Page 323 of 590 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I can't remember the last time i saw scorelines like that in the premier league, were there players sent off?? not like mayfield or everton to just throw in the towel like that!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Crazy refereeing alright for one decision. When Ucc were two up, ball hit the back stantion and came back into play and was tapped into an empty net. Mayfield stopped playing then and decided to badger the ref for the rest of the game. Mayfield were missing quite a few players so probably not a fair reflection on their team

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    St Mary's 0-1 Fermoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty almighty View Post
    UCC 7-0 mayfield,heard crazy referreein in this game...think it was the same in the Douglas midleton game Friday night aswell,ridiculous decisions from some poor referree 's this year.
    I was at the hall game Friday night and thought the ref was very good don't know we're that came from

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Corinthians fully deserved the 3 points last night. I was really impressed with them and thought they played some superb football. They played out from the back and were a joy to watch. The guy Luke was superb and deserved to get the winner.

As for Rockmount they spent more time bitching at eachother and the ref then anything else. There very solid at the back and are hard to break down plus they have 2 solid keepers to choose from. Hoey was excellent but let himself down again with a horrible tackle at the end which he got a red card for. Rockmount were over run in the middle of the park and rely on cambridge and alan o connor's pace big time when going forward. Giddy up top tries hard and is an excellent player who conducts himself well on the pitch. No complaints here for Rockmount, Corinthians were simply the better team.

6. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedge View Post
    Crazy refereeing alright for one decision. When Ucc were two up, ball hit the back stantion and came back into play and was tapped into an empty net. Mayfield stopped playing then and decided to badger the ref for the rest of the game. Mayfield were missing quite a few players so probably not a fair reflection on their team
    Was at this game as well... UCC were able to just run through the Mayfield defence and the UCC keeper barely had to make a save. That said the third goal shouldn't have stood and thereafter Mayfield got about 7 or 8 bookings. Warren, Murphy and O'Shea missing for Mayfield. Josh O'Shea, Steve Mahon, Simon Holland, Eoin Kilcommons (3) and Cathla Lordan with UCC goals. I wonder when was the last time UCC had such a big victory in the Premier division, if ever?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    St Mary's 0-1 Fermoy

Another tough battle today away at Mary's and delighted to report that a Kurt Wheeler screamer about 15 into the second half was the difference between the sides. Good hard game where we stood up to an early onslaught of pressure and eventually started playing our own ball which should have seen us sneak one before halftime after a scramble in the box.

Second half saw us score and then defend it well til the end. Another vital three point in a day of mental scorelines.

Roll on next Sunday morning and welcoming the Magpies to Carrig park.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Brian Murphy was nominated for intermediate player of the year. Fair play to him
    Last edited by AvondaleNutter; 10/11/2012 at 5:50 PM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Brian Murphy was awarded intermediate player of the year. Fair play to him
    I think he was nominated for it.
    Isn't there usually three nominated first?
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I think he was nominated for it.
    Isn't there usually three nominated first?
    Yes you're quite right. Corrected

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbsbsb View Post
    Was at this game as well... UCC were able to just run through the Mayfield defence and the UCC keeper barely had to make a save. That said the third goal shouldn't have stood and thereafter Mayfield got about 7 or 8 bookings. Warren, Murphy and O'Shea missing for Mayfield. Josh O'Shea, Steve Mahon, Simon Holland, Eoin Kilcommons (3) and Cathla Lordan with UCC goals. I wonder when was the last time UCC had such a big victory in the Premier division, if ever?!
    yes we were missing those 3 player but we were also missing sherlock,ian fleming,dean grainger,the red hair guy shane (don't know his surname).the junior keeper started and a youth team player started right midfield 5 of the starting 11 against rockmount last week started against ucc and 2 of them played in different positions,brosy went up front and stef was out left midfield.the ref was very poor there 3rd goal was a joke.

13. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricksey View Post
    I was at the hall game Friday night and thought the ref was very good don't know we're that came from
    Ah come on tricksey,was at the game aswell,the sending off was crazy,since when was a push on a fella's shoulder a sending off,a few yellows were ridiculous,and a few tackles from Midleton were definitely yellows and not even a caution,then a Douglas player I think on a yellow kicks a ball away in temper on a yellow, in every league in the world it's a yellow card for petulance and time wasting....I believe this was refferree first senior game and totally buckled when had to be strong.pity good strong player in his day!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ah come on tricksey,was at the game aswell,the sending off was crazy,since when was a push on a fella's shoulder a sending off,a few yellows were ridiculous,and a few tackles from Midleton were definitely yellows and not even a caution,then a Douglas player I think on a yellow kicks a ball away in temper on a yellow, in every league in the world it's a yellow card for petulance and time wasting....I believe this was refferree first senior game and totally buckled when had to be strong.pity good strong player in his day!
    Douglas hall are probably the dirtest team in league, i watched them against rockmount and all they wanted to kickout at other players and slow up play, Which cost them in the end because they could have won the game.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Was at da Marys-Fermoy game today and to be honestM arys dont ave a bit of luck dis year, had a lot of possesion throughout but didnt make anythin from it...Fair play to Fermoy great goal dey got and afterwards defended well.
    Maybe da Rockmount game came at da right time for us next Fri nite just go out and play with nothin to lose

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Casement 1 Crosshaven 2 in Div 2. Nobody seems to want to win that league. All teams taking points off each other with Wilton the only exception.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Don't worry, he's been infracted
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Just after hearing Danny and Roy long gone from Avondale the first week of the transfer window Corinthians for both players.surely Corinthians are serious title contenders if them transfers go through.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Just after hearing Danny and Roy long gone from Avondale the first week of the transfer window Corinthians for both players.surely Corinthians are serious title contenders if them transfers go through.
    Wow that would be serious movement tricksey,is much truth behind it!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Wow that would be serious movement tricksey,is much truth behind it!!
    Don't want to say too much but that's what I was told awhile ago! Danny hasn't started in 6 weeks and that's not doing his international chances any good ! so just wait for December I suppose

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Don't want to say too much but that's what I was told awhile ago! Danny hasn't started in 6 weeks and that's not doing his international chances any good ! so just wait for December I suppose
    Will they lose that tall young fella getting their goals to the gaa?.smashing player
    Last edited by Chiefscout; 11/11/2012 at 7:02 PM.