either, blaming referee's or blaming anything he can think of for that matter. You won't see him before any FA or UEFA disciplinary boards. You don't see him blaming injuries for poor results, despite all of his key players being unavailable at one stage. Arsene 'I didn't see it' Wenger and Alex 'Whinge bag' Ferguson better men than Benitez? The only other manager who has any dignity and would be up there with Benitez is David Moyes. Other than that, the rest are egotistical moaners.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was a halarious video clip on bbc where he gets so carried away when talking about the goal that he blames it not on the Linesman or the Fans but on the Moon! Great Stuff! He's good to have around for now but we'ill all have had enough of his sh!te by the end of next year...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I love him, especially for his tactical stupidity last week against the Mighty Pool. We're getting no joy because we have no with, tell you what, Im gonna put Huth up front with the useless Drogba and launch balls Big Jack style at the Liverpool defence, jaysus Carra and Sami couldn't believe their luck
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.