Results 9,361 to 9,380 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
    The premier division was a bit of a joke this season to be fair. Avondale won it without setting the league on fire or without having to go up the gears, UCC fizzled away showing no desire to challenge Dale, Rockmount were very average and require several top players to push, Corinthians stay up due to an administration error by Leeds and Bandon show up at Midleton with 8 players, appalling when you think of it really.
    Anyway congrats to Dale, still the best around by a long shot and well done to Midleton, Hall & Corinthians for staying up.
    Leeds can blame the MSL but even with the 3 pts deduction they should have stayed up. I was at their home games vs mount & Midleton and they should have won both but didn't. Their big chance was the Midleton game and they didn't take it. Well done to the Hall who had a great end of season, Midleton & cors as well who picked up vital pts when needed ( both beat Dale away in the league). The less said about Bandon the better

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    People need to look more at the Leeds situation. In all fairness lads can the MSL be blamed here. It was a crazy outcome to a crazy scenario.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Credit to cork gaffer for his post.
    I'm sure Clifford empathises with the difficulties of running an MSL team while being a distance from the City.

Everyone on here affiliated with a club has had some gripe or other with officials over the course of the season.
    Last edited by razor; 19/05/2014 at 7:27 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Took in the corinthians v avondale yesterday. Well done to avondale on grinding out another result to win the league.. few sent off at the end which there was no need for but i think the ref culd of used his common sense as it was so late in the game.

Some one has to go down and unlucky to leeds.. hall in fairness to them got the results when they had to and heard it was a very comfortable 4-0 win for them. Is the astro the way forward for them?
    Also well done to midleton for staying up also, that one nil win v avondale was crucial it seems.
    well done to all!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Just seen the final tables. Great finish by Everton 4th place is a great achievement with the squad they had on paper anyway most people had them to go down. Me included. Delighted for Austin and the lads always sound guys.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    Just seen the final tables. Great finish by Everton 4th place is a great achievement with the squad they had on paper anyway most people had them to go down. Me included. Delighted for Austin and the lads always sound guys.
    douglas hall should be fourth.everton sixth.the league gave Everton 3 points they didnt deserve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    douglas hall should be fourth.everton sixth.the league gave Everton 3 points they didnt deserve
    Leeds got caught out by msl playing an ileagal player ... So that's why they lost the 3 points .. Everton deserved to be where they are and Leeds deserve to be where they are great season all in all I thought for the majority involved ..hopefully next season the title race be a lot closer....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballMad View Post
    Leeds got caught out by msl playing an ileagal player ... So that's why they lost the 3 points .. Everton deserved to be where they are and Leeds deserve to be where they are great season all in all I thought for the majority involved ..hopefully next season the title race be a lot closer....
    Are you trying to tell me that no team in the league has played a player that shouldn't have played ie on four yellows.come off it.knacks being pulled left right and centre especially over the last 2 months by teams

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Leeds will be back stronger now that the league has introduced parachute payments!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Credit to cork gaffer for his post.
    I'm sure Clifford empathises with the difficulties of running an MSL team while being a distance from the City.

Everyone on here affiliated with a club has had some gripe or other with officials over the course of the season.
    I certainly do, could prob get the same answer off a Mallow rep as well. Thankfully we've some very good kids who may well make the step up, but this season was hard with the experienced core of the team having a bad run of luck or other priorities. Spent many Sat nights scratching around for bodies to get 14 for the Sun morning this year. Way too often to be enjoyable. How we pulled it off every week I'll never know.

You can't just go and pillage another club when the transfer window opens like the City clubs do. You could take from the juniors or youths if some lads were showing promise but that avenue is being closed even more so by the powers that be from now on. The suggestion for next season is that no registered senior player can be dropped down from senior level to find a bit of form or even a 90 mins coming back from injury. Used to be able to play 2 seniors.

Defies all logic to me, it's like breaking out of the Rock trying to get a fella taken off your registered 23 to free up a slot for a new player (well it is for us anyway, seems to be easier for some clubs). If one of our lads emigrates we nearly have to get them to post over their pps number and proof of address from the new residence and a pint of blood from a stone ffs.

Anyway, the fight will go on, the refs will keep reffing, the managers will keep managing and the players will keep playing. I wish them all "All the best" for the summer and the coming seasons. I've stepped aside for a while, maybe it was me all along was the reason.....

