Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    As if that's going to really happen
    You getting nervous that you mightened receive your runners up medal

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    MSL had told avondale that game against UCC meant nothing and that they were the league champions. Avondale had agreed to a play off according to John Ryan. The clubs should be in a stance against how the MSL blazer boys dealt with the whole thing.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    If I was a UCC player I would be embarrassed to recieve a second hand league medal. And if I was an Avondale player I would keep the medal in my underpants for a few training sessions and then hand it back

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    With so many wrongs it is hard to favour anyone. Bottom line is initally the Leeds secretary got it wrong. He instructed the MSL to cancel the resignation of the wrong player. Just so happenned that they had 2 players of the same name. Unfortunate as it turned out. LEEDS AT FAULT. Now for the main f up in my opinion. When Everton objected and got the points all other teams who had played against this player when he was not registered should then have been reimbursed lost points. MSL AT FAULT. Lads just stand back and look at the big picture. Football is the loser here. And heres one ye didnt see coming. I actually feel sorry for the Avondale players. Innocent party in all this.
    just to clarify lads, the report clearly states that Everton did not lodge an objection after the Leeds game? The decision to award Everton the 3pts was made after MSL officials at the game (wonder who?) checked the card and pegged Leeds had an illegal player. The whole thing started with a misunderstanding and Leeds should have gotten a rap on the knuckles as they did not intentionally play an illegal player. Instead Everton were awarded the 3 points which created the whole situation.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old-head View Post
    just to clarify lads, the report clearly states that Everton did not lodge an objection after the Leeds game? The decision to award Everton the 3pts was made after MSL officials at the game (wonder who?) checked the card and pegged Leeds had an illegal player. The whole thing started with a misunderstanding and Leeds should have gotten a rap on the knuckles as they did not intentionally play an illegal player. Instead Everton were awarded the 3 points which created the whole situation.
    Intentionally or otherwise bottom line is that they did play an illegal player. Thats why I am saying with so many wrongs its hard to take sides. Horrible situation for all involved.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    No winners in this one lads. Only a handful of UCC officials will acknowledge them winning it. I'd imagine there is no satisfaction for the UCC lads cos there is no substitute for winning it on merit. There is every chance they would have got a result that night even if Dale were full strength, but we'll never ever know.

The untouchables stay untouchable, a shambles and a dictatorship. Shame, but true. Not the first time they have hidden their heads in the sand when found to be wrong and let someone else take the fall/work it out for them.

