Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    I went to the match last night it was a lively enough encounter which Rockmount deserved to win in saying that they were helped by an extremely bias refferee who i'm told works with Billy Cronin,it was like a one man theatrical show he had the crowd oooohhhhing and ahhhhing in their seats at one stage an overly excited spectator shouted "he's behind you". Howie was in top form and dragged this one dimensional Rockmount side by the scruff of the neck refusing to give up. Ucc defended admirably considering they were sweating Heinken and Dutch Gold following their Collingwood exploits but Caulfields tatcics didnt help their cause switching to a 4-5-1 in the second half allowing Howie to break from the back.When the final whistle sounded Mr Lenihan took a bow in front of the Rockmount bench and he was showered by roses and adoration.
    Just out of bed. Having a laugh here. Think the ref last night is in Navy. Always thought Billy was a kitchen fitter.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Just out of bed. Having a laugh here. Think the ref last night is in Navy. Always thought Billy was a kitchen fitter.
    Goggs you need to chat to your source unless Billy fits kitchens on ships/subs in the navy? :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Goggs you need to chat to your source unless Billy fits kitchens on ships/subs in the navy? :-)
    Anybody here that supposedly theres over €200,000 missing from the AUL finances, fraud squad are gettin involved.

Not sure if we should be discussing it here or on the AUL thread

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Sorry Sparky ment to say John Lenihan is Billy Cronins love child i do apoligize.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Anybody here that supposedly theres over €200,000 missing from the AUL finances, fraud squad are gettin involved.

Not sure if we should be discussing it here or on the AUL thread
    Any truth in the rumour Blarney took it and are planing to bulk up their squad for next season.
    Steady Razor only joking

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    Sorry Sparky ment to say John Lenihan is Billy Cronins love child i do apoligize.
    John does have a hint of a tash growing at the moment..................you could be onto something there!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    I stand corrected. It seems last nights ref is gone from Navy and now works in a hospital.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    poor enough game to watch . some shocking decisions by the ref .Alan O connor was a shadow of his former self . i thinks its rob waters up front did well and young midfielder josh got stuck in just think if billy had played buttzy and giddy upfront might of done more damage to what was a very small ucc team

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    blarney 0-1 st marys

marys were the better team for the first half hour
    blarney then had man sent off
    this woke blarney up and they bossed game for next 30-40mins
    marys then scored a fantastic goal
    keeper to midfielder,chested down,passed to attacker,attacker back to midfielder who continued his run and bang!!
    3 passes and goal,lovely to see.
    with blarney pushing on,marys could hav finished with more but for some,what seemed like crazy offside calls from the linesman,
    i cant see either of these sides going down
    marys picking up points at the right time and blarney dominated this game for long periods with ten men

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    blarney 0-1 st marys

marys were the better team for the first half hour
    blarney then had man sent off
    this woke blarney up and they bossed game for next 30-40mins
    marys then scored a fantastic goal
    keeper to midfielder,chested down,passed to attacker,attacker back to midfielder who continued his run and bang!!
    3 passes and goal,lovely to see.
    with blarney pushing on,marys could hav finished with more but for some,what seemed like crazy offside calls from the linesman,
    i cant see either of these sides going down
    marys picking up points at the right time and blarney dominated this game for long periods with ten men
    Fair enough assessment of the game. Sending off kick started blarney into gear. Played well with 10men. Once Saints scored it knocked the stuffing out of blarney. Deflection on the shot pushed it away from the keeper though. I agree that both teams will defintly stay up! Blarney showed some great fighting spirit. Saints continue there push upwards. Both teams should finish 5th and 6th respectively.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    UCC 0-1 Avondale. UCC unlucky not to get anything out of it. Dale defended most of second half but UCC lacking up front. Should be a cracker next week with they host Mayfield. Dale any chance of catching Douglas Hall?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ringmahon 1-2 fermoy.

Back in the ball game with a hard earned and deserved win today. Went in one down with dubious pen 2/3 from half time after even 1st half. Even Steven for first 15 min second half, then we scored an absolute screamer from 35 yards that flew in over the helpless keeper. Only one winner from here on with the wind behind us. Scored second with 12 left, great bit of inter play down our left was finished cheekily from 3 yards.

