Thread: Munster Senior League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    Leave poor auld Mogsy alone
    Who's going to win Donie Forde Cup tomorrow night ? I'll have to plump for Blarney ! Marys beat them in Keane Cup final a few years ago but Blarney to triumph this time ! Both teams in good form going into it
    it could be a tight game
    marys beat them out in o shea park a few weeks ago 1 nil although blarney had a man sent off early on,
    i say draw and blarney in extra time,just get that feeling

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post
    I spoke to a douglas hall player this morning on my rounds and i asked him about this dressing room incident about nailing cambridge . He said they wern't told to nail him as they are not that tyope of player but were told to mark john paul and close the space around cambridge . No team would ever intentionally go out to hurt a player.
    I thought as much

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    Leave poor auld Mogsy alone
    Who's going to win Donie Forde Cup tomorrow night ? I'll have to plump for Blarney ! Marys beat them in Keane Cup final a few years ago but Blarney to triumph this time ! Both teams in good form going into it
    Saints playing well at the moment. Think they might sneak it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    anybody goin down to ringmahon park for the big game on saturday.whats yere predictions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Goggs i think it was in fact you who was at a different game,john ryan and his crew on the line were encouarging knowles and a few others into risky and bad challenges and obviously that upset pat brown and the everton people.everton were the only team trying to win the game,midleton went one up front for the second half,while everton pushed on and got what they deserved in the end

opinions are like a*"$holes, everybody has 1!!! ha ha!! you have a BIG opinion!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    rockmount won 2-1 tonight poor game i thought. do what they usually do grind out a result with a winner from set piece.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    anybody goin down to ringmahon park for the big game on saturday.whats yere predictions
    I hope to get there. I'll be in the College camp for obvious selfish reasons. Think 1-3 might be the outcome.

Will the final week be next weekend and will they all be played on a Sun morn?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by six-yard-box View Post
    rockmount won 2-1 tonight poor game i thought. do what they usually do grind out a result with a winner from set piece.
    oh happy days. Anybody win 2 1 and its a great result. 3 pts is 3 pts at anytime of the season but more importantly at squeky bum time. Stand up and be counted boys !!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    I hope to get there. I'll be in the College camp for obvious selfish reasons. Think 1-3 might be the outcome.

Will the final week be next weekend and will they all be played on a Sun morn?
    your getting very selfish lately clifford ha ha.think the final games are not for two or three weeks because i think were down to be playing a cup game next weekend.thats the rumour on the street.as for your prediction i hope we make ya eat your words ..come on the ringmahon

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    that tactical genius they call Mogsy on the technical staff

is this the quote of the season

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Marys won on pens tonight
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ballincollig v Casement Celtic Ballincollig (D. Deady)
    Ringmahon Rangers V College Corinthians Ringmahon Park ( F. Murphy) New Fixture ******** (Cliffy)
    Castleview v Ringmahon Rgs O’Sullivan Park 7pm (F. Murphy)

From the fixture page, arf - I love it. Hats off to whoever does the fixtures!!! Laughed my ass off. Now I expect a personalised one every week.

Sweeeeeet.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Totally bizarre here at ringmahon park. 3-2 to college after 22 mins. Were two up in ten. 2 all after 20. Goal after almost every attack. Mental.

Edit 4-2 col half t.
    Last edited by Clifford; 09/04/2011 at 2:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    game adandoned down in ringmahon park..ringmahon players knocked unconcious..went into a seizure fit and swallowed tongue..game stopped for over 30 mins..college coriantians and referee finbarr murphy are an absolute disgrace to cork soccer.they wanted to play the game after everything that happened.how could you justify that.ringmahon team walked off.game should be adandoned 5 mins after incident.life or death situation..coriantians can take the league like that if they want.correct me if im wrong but didnt coriantians do the same down in fermoy.shocking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    game adandoned down in ringmahon park..ringmahon players knocked unconcious..went into a seizure fit and swallowed tongue..game stopped for over 30 mins..college coriantians and referee finbarr murphy are an absolute disgrace to cork soccer.they wanted to play the game after everything that happened.how could you justify that.ringmahon team walked off.game should be adandoned 5 mins after incident.life or death situation..coriantians can take the league like that if they want.correct me if im wrong but didnt coriantians do the same down in fermoy.shocking.
    if that is true it is a disgrace. if a game is stopped for that long you cant expect players to try and get back into the game. what was the score before the incident? do corinthians win the league now? hope your player recovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    disgrace is putting it lightly.ringmahon walked and coriantians and ref stayed on.how could play a game after seeing an incident like that.ringmahon players were visibly upset lookin at one of there own players in so much distress..coriantians were up 4-2 but the game was very good.was goin either way.i think coriantians get the points but they can take them and put them were the sun doesnt shine.wat type of men are they.giving there club and cork soccer a bad name.i blame the ref more but wat i want to say i would be kicked off this forum.the player got taken away by ambulance..our taughts are with him and his family

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Sad sad day all round and one which will haunt College Corinthinans for a long time. I have no idea what they were thinking, especially with the horrific incident we all shared together in Carrig Park before Christmas. I hope when the dust settles they will do the right thing and do it with apologies to the league and the Ringmahon club.

I am so disappointed because when we pulled the game in Fermoy at 2 nil up without hesitation they were all mulling around saying it was the right call and they would do the same if it was one of us. Terrible stuff lads, ye have made a massive howler and I hope ye can man up and set the record straight.

The game was a cracker up to that point. 6 goals in an incident packed first half. The incident which led to the injury was accidental and innoccuous enough. The reaction of the Mahon bench was good and the gent who ran in from the side obviously knew what he was doing. I was very worried for the player when he went into seizure, but it was dealt with well and ambulances came very fast.

Best of luck in the recovery to the lad, no one in the league deserves this to happen and at the end of the day there are so many things more important in life.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    thanks for clifford.one of the ringmahon players said to it a ......... player.dont even wanna mention the club ,that something simular happenened to them down in fermoy.his answer.sure that was back in october were goin for the league now.it was a great game all right.we were stil in with chance but after wat happened you cant expect a team to continue playing.we walkked off while they stayed on thinkin they were the men.some sportmanship by all in there club.ringmahon were deservidly applauded off the pitch.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    1st off would like to hope that ringmahons no 6 makes a quick recovery, I know our captain contacted his family and they said he is doing ok.
    Next point Finbarr made it clear to both teams that the game will finish after he consulted with a senior referree inspector and then informed both teams that it will go ahead.
    Something similar happened us before the game with castleview where one of our players had an epeleptic fit before kick off and we had to call an ambulance, a lot of our guys were upset but we were told the game was to be played and we went with what the ref said like we did today. This is possible the worst result for Corinthians as we did not want it to end this way but by no means were the last few posts fair on Corinthians.
    It was a good game with goals flying in at both ends, at the end of the day i hope that ringmahons player makes a good recovery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    ye had a similar senario down in fermoy when of yere players broke his leg.it was fermoy who decided not to play on in an act of "sportmanship"..ye stood out on pitch today when ringmahon team walked off knowing exactly wat ye were doing and knowing wat the outcome would be so dont give us the story of the ref told ye.if two teams decide to walk off in repect of the player the ref cant do nothing.you cannot expect any team to restart a game after it been stopped for over half an hour.well if ye act like that of course the posts are gonna be like that.i would love to say more but if i do il be banished from forum..your club and players are after leaving a bitter taste in everyones mouth that was down at game.especially our player that is up in hospital..