Hat's off to Avondale, they are nearly as good as the great Mount team of the naughties.....but not quite....
    Last edited by Clifford; 19/05/2014 at 9:19 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    I certainly do, could prob get the same answer off a Mallow rep as well. Thankfully we've some very good kids who may well make the step up, but this season was hard with the experienced core of the team having a bad run of luck or other priorities. Spent many Sat nights scratching around for bodies to get 14 for the Sun morning this year. Way too often to be enjoyable. How we pulled it off every week I'll never know.

You can't just go and pillage another club when the transfer window opens like the City clubs do. You could take from the juniors or youths if some lads were showing promise but that avenue is being closed even more so by the powers that be from now on. The suggestion for next season is that no registered senior player can be dropped down from senior level to find a bit of form or even a 90 mins coming back from injury. Used to be able to play 2 seniors.

Defies all logic to me, it's like breaking out of the Rock trying to get a fella taken off your registered 23 to free up a slot for a new player (well it is for us anyway, seems to be easier for some clubs). If one of our lads emigrates we nearly have to get them to post over their pps number and proof of address from the new residence and a pint of blood from a stone ffs.

Anyway, the fight will go on, the refs will keep reffing, the managers will keep managing and the players will keep playing. I wish them all "All the best" for the summer and the coming seasons. I've stepped aside for a while, maybe it was me all along was the reason.....

Hat's off to Avondale, they are nearly as good as the great Mount team of the naughties.....but not quite....
    Avondale are a far superior team than the Rockmount side you mentioned,strong favourites for 5 intermediate cups in a row!
    Last edited by razor; 19/05/2014 at 10:26 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    [QUOTE=el nino coro;1753890]

Hat's off to Avondale, they are nearly as good as the great Mount team of the naughties.....but not quite....[/

Avondale are a far superior team than the Rockmount side you mentioned,strong favourites for 5 intermediate cups in a row!
    I agree with Clifford on this one much better squad ... Also our first intermediate cup win in 99 had only 1 player who didn't play school boys with the club and that was pat oldham . Either way would be a great game of played today ⚽️⚽️

13. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Well done Cliffy, great effort over the last few seasons, it can't have been easy.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    [QUOTE=striker09;1753897]
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post

I agree with Clifford on this one much better squad ... Also our first intermediate cup win in 99 had only 1 player who didn't play school boys with the club and that was pat oldham . Either way would be a great game of played today ⚽️⚽️
    Well I didn't expect a former player to agree with me

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    In your opinion. I saw both sides at first hand for many season and tip my hat to Dale but deffo it was a much harder time for that Mount team. More hurdles to get over, heck of a lot more competitive. I'd argue the Dale team of that time was better than this side. They went toe to toe for years and never flinched. These days Dale have nothing like that threat to take them on. In my opinion.
    Last edited by Clifford; 19/05/2014 at 11:41 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Well done Cliffy, great effort over the last few seasons, it can't have been easy.
    Thank you kind sir. great to see you again last week.

It was an honour and a pleasure at all times. Never forget this is our grass roots lads, anyone who can get involved do so if you are not already. It's incredibly rewarding and a roller coaster of emotions

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    [QUOTE=el nino coro;1753921]
    Quote Originally Posted by striker09 View Post

Well I didn't expect a former player to agree with me
    👍👍👍⚽️⚽️⚽️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Are you trying to tell me that no team in the league has played a player that shouldn't have played ie on four yellows.come off it.knacks being pulled left right and centre especially over the last 2 months by teams
    i never said teams don't do it but if u get caught doing it then you have to pay the price .. They got caught so that's there own fault no one else's .. It'll be a right battle in the north side in the coming season with castle view in the mix ...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Sorry to see Clifford step aside, one of the unsong heros of Fermoy F.C. Thought Leeds been punished the way they were was really harsh, All that hard work from last year getting them promoted and to be docked 3 pts for a clerical error is poor form from the MSL. They did not do it intensionlly and a fine would have fitted the crime but to dock them 3 pts is a disgrace I wonder if Leeds had a member sitting on the MSL board like some clubs do. Would it have happened then.

21. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballMad View Post
    i never said teams don't do it but if u get caught doing it then you have to pay the price .. They got caught so that's there own fault no one else's .. It'll be a right battle in the north side in the coming season with castle view in the mix ...
    It be a better league to have Leeds in it and not Corinthians who should be relegated