Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    i have all the proof you want and i reckon im the only person so why delete the comments and give us a warning..taught this was an open forum..if we have proff were allowed talk
    I haven't seen any proof. If you have it lets see it.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    i have all the proof you want and i reckon im the only person so why delete the comments and give us a warning..taught this was an open forum..if we have proff were allowed talk
    There was talk for years that Avondale players were getting paid and that is so far from the truth. This thing about players getting paid always seems to rear its ugly head on a monthly basis at this stage.
    If a club is able to pay players then fair play to them, they have either managed to generate income from the club it self or recruited a chairman or investor willing to invest their hard earned money into the club.

@Ringmahon4ever, if you had a serious amount of wealth behind you and you were passionate about your club then im sure if you had an opportunity to bring in quality players to your club for a small sum then you'd seriously consider it if it brought success to your club.
    Now don't give me that you'd rather win it with home grown players because this is very unlikley to actually happen in most clubs cases, if it would happen at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    are you serious or taking the p**s out of me.fair enough clubs want success and stuff but why bring in a player into an amateur game and pay him.plus your bringing a player to a club that he really doesnt give a poo about and all he cares about is his back hander after every game..by doing this your upsetting the local players and that will go right down to the junior ,youth and schoolboy setup..they will just give up trying because they know outsiders are being brought in for a few euros so there will be no room for them then..I think if you ask everybody on this forum the majority will think its wrong no matter how wealthy your club are ..just use the money on looking after your own players through there injuries and keep upgrading your club etc..thats my rant of the day over now gentlemen

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair point. I can't see any long term benefits for clubs paying players. It kills the club ethos and also ruins younger players ambitions to play senior which should be every schoolboys aim, unless good enough for a better standard. Brings back to the point of no clubs being successful in the schoolboy leagues, youth level and senior premier as most clubs would prefer immediate success rather than letting a club slide for a year or two to bring through home grown players which would allow for long term stability. I think this is starting to be brought through by the first division clubs more than any at the moment including Ringmahon. And that's tough to say coming from a Dale man.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    To be fair Ringmahon have a great system going as do Fermoy as do Leeds but theirs a few teams in the premier who are doing the same Mayfield have very few outsiders as do Tramore as do Everton as do Midleton I think St Mary's are good as well but not positive on that one.Now that's 50% of the premier with Everton and Midleton in the top 4 of the league. So theirs good work been done by these clubs to keep their identity and still be able to add a bit of quailty by bringing in 2 or 3 players as long as they don't take the **** and force out the local lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BalagueFC View Post
    Fair point. I can't see any long term benefits for clubs paying players. It kills the club ethos and also ruins younger players ambitions to play senior which should be every schoolboys aim, unless good enough for a better standard. Brings back to the point of no clubs being successful in the schoolboy leagues, youth level and senior premier as most clubs would prefer immediate success rather than letting a club slide for a year or two to bring through home grown players which would allow for long term stability. I think this is starting to be brought through by the first division clubs more than any at the moment including Ringmahon. And that's tough to say coming from a Dale man.
    ha ha i sense your heart was at breaking point saying that but the truth hurts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    thanks fellas..im just saying why bother clubs setting up academy,schoolboy programs and then when go off and pay fellas to play for team.this doesnt give a good example to the younger players.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    To be fair Ringmahon have a great system going as do Fermoy as do Leeds but theirs a few teams in the premier who are doing the same Mayfield have very few outsiders as do Tramore as do Everton as do Midleton I think St Mary's are good as well but not positive on that one.Now that's 50% of the premier with Everton and Midleton in the top 4 of the league. So theirs good work been done by these clubs to keep their identity and still be able to add a bit of quailty by bringing in 2 or 3 players as long as they don't take the **** and force out the local lads.
    ya think we only have two players that or not from mayfield,alberto and brosy , i think everyone else or local lads

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    ya think we only have two players that or not from mayfield,alberto and brosy , i think everyone else or local lads
    Dont ye also have two midfielders think that theay are from 1. Tipperary and 2. Ex St. Marys and another guy Mc Bride who was not school boys? Think that is 5 outside players and the polish keeper is 6 as I hear he is gone back to ye.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    rockmount match off tonight incase anyone was going to travel out. good luck to the lads from the msl playing in that trial game in limerick tomorrow.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Rockmount v Passage off tonight.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Dont ye also have two midfielders think that theay are from 1. Tipperary and 2. Ex St. Marys and another guy Mc Bride who was not school boys? Think that is 5 outside players and the polish keeper is 6 as I hear he is gone back to ye.
    your right dermy ryan from tipp and conor roche played school boys with mary's thery been there so long forgot they were not from mayfield,i think mc bride from mayfield as far as i know i'm not 100% on that and as for the polish keeper seba his long gone,he shows up training now and then last i heard he had a trial with cork city.so 4 maybe 5 players out of a squad of 15+ is fairly good you know your stuff mr sparky .midleton v mayfield was called off
    Last edited by mayfield utd; 18/02/2011 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    beat glasheen 3-0 today in pop kelleher..into the quarter finals now.anyone know wat way the draw goes

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    We beat mallow in the pop keller cup on saturday at home, had a full squad for the 1st time in a long time, played ok mallow kept going to the end and worked hard we just got the lucky breaks when needed. Does every other team suffer the same as us with guys going away for weekends??? Next week we have 3 of the lads going to Carling cup and another going to Dublin. I know people will say thats why you need a squad but when you sign up for the season these are the sacrifices players should make!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by collcorforever View Post
    We beat mallow in the pop keller cup on saturday at home, had a full squad for the 1st time in a long time, played ok mallow kept going to the end and worked hard we just got the lucky breaks when needed. Does every other team suffer the same as us with guys going away for weekends??? Next week we have 3 of the lads going to Carling cup and another going to Dublin. I know people will say thats why you need a squad but when you sign up for the season these are the sacrifices players should make!!!
    players should show dedication but you can't expect them there every weekend
    i think at the very most 2 games missed over a season for social occasions is the most
    after that players are taking the ****
    friday night games are perfect to quell situations like this

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    The players are not SENIOR players if social comes first. Simple as. Playing Senior is not just about talent but attitude too. You get out what you put in in football. To be fair to the players though they dont even know on Sunday afternoon what day their game will be the following week. I think the AUL can tell you on Thursday what day your game will be the following weekend. Finnegan and the MSL need to address this matter. Clubs should know their next 2 games at all times. With technology now we are not depending on the Echo to print these fixtures. Common sense should prevail.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by collcorforever View Post
    I love that you don't mention you lost to CIT 2-1 on Thursday night in the Beamish Cup. I wouldnt worry about players your going away for a weekend because ye are going to win nothing anyway and finish mid table at best in the 1st division

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    The players are not SENIOR players if social comes first. Simple as. Playing Senior is not just about talent but attitude too. You get out what you put in in football. To be fair to the players though they dont even know on Sunday afternoon what day their game will be the following week. I think the AUL can tell you on Thursday what day your game will be the following weekend. Finnegan and the MSL need to address this matter. Clubs should know their next 2 games at all times. With technology now we are not depending on the Echo to print these fixtures. Common sense should prevail.
    to be fair i agree with this sparky
    senior players are about the attitude to the game
    training in there own time and wanting to better themselves

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BalagueFC View Post
    I love that you don't mention you lost to CIT 2-1 on Thursday night in the Beamish Cup. I wouldnt worry about players your going away for a weekend because ye are going to win nothing anyway and finish mid table at best in the 1st division
    Bit harsh

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Bit harsh
    agreed