4-0 decky again

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackandwhite View Post
    4-0 decky again
    Some result from the hall,is the Midleton result true 3rd eye,find it hard to believe.anyone confirm this score?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Some result from the hall,is the Midleton result true 3rd eye,find it hard to believe.anyone confirm this score?
    Think so as Bandon were suppose to have only 8 players

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    That's what my buddy told me and he's assistant manger so I'd believe him I wouldn't think he be messing?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Yeah it was 8 to Middleton.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Midleton 8- bandon 0, bandon only had 8 men, game was blown up early .. Any news on Avondale game? Some result for Douglas hall

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblers91 View Post
    Midleton 8- bandon 0, bandon only had 8 men, game was blown up early .. Any news on Avondale game? Some result for Douglas hall
    That's a joke 8 men? Msl must be embarrassed with that top tier of senior football and have only 8 Players I don't care if your relegated or not that's unacceptable!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    That's what my buddy told me and he's assistant manger so I'd believe him I wouldn't think he be messing?
    Jesus,that is crazy.some joke of a club for that,all teams fighting hard and they do that!.that confirms Tadhg's existence in bandon anyway.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Corinthians benefit from leeds 3 point deduction in the end,the msl boys will be drinking well tonight on behalf of all in castletreasure

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Cors 0-1 Dale
    5 sent off
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The premier division was a bit of a joke this season to be fair. Avondale won it without setting the league on fire or without having to go up the gears, UCC fizzled away showing no desire to challenge Dale, Rockmount were very average and require several top players to push, Corinthians stay up due to an administration error by Leeds and Bandon show up at Midleton with 8 players, appalling when you think of it really.
    Anyway congrats to Dale, still the best around by a long shot and well done to Midleton, Hall & Corinthians for staying up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Leeds will be kicking themselves, after a good spell in the middle of the season points dried up a bit, huge huge blow for them to be relegated

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Cors 0-1 Dale
    5 sent off
    Who walked

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Who walked
    Danny & Fitzy for Dale, didn't hear about Cors.
    4 of the 5 went in a schmozzle at the end.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Great for the club today to stay in premier division huge effort from the players today's game was a training session but we are not complaining one bit

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Took in Midelton v Bandon today. Well done to Midelton, was a training game, if they bought up the goals to the halfway line bandon still wouldn't of got a shot in to be honest. Bandon are an absolute disgrace, turning up with 8 players, fair play to the 8 that showed up but the Managment on the line should be ashamed of themselves turning up with that type of effort!! I would think when all the teams who where fighting relegation today hear that they won't be happy with bandon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    There have been some honest and forthright posts commentating on today's MSL premier fixtures this morning. Whilst I agree with the basis of most comments the sentiments that I reluctantly have to admonish are those that insinuate a lack of integrity in the leagues final standings and in particular the outcome of the relegation battle following Bandon's poor showing this morning. I would like to point out that a league table doesn’t lie and no team is relegated on the basis of the last game of the season I will not add further insult to injury by making excuses for today's fielding of 8 players however I would like to provide a brief explanation and insight. Firstly Id like to thank the 8 players who made the trip up to Midleton this morning from Bandon. Those players who did come and try to play were on a hiding to nothing but still they travelled to play knowing they would only number 8. It has been a difficult season for Bandon and as everyone knows maintaining a club at this level needs buy in from all parties at a club. It became quickly apparent in my short time at Bandon when I arrived in January that this was just not there. Too many parties were pulling against each other as the season progressed the senior set up slowly unravelled and finally came apart at the seams to what you seen today. It was down to the commitment of a small few who got us through to were we are today.

It has been a huge achievement to field in the last 5 games. The only game in which we had more than 11 stripped was against Leeds at home. I'm struggling to hide my frustration and disappointment but I will tell you I am not alone in feeling that way as there are countless other people at the club both players and staff that feel that way each with their own set of grievances that were ultimately irreconcilable . Unfortunately for the club some players just threw the towel in when the club looked destined to be relegated others went when we were actually relegated and whilst in some of games we were supplemented by the youths and junior team it almost wasn't fair to push them to play at a level they weren't ready for and against quality opposition desperate for points and this was reflected in the poor results. This loss compounded the loss of several players in January to leave a threadbare squad of 17. This morning following the 2 sending of against Corinthians on Thursday night and the bookings received we were missing 5 senior players before the game started.

At this juncture I would also like to state that in a lot of instances it was easy to punish a team with nothing to lose and would even charge some of the officials in the league with wanton abuse of their position. The officials on many occasions were either very very good or very very poor. When it was very very poor the yellow cards really stacked up and this impacted up massively for big games. There were games were the outcome was in no doubt and yet sometimes 7 or 8 cards brandished for nothing tackles and in a lot of instances the referee had boxed himself into a corner with an earlier silly yellow which meant he had no other option but a to show a red card after an innocuous event. I cant remember a game were we weren’t missing several players through a culmination of cards. For today you need to add the suspended players to the unavailability of several players through work and other things and the unfortunate reluctance of one or two to make the trip form West Cork to Midleton on a Sunday morning and we were down to what we were able to field.

As you all know Taigue O Neill is the manager of Bandon and I truly felt for Tiague today and on each occasion I believe he did all he could to put the best side he could on the field but you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. I’ve never encountered a scenario like today at this level and I hope I never do again. I would like to thank the management team at Midleton and the officials who done their best to uphold the integrity of the league today. It can be hard to motivate yourself for such an occasion but to be fair to them they were as professional as you could have asked for. Midleton have a semi final on Tuesday and they had no room for sympathy in their preparation for that and of course in their desire to stay up.

At this stage I would like to congratulate John Ryan for his success at Avondale and Greg O Halloran for a great season at Carrigaline to date. Well done to Midleton, Hall & Corinthians for winning their fight against relegation and my commiserations to Leeds for their relegation. I would also like to congratulate Ballincollig for their success this season and Casement who shouldered the burden of favourites in division 2 well all season. Next Tuesday night in Blarney should be a cracker.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    At this juncture I would also like to state that in a lot of instances it was easy to punish a team with nothing to lose and would even charge some of the officials in the league with wanton abuse of their position. The officials on many occasions were either very very good or very very poor. When it was very very poor the yellow cards really stacked up and this impacted up massively for big games. There were games were the outcome was in no doubt and yet sometimes 7 or 8 cards brandished for nothing tackles and in a lot of instances the referee had boxed himself into a corner with an earlier silly yellow which meant he had no other option but a to show a red card after an innocuous event. I cant remember a game were we weren’t missing several players through a culmination of cards. For today you need to add the suspended players to the unavailability of several players through work and other things and the unfortunate reluctance of one or two to make the trip form West Cork to Midleton on a Sunday morning and we were down to what we were able to field.
    Always someone else's fault with you!!!!
    Last edited by razor; 18/05/2014 at 10:48 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Here he goes again!! On the ball there bullet