Great heart in our team to keep this battle alive. Still alive with three left. Couldn't have asked for any more from them.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Ringmahon 1-2 fermoy.

Back in the ball game with a hard earned and deserved win today. Went in one down with dubious pen 2/3 from half time after even 1st half. Even Steven for first 15 min second half, then we scored an absolute screamer from 35 yards that flew in over the helpless keeper. Only one winner from here on with the wind behind us. Scored second with 12 left, great bit of inter play down our left was finished cheekily from 3 yards.

Great heart in our team to keep this battle alive. Still alive with three left. Couldn't have asked for any more from them.
    Great reply after last week.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am yet to hear how we played today but a good win all the same away to UCC. Who look in serious trouble now. I cant see anyone pipping Douglas Hall to the league. There name has been on it all season.

I went to the Ringmahon and Fermoy game instead today. I must say Clifford I thought ye were by far the better team in the second half and deserved the 3 points. That has put you right back in it. Any other results today?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Mallow beat casement 1-0 and college beat cobh 3-0.

Gonna go all the way to the wire now indeed. Feels great to get back on the winning trail indeed.

Def deserved it Balfc indeed. amazing the diff having a fullish panel to work off makes. Windy ould place Ringmahon park.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Every year Mallow grind out results like that when it really matters. It is too close to call. Corinthians have to play catch up but any 2 out of the 4 can go up now. Must be great to be involved in it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    UCC are in a serious battle for relegation after there defeat today!! so much for their collingwood success!!! Mallow's Victory today really spices things up at the bottom of the First division.. First division really spicing up with Fermoy's Victory today!! Really looking forward to the run in!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    sorry 4 postin twice but would just like to ask all the rest of the people who post on this site to have some patentice on the issue of the aul missing money ... although this issue is very serious i believe that it is wrong to comment b4 any real evidence is provided ... from the echo piece it seems that some blame is put on a recently deceased treaurer, a man who i knew personally so please dont judge cos this man was a very honest man who has a gr8 reutation and deserves the upmost respect... on a more positive note i would lik to commend the AUL on there running of the day to day organisation of the league.. for a much larger number of team and divisions they seem to be able to provide a much better website than the msl and are able to communicate fixtures b4 the msl can provide them ... some very good people involved in the AUL that help to run an organisation which is very well run

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyBHFC View Post
    sorry 4 postin twice but would just like to ask all the rest of the people who post on this site to have some patentice on the issue of the aul missing money ... although this issue is very serious i believe that it is wrong to comment b4 any real evidence is provided ... from the echo piece it seems that some blame is put on a recently deceased treaurer, a man who i knew personally so please dont judge cos this man was a very honest man who has a gr8 reutation and deserves the upmost respect... on a more positive note i would lik to commend the AUL on there running of the day to day organisation of the league.. for a much larger number of team and divisions they seem to be able to provide a much better website than the msl and are able to communicate fixtures b4 the msl can provide them ... some very good people involved in the AUL that help to run an organisation which is very well run
    Wes agree with what you're saying, don't jump to conclusions. This man was well respected by everyone. The only points that can be made are the facts that were given out at the AUL meeting on Thurs night. The one worrying fact from that meeting was that the financial reports for the last 8 or 9 years were signed off as audited by the regular auditor for the AUL. With the passing of the Treasurer the new Treasurer went to this auditor with the 2010 accounts only to find he hadn't audited AUL accounts for years, eventhough his name was on all the AUL AGM financial reports. Very worrying times ahead for the AUL.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The 'View View Post
    Wes agree with what you're saying, don't jump to conclusions. This man was well respected by everyone. The only points that can be made are the facts that were given out at the AUL meeting on Thurs night. The one worrying fact from that meeting was that the financial reports for the last 8 or 9 years were signed off as audited by the regular auditor for the AUL. With the passing of the Treasurer the new Treasurer went to this auditor with the 2010 accounts only to find he hadn't audited AUL accounts for years, eventhough his name was on all the AUL AGM financial reports. Very worrying times ahead for the AUL.
    I know the new treasurer personally. A very thorough guy. I also knew the deceased member. A top man. My advice at this stage guys is to back off until all is sorted. A terrible time for all INTERESTED in Cork football.