Page 59 of 590 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159559 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Mount beat Salthill Devon in the senior FAI cup today. Comfortable 1-0 win with Mick Deasy bagging the goal. Avondale lost at home to Drogehda Town, what happened the great cup team Caulfield had going????
    Comftorably? They had about three shots in the whole game. Salthill totally dominated the second half while the first half was quite even. I presume you werent at the game. If you were you'd want to get your eyes checked son. On another day Salthill could have won by two or three goals. Comftorable my balls.
    pain is only temporary, glory is forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Squeaky bum time at the bottom of the league
    Bake em away Toys

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    Comftorably? They had about three shots in the whole game. Salthill totally dominated the second half while the first half was quite even. I presume you werent at the game. If you were you'd want to get your eyes checked son. On another day Salthill could have won by two or three goals. Comftorable my balls.
    Wasn't at it, but the report from the game I got was it was comfortable, keeper never really tested. (Some on here will say that's biased as ususal!!) Mount, without 6 regulars, never needed to get going really. It's what we do, ask anyone on here, we score and then defend it - generally very well. Even with our second string. Unbeaten in two and a half seasons in the league, mostly 1-0 wins. 1 goal in 3 shots ain't a bad ratio dude, compared to 0 goals in however many shots Salthill had.

Fair enough if you thought they were battered, it's all in the eye of the beholder or in the words of someone more intellectual than me:

"could have won it is fcuk all good"
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is that soar grapes i can taste there larks, the record books say rockmount won by one goal, thats how games are decided by goals not by shots on target unless ye have a differn't scoring system up in the west
    Bake em away Toys

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount away to Fermoy in the Beamish cup tonight at 6.30

Intermediate cup replay on Sunday.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    All Cork final?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    more than likely!! Won do ya reckon's gonna win it??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount beat Fermoy 1-0, a Willie Byrne goal won it for Mount, who in typical fashion got the goal and invited Fermoy to get one as well, but they never looked like it despite having more of the ball. Sound familiar?

With regard to Sunday, too close to call. Too excellent sides come face to face again and I pray we win it, but this is the toughest one we've had in ages. An all Cork final would be superb.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Fair enough if you thought they were battered
    I wouldn't have been surprised if ye were though, when I saw the list of players that were missing I thought ye'd struggle but squeezed out the win fair play.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I wouldn't have been surprised if ye were though, when I saw the list of players that were missing I thought ye'd struggle but squeezed out the win fair play.
    Good one to win considering how many were out. Depth of squad is the key. We'll need it more than ever in the upcoming weeks. If we win again on Sunday it could be June before we finish up for the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    gees ye struggled against fermoy so clifford. there fairly poor now 2 b fair but a wins a win. best of luck sunday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    'Hall beat Leeds 2-1 in extra time in the Beamish Cup last night. Late winner.
    Avondale are racking the points up in the league, convincing win by all accounts against College last night.

'Hall now have a chance to get level with Rockmount in the league, with R'mount otherwise engaged at the weekend.

Clifford - all the best in the replay on Sunday - Wayside seem to have hit a rich vein of form, very emphatic win over Swilly last Sunday. Can we expect a 1-0 Rockmount win and performance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the students could be in trouble if they dont get a result against hall on saturday,all the best to the rockmount lads on sunday hopefully they can get through what should be a very tough tie
    Bake em away Toys

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    The usual Allstar, got the goal and invited Fermoy to get one back, they couldn't. Not overly worried as it was hard to get up for the game with Sunday looming overhead. Fear of injury etc..

Cheers lads for the wishes on Sunday, Mount will be giving it everything as usual. The outcome of 1-0 would certainly do me fine altogether. Very tough encounter, but if the lads are all up for it we might be able to get to the final.
    Fingers crossed.

League table is hotting up now and of course the games will plie up something rotten for us in the next few weeks. It could be June before we finish our season. Crikey.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    College on 17 points with 2 games to go should be ok - I expect 'Hall to have too much for them Saturday - the 'Hall record against College is very decent in recent years but they will be favourites to turn over Carrigaline which would make them safe.

Passage look in most danger - Rockmount and the 'Hall are their remaining games and they don't have points on the board.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    'Hall comfortable 4-1 winners against College. Albert Clarke, Deccie O'Connell, Brian Wilkinson in the first half. College got a spotter, before Gerard O'Donovan put the cap on the win with a last minute goal.

A number of 'Hall regulars missing, but convincing win recorded.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Avondale beat UCC 3-0 on Thursday and Blarney 3-1 on Saturday to go 6 clear but Mount have 3 games in hand

Dale 15 34
    Mount 12 28
    Hall 14 28
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    This league is going to the wire... 'Hall hanging in there, and with both Avondale and Rockmount at home, we'll at least have an influence on the destination. As we've seen through the season, there are no gimmes so it'll go all the way and we still have a squeak.

It has been a terrific league this season - teams in contention all over the place which makes for more excitement and more meaningful matches.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Back to the marathon tonight Clifford - we're in Cobh tomorrow night - how do you expect to go tonight?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Back to the marathon tonight Clifford - we're in Cobh tomorrow night - how do you expect to go tonight?
    Looking forward to it, Castleview are always difficult and it's all to play for. Depends who shows up for Mount tonight with regard to work etc..

Interesting to see how the lads will perform after Sunday's epic battle. Hoepfully they will be on the crest of a wave from here til the season end.

Anyone hear the result between Fermoy and St Mary's in the pop kelleher cup? I think Fermoy won it 2-1 surprisingly enough, although they were decent against us last week.