Thread: Munster Senior League

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    O'Connell Cup last night
    UCC 4-1 Avondale Reserves
    Johnny C not risking any of the big players ahead of Saturday.

Avondales FAI Cup game away to Crumlin is now on Saturday April 22nd, looking like a double header with the Setanta Cup Final.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    O'Connell Cup last night
    UCC 4-1 Avondale Reserves
    Johnny C not risking any of the big players ahead of Saturday.

Avondales FAI Cup game away to Crumlin is now on Saturday April 22nd, looking like a double header with the Setanta Cup Final.
    And rightly so. Massive game on Sat and here's hoping it all works out for the best up there. Are the lads goin up on Fri?

Wonder will the game v Crumlin be on tv then as well? That would be ace.

Douglas Hall away tonight for injury ravaged Rockmount!! Last game in hand I believe. Where do you get the table from? I can't find it anywhere.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford
    And rightly so. Massive game on Sat and here's hoping it all works out for the best up there. Are the lads goin up on Fri?

Douglas Hall away tonight for injury ravaged Rockmount!! Last game in hand I believe. Where do you get the table from? I can't find it anywhere.
    Castleview played 17....36 pts.
    Rockmount played 15....32 pts.
    Avondale played 15.......30 pts.

Rockmount will still have one game in hand after tonight, so One point behind with a game in hand should suit ye fine wha!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Yeah travelling up Good Friday.
    I meant a double header for me obviously, Setanta would hardly risk the gear out in Crumlin.
    Injury ravaged ???, I wouldn't mind its only Charlton - Middlesboro tonight.
    Blarneys website is always good for an updated league table.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Yeah travelling up Good Friday.
    I meant a double header for me obviously, Setanta would hardly risk the gear out in Crumlin.
    Injury ravaged ???, I wouldn't mind its only Charlton - Middlesboro tonight.
    Blarneys website is always good for an updated league table.
    Naw, Eindhoven v Feyenoord tonight, sussing out next season's CL opposition.

Rockmount have beaten Douglas Hall 3-0 in a really tough game tonight. We missed a peno and scored 3 very very lucky goals before half time and hung on for the second half. Don't know how Mount are anywhere in the league really, still between View and in form Dale for me.....Terry White 2 and Pat Keane with the goals.

Ringmahon at home next Weds night.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Castleview played 17....36 pts.
    Rockmount played 16....35 pts.
    Avondale played 15....30 pts.

Avondale now 5 points off the pace. It'll be a very tough ask now for them to win the league, probably have to beat both View & Mount to have any chance now. Rockmount seem to have the luck on their side, despite the crippling hurdles that stand in their way every day. I don't know how they do it. 2 horse race.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Avondale now 5 points off the pace. It'll be a very tough ask now for them to win the league, probably have to beat both View & Mount to have any chance now. Rockmount seem to have the luck on their side, despite the crippling hurdles that stand in their way every day. I don't know how they do it. 2 horse race.

Yeah, Dale at home in all the important games, all theirs to lose. View well rested so ball must be in their court also, Mount well out of it now. Two horse race indeed...

Think Billy called it a few weeks ago that the matches between all three will settle it, hope Rockmount can field a team those nights what with injuries etc...just as well there are no games this weekend in the lg, I'd nearly have got a game!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Think Billy called it a few weeks ago that the matches between all three will settle it, hope Rockmount can field a team those nights what with injuries etc...
    I'm sure Billy will, as always, make sure his team has every possible advantage.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I'm sure Billy will make sure his team has every possible advantage.
    As always, I hear he's paying for linesmen this weekend or something. Are those rumours true Billy?

Big week for Mount, a pile up of games again this season. Ringmahon Weds night, Castleview on Sunday and Avondale next Thursday night in Cup final. Roll on a break!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    As always, I hear he's paying for linesmen this weekend or something. Are those rumours true Billy?

Big week for Mount, a pile up of games again this season. Ringmahon Weds night, Castleview on Sunday and Avondale next Thursday night in Cup final. Roll on a break!
    I was referring to Billy Cronin but hey.
    Avondale have College Corinthians away on Wednesday, Crumlin Utd away on Saturday and Mount at the Cross, Thursday week.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I was referring to Billy Cronin but hey.
    Ha ha, sorry, wasn't focused at all, but in fairness it could have been either!

Busy times indeed at Avondale, super to be involved in these games. Great experience.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is there a handy website where I can get results, fixtures etc.?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Not really, Examiner website maybe but if you log in here all the results are usually posted once Cliffy gets the Examiner on a Monday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhealy
    Is there a handy website where I can get results, fixtures?

I don't know of one, but if you need to know about any club we'll try to get you the fixtures, they come out on the Echo on a Monday night generally.

Any club in particular you need info on?

Edit: Welcome to the site by the way, the more the merrier on this thread. I get's fed up listening to Razor and Billy's Boots. (I'm sure they are sick of me also!!)
    Last edited by Clifford; 19/04/2006 at 12:18 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers, i missed the Echo on Monday so I was wondering what the fixtures for the forthcoming weekend were. The Munster Senior League should have a website where fixtures/results are posted, even the smaller junior leagues have this facility.
    Last edited by rhealy; 19/04/2006 at 2:48 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhealy
    Cheers, i missed the Echo on Monday so I was wondering what the fixtures for the forthcoming weekend were. The Munster Senior League should have a website where fixtures/results are posted, even the smaller junior leagues have this facility.
    True, MSL are not the most organised of organisations!! Full fixture list tonight: Carrig v Castleview, Avondale v Coll Cor, Rockmount v R/Mahon, etc. What fixture are you interested in?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillysBoots
    Full fixture list tonight: Carrig v Castleview, Avondale v Coll Cor, Rockmount v R/Mahon

Not sure if Avondale are tomorrow or tonight, but what harm.

Rockmount beat Ringmahon 3-2 in a squeeky bum type game. Went one up through Oldham, they equalised 2 into sec half - a cracker by their number 10. Mount again went ahead with a generous peno, Clifford scored it. Ringmahon then scored with 15 left, another cracker by the 10. Within a minute though Alan O Connor converted a scrappy goal to seal it for Mount.

Phew, nerves abound with the time of year. I hear Castleview strolled to an easy 2-1 win with the last kick of the game.....any truth in that Billy?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Not sure if Avondale are tomorrow or tonight, but what harm.
    Exactly, 2 horse race. Dale clinging to 3rd.
    College Corinthians 0-2 Avondale Utd.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks again for this info, do you know the Div 1 fixtures for this weekend?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Exactly, 2 horse race. Dale clinging to 3rd.
    Oi, get yer own line! That's my one.