Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Very dirty player,nothing at all wrong with a good hard tackle but this fella intentionally tries to injure opponents!
    Dirty player, more like a very good player, excellent centre half. What's wrong with a bit of physicality, didn't see the tackle but I have seen enough of this player to say he isn't dirty. He's a brave player more like it, good in the air and backs out of nothing.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I totally agree with el nino.. he is a very dirty player. More interested in hurting people than gettin the ball. Ive seen him i a good few games and he has done this alot..
    no one is saying hes a bad player el patron but i think its time u take a trip to specsavers!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Rockmount V Leeds O Connell cup game off tomorrow night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Bandon 0 Everton 1 Ft

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker09 View Post
    spot on with report we got very lucky at times , i taught fitzy should have went for challenge leading to goal ?
    Midleton were breaking fast and had caught Avondale and while the lad wasn't running directly at the goal, Fitzy could have walked.
    He was taking one for the team, a lot of the begrudgers on here would have done similar.

Either way he was duly punished even more severely from the free.
    Being a man down wouldn't have mattered anyway there was so little time left.
    Last edited by razor; 24/04/2014 at 7:42 PM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Touch View Post
    Clifford, not sure what you are implying by having Tramore's name next to Mallow's but I saw this game also & your post sums up Fermoys attitude to the game where the players whinged & moaned their way through the 90 mins & didn't focus on what they needed to do to try & win the game. Quite simply, Mallow out fought them at times & never allowed them play. As for having 'all the ball', bar a shot hitting the outside of the post in the first half & a header from one the subs in the second half, Fermoy did nothing with the ball so Mallow seemed quite happy for them to have it & then try & hit them on the break.

The referee had no influence on the overall result. He gave some 'iffy' free-kicks but didn't favour one team over the other. You mentioned that Mallow should have had 2 red cards-where were these incidents? Did they happen in the GAA pitch behind where Fermoy management were stood? What was your opinion on the Fermoy player who kicked the Mallow keeper in the face after he had caught the ball? Dangerous play i would say.

As for the pitch, i'm sure a lot of pitches are hard & bumpy at this time of year, especially given the weather during Januray & February. The old saying of it's the same for both teams is never more true.

That being said,I'd be surprised if ye go down.

16 frees in the first half for us, not one yellow shown. Close to 20 in the sec half and only two yellows (at least 5 by number 3 before he finally got booked) , one yellow to the CB 5 eventually who had kicked the ball away 2/3 blatently after said numourous fouls. Not fun to be calling for them, but rules are there for a reason and when ignored it frustrates.

There was no stand out hack (smack in the face as Dave Clancy got the ball back after another foul, aside) but a multitude of fouls that was accepted by the ref who used to manage Tramore. I'm just stating facts that's all. You surely agree that's not fair on him or us or do you? considering they are 2 pts ahead of us? I've not met the man before and sure he meant well, but he discussed it with our line before hand and after so it was obviously on his mind.

No prob at all with the yellow given to our striker, his only foul on the night when going for a 50/50 where the keeper went in bravely but down low but got there just first.

As I said above we still wouldn't have probably scored if we were there now, but we did have all the ball as you confirm which is all I said. Most of our whinging was at ourselves bourne out of frustration at not being able to break them down.

On we go to Sunday.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zico365 View Post
    I totally agree with el nino.. he is a very dirty player. More interested in hurting people than gettin the ball. Ive seen him i a good few games and he has done this alot..
    no one is saying hes a bad player el patron but i think its time u take a trip to specsavers!!!
    Fellas on here seriously need to toughen up abit. Watching to much of the premiership.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    great game out the lee road 2nite casement celtic 3-2 ballinhassig delighted i traveled to the game great ball played by casement 1-0 down going into ht second have went 2-0 down and they kept on fighting for it to win 3-2 big fella for casement in the middle of the park was out standing great player he is ballinhassig parked the bus and i mean parked the bus casement tryed every thing and any thing to score but it was not happening for them the last 30min they hit the cross bar the post there 3rd goal was out standing what a ball in from the winger/striker well done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    regarding mallow V fermoy with a tramore official in charge !!! My personal view is It's a issue that could of been easily avoided !! MSL seem to be very sticking on certain things then turn around and do this to 3 clubs who are in a dog fight to stay up just draws un wanted attention which could have been easily avoided !!! Time for a bit of common sense here when appointing officials !!! Tramore are not to blame here lads but the MSL board & ref should be pulled on this especially after the comments to the Mallow & Fermoy line !!!
    Last edited by moonman; 24/04/2014 at 9:29 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upfront View Post
    great game out the lee road 2nite casement celtic 3-2 ballinhassig delighted i traveled to the game great ball played by casement 1-0 down going into ht second have went 2-0 down and they kept on fighting for it to win 3-2 big fella for casement in the middle of the park was out standing great player he is ballinhassig parked the bus and i mean parked the bus casement tryed every thing and any thing to score but it was not happening for them the last 30min they hit the cross bar the post there 3rd goal was out standing what a ball in from the winger/striker well done
    Caught this game to, great game indeed, hassig got it tactically wrong and they're keeper is terrible, small fella

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    regarding mallow V fermoy with a tramore official in charge !!! My personal view is It's a issue that could of been easily avoided !! MSL seem to be very sticking on certain things then turn around and do this to 3 clubs who are in a dog fight to stay up just draws un wanted attention which could have been easily avoided !!! Time for a bit of common sense here when appointing officials !!! Tramore are not to blame here lads but the MSL board & ref should be pulled on this especially after the comments to the Mallow & Fermoy line !!!

Correct, as I said I never met the lad and he's prob a good ref, but that's an untennable position to be put in and it is the MSL who are wrong. I don't care what anyone says it has to have had an adverse affect on his sub-conscious. If he had been doing games in our league all season you'd say something, but we've never had him at all. Think he does junior league, which is irrelevant in terms of quality, but really strange one to crop up.

Anyway, it's gone and we move onto Sunday morn. (Watch him get this one as well now..ha ha)

No slight at all on Tramore obviously and I never hinted anything along that line. Team that goes will deserve to go and at the moment thats us and down to us alone. Let's see if we can salvage it.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Lads if that's the case, Thomas Long couldn't have reffed half the league when he was up in the MSL !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Has anything been announced yet on weather Leeds got deducted points or not ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballMad View Post
    Has anything been announced yet on weather Leeds got deducted points or not ?
    Thought it was resolved already????

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts
    Fair to say bandon are gone . And could be anyone of 4 go join them . Tough year on Bandon hopefully see them back up in Prem but won't be for awhile I'd say .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    What will be the safety net this year,teams will need 20 points I would imagine!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    League table shows they've been docked points

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    League table shows they've been docked points
    No it doesn't, they have always been on 15 ponts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Rumours floating around the place is that leeds will be deducted three points and there to be awarded to everton. ?
    Superkeeper can u confirm this?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zico365 View Post
    Rumours floating around the place is that leeds will be deducted three points and there to be awarded to everton. ?
    Superkeeper can u confirm this?
    Confirmed on the Echo..Leeds can appeal it though.