Page 67 of 590 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    must be gone by the way side so like most players. Looking foreard to season starting, alot of quality around this year. Looking forward to seeing blarney, reckon they could be pushing for a cup. Not strong enough for the league yet or to challenge for it but reckon they could get a good cup run or even get one of the local cups. Would be nice for them, good decent club

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya they're not a bad club...Ray O'Leary is a great talent!
    I think Paul O'Brien has a nick-name, "Scobes" I think they call him...was never really that good and never even got a trial for the Irish University squad!We played UCC in his last year with them and he was only a sub...he got 10 mins at the end when the game was over at right back.Saw "Scobes" playing a few junior games with UCC and he was good enough at that level.
    Last edited by minty; 21/08/2008 at 3:34 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

I must have had the wrong player, apologies. Ray O Leary = Outstanding, and now with the addition of Alan Weldon

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads any one know anything about Cobh Wanderers??? Havent heard much about them during the summer. Have they gained/ lost any players???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderpig View Post
    Lads any one know anything about Cobh Wanderers??? Havent heard much about them during the summer. Have they gained/ lost any players???
    Lost one player, up to the A-league with the ramblers, could be a tough year for us as we had the smallest squad in the division last year the fact that the ramblers have a team in the A-league has stopped a lot of good young players joining us as they see that league as a more attractive option than playing in the msl premier
    Bake em away Toys

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't worry about it spider pig but i actually think you have the right guy alright...i told the lads at training last night and they had a good chuckle about it...he's well known for being a poor player,supposedly never misses a training in fairness though!I saw him score 2 og's against us one day and 1 was a lob from around the half way line!
    Last edited by minty; 22/08/2008 at 9:05 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    mayfield season started last night and we couldn't have got off to a worst start hammered 4-0 at home to st marys schoolboy denfending for all 4 goals they had 4 free headers inside our box with no mayfield player within 10 yards of the goalscorers besides that the whole team was poor with little to no shoots on goal and to make things worst marys r not even a good team bring on rockmount thursday night cos we can't do any worst than that display

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2008/09 predictions

Ok chaps, time for your predictions for this season who will win the prem who will be relegated, promoted from the 1st. heres how i see it.
    1st rockmount 2nd douglas hall 3rd avondale 4th st. marys 5th blarney 6th ballincollig 7th everton 8th castleview 9th ucc 10th cobh wanderers.

don't really know anything about ucc its too early yet but their time has to be up soon and i reckon it could be this year. wanderers were just about a one man show last year and hes gone from what people are saying so they will be too, probably without a win all season. douglas will push hard this year strong all round squad.

1st division to premier will be ringmahon and midleton with mayfield and leeds running them close, but its 2nd division for passage and tramore.

glasheen and templemount will come up from the 2nd with youghal hot on their heels and who knows what cit could be this year.

cups. donie forde-douglas hall. keane cup-everton.

no cork team for the fai this year sorry boys l.s.l strong again this year.

bet i wont be too far out what do the opposition have too say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    nice to see we are tipped to go down again
    Bake em away Toys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yes ramblers are gone for sure

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villager View Post
    yes ramblers are gone for sure
    Shouldn't that be Wanderers??

Cathal Lordon signed for Blarney from Ballincollig did he?.................they could be dark-horses to challenge the top 3.
    Last edited by rambler14; 27/08/2008 at 2:23 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Relagation looms large for both teams from the island town i think. Just thought you were on about Ramblers with the crest you have on display. How did Wanderers do in pre-season matches and the opening Keane cup match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Shouldn't that be Wanderers??

Cathal Lordon signed for Blarney from Ballincollig did he?.................they could be dark-horses to challenge the top 3.

We are keeping quiet about our chances as is the Blarney way, could be in there or abouts, personally i think we need 2 more players to challenge strongly for the league, don't rule out a good cup run though.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    How did Wanderers do in pre-season matches and the opening Keane cup match.
    I'm not sure how the senior team are doing, afaik............not very good!

But the Wanderers Junior Team won the pre-season Barry Wall cup and lost 4-3 vs Avondale in their equivalent of the Keane Cup.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Relagation looms large for both teams from the island town i think. Just thought you were on about Ramblers with the crest you have on display. How did Wanderers do in pre-season matches and the opening Keane cup match.
    Beat Ballinhassig 1-0 away on Sunday morning in Keane Cup, playing Corinthians tonight where another win(hopefully) will se us through to the 1/4 finals on Keane Cup.
    Pre-season played in a tournament run by Midleton.
    Lost to Ballincollig 3-2, and Midleton 3-0 . . . had a descimated squad,goalkeeper had work commitments and some players on hols!. Wouldnt look too much into that!.

Will be a tough Season for Wanderer's (second season syndrome), butI think ur getting ahead of yourself tipping them to get relegated!!!. Also saying they wont win a game is very harsh for a team that finished 5th last seaon. (alot of teams dont like coming down to cobh to play)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As with every team in the league, the wanderers will have to take every game as it comes there are no easy games in the msl premier divison that is why the msl teams have done so well in the intermediate cup throughout the years
    Bake em away Toys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didn't mean to offend.

Shouldn't of said they would not win a game did not mean to be insulting. Good they got the season proper off with a win, but didn't Cobh have a good record in that Midleton tournament i was there last season when we lost on penalties to them (should of won that one)and i think they were playing Midleton or Mallow in the final to win the 3 in a row. From what i heard the team is not as strong as then and they were only ok to be fair. (ONLY MY OPINION SO DON'T GO KILLING ME). Ballinhassig was no test to be fair, Corinthians should be a better indication of how things are going. Best of luck post the result up after the match so i can eat more of my words

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any results

Anyone know any results from the junior cup or keane cup matches played over the last couple of days, i'm actually away till next tuesday myself (work not pleasure) but would like to keep up to speed though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount beat Mayfield last night 3-0. Didn't get to it, but think Beech and Ross got on the scoresheet.

Bad news emerging though is that Slatts has an injury keeping him out for a few months. Not sure about it at the moment, but will keep posted.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Rockmount beat Mayfield last night 3-0. Didn't get to it, but think Beech and Ross got on the scoresheet.
    A draw will do Marys so in the final game, whens that on Cliffy?
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com