Shame the players lost their medals over the summer, will a Police search warrant for each players house also be distributed with the verdict? I'd be giving nothing back cos we all know they won it.
    Last edited by Clifford; 22/10/2014 at 7:04 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    No winners in it all - no matter what we think.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There's a part in that report where it states the MSL ignored all requests by phone email & at the AGM from ucc when they asked about the points being awarded to everton , in all fairness why was it only everton to get points anyway & no one else when the player in question was known to have played in other games as well ? Surely the msl had to be diligent ( i use that term & the msl loosely) & investigate if the player had played against anyone else & dealt with it there & then , why ? Because they do what they like & think who's going to challenge them . Got that 1 wrong didn't they ?
    This situation stank to high heaven for 6 months with all the rumours & even spoilt a league with probably 4 or 5 teams in trouble all knowing Leeds were looking at a possible deduction of points ,
    You can be sure everton knew they had 3 points coming to them at some stage though but then to hand the points or deduct them whatever way you look at it at the last game was just shocking & unfair to every team in the league .
    MSL got their bluff called with someone with the spare cash to actually challenge them & look incompetent as a result ,not for the first time a football accociation in this country looked like that is it ? Don't get me wrong ucc played an underhand stroke but only cos clowns r us allowed it to get completely out of hand & give them the time & reasons to make the challenge .says as much in the report.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justasupporter View Post
    There's a part in that report where it states the MSL ignored all requests by phone email & at the AGM from ucc when they asked about the points being awarded to everton , in all fairness why was it only everton to get points anyway & no one else when the player in question was known to have played in other games as well ? Surely the msl had to be diligent ( i use that term & the msl loosely) & investigate if the player had played against anyone else & dealt with it there & then , why ? Because they do what they like & think who's going to challenge them . Got that 1 wrong didn't they ?
    This situation stank to high heaven for 6 months with all the rumours & even spoilt a league with probably 4 or 5 teams in trouble all knowing Leeds were looking at a possible deduction of points ,
    You can be sure everton knew they had 3 points coming to them at some stage though but then to hand the points or deduct them whatever way you look at it at the last game was just shocking & unfair to every team in the league .
    MSL got their bluff called with someone with the spare cash to actually challenge them & look incompetent as a result ,not for the first time a football accociation in this country looked like that is it ? Don't get me wrong ucc played an underhand stroke but only cos clowns r us allowed it to get completely out of hand & give them the time & reasons to make the challenge .says as much in the report.
    great post justasupporter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justasupporter View Post
    I was on here months ago and i gave the reason why everton were the only team at the time that got the points and i got put off the site for awhile. if your a member of a club you should not be allowed be on the msl comittee also.At the time Douglas hall and some other clubs also put in for the points which they should of getting if everton got them and the msl turned them down also.I personally think all involved at the moment in the msl comittee should have to step down after making a shambles of the whole lot.
    The Ref is always right sure!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    A source close to the UCC top brass told me that they had no interest in taking a title back off Avondale , that all this was merely to show up the MSL for the cowboys they are.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    A source close to the UCC top brass told me that they had no interest in taking a title back off Avondale , that all this was merely to show up the MSL for the cowboys they are.
    With the greatest respect,are you telling me you believe that tripe?..ucc have now become the most hated team in msl.we all know how corrupt and incompetent the senior league are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    well lets see if they say officially that it was a matter of principle they took the case all the way to arbitration , this cost € thousands to go this far so I have my doubts but lets see how it pans out ..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    With the greatest respect,are you telling me you believe that tripe?..ucc have now become the most hated team in msl.we all know how corrupt and incompetent the senior league are
    Not going to ask you to go for a pint anytime soon, but I actually agree with you.

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by offside Ref View Post
    I was on here months ago and i gave the reason why everton were the only team at the time that got the points and i got put off the site for awhile. if your a member of a club you should not be allowed be on the msl comittee also.At the time Douglas hall and some other clubs also put in for the points which they should of getting if everton got them and the msl turned them down also.I personally think all involved at the moment in the msl comittee should have to step down after making a shambles of the whole lot.
    And if they step down who are going to run the league. Never going to happen.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Glenbuck - showing Dale and Chiefscout love in the one week - you will be shunned in Whitechurch if you aren't careful haha!

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    You gotta laugh - UCC the most hated team in the league?

So UCC should just have sucked it up that they were robbed 2 vital points.

Sure they shouldnt be winning leagues anyway haha

Plenty of clubs have benefitted from appeals in the past and good luck to them. Congrats again to UCC.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Glenbuck - showing Dale and Chiefscout love in the one week - you will be shunned in Whitechurch if you aren't careful haha!
    I always try to call it as it is. No worries.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Plenty of clubs have benefitted from appeals in the past and good luck to them. Congrats again to UCC.
    Hated because of their "we've never intended on taking the league off Avondale it was to get back at the msl" statement and they spending thousands on an appeal.are we meant to buy that crap?.sneakily appealed after the game v Avondale b and now coming out with ridiculous statements.we are all not stupid and see what has gone on

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

And yes.congrats to ucc...if only their representatives and mouth pieces grow a pair of balls and admit what should be embarrassment winning a league by default and stop hiding behind an error by a bunch of encompetent mini FIFA wannabes
    Last edited by Chiefscout; 23/10/2014 at 5:19 PM.