5. Ringmahon___19 6 5 8 23
    6. College Cors__19 6 5 8 23
    7. Douglas Hall__14 6 4 4 22
    8. Midleton_____18 7 1 10 22
    9. Everton_____19 5 5 9 20
    10. Leeds_______18 5 4 9 19
    11. St Marys_____15 4 4 7 16
    12. Fermoy______17 2 4 11 10
    Last edited by razor; 29/04/2005 at 9:14 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Haven't heard much of Castleview before
    Always look on the bright side of life

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Getting tight

Nice one Razor, it's getting tight up there now. Do Avondale have to play Castleview? If not then it's in Rockmounts own hands to win or lose. Bad loss last night v Hall, they got their goal deservedly and shut up shop after that. Mount couldn't break them down, good performances from Albert the centre half and Fenton up front especially. Mount just not getting rub of green at the moment, had a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside with about 15 left. I was in line with it and it was a horrific decision. But, there you go, apparently these things even out over the season.

Drummer, Castleview are flying and have been a surprise to some. They are managed by Cork City legend Patsy Freyne. He has them playing some smashing football and the expected bad run has just not materialised - yet!!!!

Fair play to em, they now play Rockmount at Rockmount on Sunday morning, if the Mount win we can snatch the title by winning the games in hand. But, the problem will be Mount will prob have two games a week from here on in and the Intermediate final, so who knows.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Castleview's to lose now

0-0 this morning between Rockmount and Castle View. It's View's to lose now, come on Avondale....
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFORD
    Nice one Razor, it's getting tight up there now. Do Avondale have to play Castleview?
    Yeah at home
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Yeah at home

Johnny Caul on top form this weekend? Fair play to him, best of luck in the final, City or Mary's - who'd ya like?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hes scored a few in the last couple of weeks and has played quite a lot of football!!

Avondale and castleview should be a great game. From what i've heard, castleview like to play, not just hoof. Hopefully avondale can see the season out without any more injuries........looking forward to the final, could have a chance against what could possibly be a second string city team(or st. marys of course)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Everton ?? Leeds ??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Everton ?? Leeds ??
    Yeah, since Everton sold Rooney they were never the same, Leeds on the other hand are just rubbish without O Leary.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Everton ?? Leeds ??
    Everton are from out the southside , Leeds are from Ballyvolane.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Avondale for the league ......... we ****ed up our chances in the past two games Clifford didn't we, fecking disgrace!!

Out at the douglas hall game last thursday night we had the whole castleview players standing by us, jeering and mocking the lads of course we nearly went mental fecking langers like, you'd never see any of our lads going out to their matches

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amarach
    Avondale for the league ......... we ****ed up our chances in the past two games Clifford didn't we, fecking disgrace!!

Out at the douglas hall game last thursday night we had the whole castleview players standing by us, jeering and mocking the lads of course we nearly went mental fecking langers like, you'd never see any of our lads going out to their matches
    And all the Hall players at yesterday's game, jeering and cheering also. I find it amazing, but I suppose that's what success does to ya. They want to be us and are not able to get there. I have my own thought's on the two displays by the opposition, but won't post them here as they might cause offence. Suffice it to say I nearly choked on my coffee this morning reading
    dcnags comment about View and their style of play. I shudder to think what is in store for Avondale on Sunday morning, suffice it to say about 8 of the View are over 6 foot three......dcnags, enjoy it if yee can. I'd be cheering for yee anyhow.

Amarach, you should stand over our side, where it's only Mount allowed. No need to be wound up by those types.....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a balls teams get so bitter especially none of the Rockmount lads ever go around being Cocky and you've the langers then against them.

Reason we stay over away supporters side is to get behind the lads on both sides shout and scream at them both ends lol

they'll get themselves back on form again, just in time for Wayside for definite, any news on Ruairi, less than two wk's left now for the big one Clif we'll do it in style

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amarach
    It's a balls teams get so bitter especially none of the Rockmount lads ever go around being Cocky and you've the langers then against them.

Reason we stay over away supporters side is to get behind the lads on both sides shout and scream at them both ends lol

they'll get themselves back on form again, just in time for Wayside for definite, any news on Ruairi, less than two wk's left now for the big one Clif we'll do it in style
    Beech was told by Pat Kelly to get a soft cast and he'd be fine to play, ref on Sunday morn hummed and bummed and declined to let him play. I saw Beech show it to Kelly who was there, with ten mins left and he said it was fine

So hopefully he might be back Thurs or Sun. I'd rather give him another week now that the lg is gone for the time being....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Christ that must have been a balls for him, I'd say he was freaked, bet he can't wait to get back on the pitch and sling in the goals, as you said he's best waiting now til the final all we're short is to loose him to another injury I'd die couldn't handle that not a hope

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Result from MSL:

Avondale 5-2 Leeds.

Wasnt at the game, decent win for the dale, starting to score a a bit more in the last few games. I didn't get much of a report but heard caulfield scored again! I think avondale are ahead of rockmount by 7 and behind castleview by 6 or 3, playing them on sunday. Not sure about games in hand though. Its still very open. Avondale still have to play rockmount...... away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnags
    Result from MSL:

Avondale 5-2 Leeds.

Wasnt at the game, decent win for the dale, starting to score a a bit more in the last few games. I didn't get much of a report but heard caulfield scored again! I think avondale are ahead of rockmount by 7 and behind castleview by 6 or 3, playing them on sunday. Not sure about games in hand though. Its still very open. Avondale still have to play rockmount...... away
    Rockmount back on track with a 2-0 win over Middleton. Mickey Deasy the goal machine with one and Pat Oldham with a stunning scissors kick. Beechinor and Oldham back in the side after injury.....ominous for others hopefully.

The Avondale v Castleview on Sunday is a must win for Avondale for themselves and Rockmount, then if that happens when they both meet at Rockmount it should be a decider - providing they win all their other games into the bargain. So in essence Come on Avondale on Sunday and Come on the Mount forever.....

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Went over to Leeds Park last night, Castleview crowd were out in force.
    Leeds tried the usual kick sh*t but were poor at the back.
    For a man of his age Caulfield is playing some super stuff, scored again last night.
    Avondale were 4-1 up at HT.
    After their defeat to Castleview a while back and after some dodgy draws I think Avondale are picking things up again. 3 Cup wins on the trot and a fairly convincing win last night.
    Sunday is the game though, think its 3pm KO at Avondale Park.
    Last edited by razor; 06/05/2005 at 12:07 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Went over to Leeds Park last night, Castleview crowd were out in force.
    Leeds tried the usual kick sh*t but were poor at the back.
    For a man of his age Caulfield is playing some super stuff, scored again last night.
    Avondale were 4-1 up at HT.
    After their defeat to Castleview a while back and after some dodgy draws I think Avondale are picking things up again. 3 Cup wins on the trot and a fairly convincing win last night.
    Sunday is the game though, think its 3pm KO at Avondale Park.
    Prob the defeat in the quarter finals upset them!!!! Seriously though they are in great form and should be well up for the game on Sunday. Leeds are poor though. So last night although impressive it may not be a good indicator. Castleview will "get amongst" you on Sun arvo so hopefully Caulfield will be on form score three and then opt out against Rockmount, you can't beat class no matter what age.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFORD
    Prob the defeat in the quarter finals upset them!!
    Think it was more the manner of the defeat as opposed to the defeat itself.

Page 1 of 590 1231151101501 ... LastLast