Page 133 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    your totally right ballsac7 as you say its amateur and i feel that the players already put in enough of their time at club level without heading to donegal for what is in all honesty a competition that is of no interest to 99% of the msl.players are juggling playing,work and families who cares if the msl pay for a few pints for them they are giving them 3 or 4 days for a mickey mouse tournament. archie you are way out of line with your comment about spoilt players who only think of themselves I'd guess you in no way can appreciate the time and effort given by players

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I heard that all the players that were asked to go to Donegal had the clear option to decline the offer when asked, All those who could not travel for one reason or another told the managers in plenty of time, so they could make alternative arrangements to fill the panel, but seemingly these two players just didn't bother,and if I remember rightly,it's not the first time for one of these players. They should not be asked again and should count themselves lucky to get away with 5 weeks.
    Any player asked to play for their league,county or country should be honored and proud to do so and if they are not available, should have the courtesy to let the management knowin plenty of time. The MSL look after all the players involved in their tournaments, Transport,Accommodation, food and even a few beers, and all thats asked in return is to wear the jersey with pride and give 100%. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes by people voluntarily giving of their time and efforts in clubs and leagues all over the country, Including those on the MSL committee, I don't know if you are involved in the running of a club Skinny 11, if you are you should know better than to listen to spoilt players who think only of themselve,and if you are not maybe it.s time you did, you might learn something.
    I think most players Archie put their clubs before the league - it seems like its always been that way & you know as well as I do that most players never appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes but at the same time Carpet is right. We play at an amateur level, people have families, most have two parents working. Some players have work & don't know from one end of the week to the other what work is available. I think the MSL need to bring in clear rules regarding the selection of players for the MW Cup to avoid this happening in future.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
    your totally right ballsac7 as you say its amateur and i feel that the players already put in enough of their time at club level without heading to donegal for what is in all honesty a competition that is of no interest to 99% of the msl.players are juggling playing,work and families who cares if the msl pay for a few pints for them they are giving them 3 or 4 days for a mickey mouse tournament. archie you are way out of line with your comment about spoilt players who only think of themselves I'd guess you in no way can appreciate the time and effort given by players
    Carpet, I'm looking at this from both sides of the fence, I played the game AND administered on a Committee at club level for over 20 years so I know the score, I'm not saying all players are spoilt but there are some in every club who just don't care as long as they get to play and won't put themselves out to help there club or league. OK, it might be a Micky mouse tournament to some but they can still get 20 players willing to play on the representative side and proud to do so,those who have not got the time to do so should just come out straight and say so and let the mentors plan with who they have. ballsac7,The FAI rule book clearly states: "Any player selected to play in any International or any other match arranged by the FAI OR IT'S AFFILIATES and who,WITHOUT GOOD AND SUFFICIENT CAUSE refuses to comply with the arrangements for playing of the match or fails to play in such match, May be adjudged to be guilty of misconduct, and such player or any club which may be deemed to have encouraged such player to misconduct, may be dealt with as the disciplinary bodies shall deem appropriate". Now, these two players got there suspensions and should hold their hands up and take it, their club appeals it so they can play while it's under appeal. Most clubs are struggling to raise funds at this time so the money spent for this appeal is a pure waste of club funds. It won't be reversed.Players like this should study the rules of the game and play by them or suffer the consequences, and stop clubs wasting valuable time and money. "It's a simple game made hard by players". Now I'm putting this to bed

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    so does being injured and have to work not good and sufficent cause . it doesnt say anywhere that they have to ring the management and confirm they are not going .so what about the the mayfield keeper , karl caulfield .ray o leary who also didnt go where is there suspension .and what about other events that happened in donegal .Wouldnt that also be considered alleged serious violent conduct archie
    Last edited by razor; 13/11/2010 at 8:43 PM. Reason: Alleged

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny11 View Post
    so does being injured and have to work not good and sufficient cause . it doesnt say anywhere that they have to ring the management and confirm they are not going .so what about the the mayfield keeper , karl caulfield .ray o leary who also didnt go where is there suspension .and what about other events that happened in donegal .Wouldnt that also be considered serious violent conduct archie
    Look, of coarse injury or work commitments are sufficient but It's only out of courtesy that you let your management know as soon as possible, so they can make alternative arrangements, whether it be at club or representative level. (and three or four lads did this)These two lads just didn't bother,if it happened at club level I'm sure any manager worth his salt would drop them for the next game or two and then they might think twice before leaving their team mates and management guessing weather they'll turn up or not. It's all about being honest with your team mates and management. As for the alleged Donegal incident,I'm sure the FAI would have dealt with it if it were that serious, as it was their tournament.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Msl Mess

Why didnt the msl stress the importance of this tournament if their handing out such severe suspenions. Only a handfull of players stayed in on the Saturday night before the crunch tie on the Sunday that doesnt sound organised nor respectful of the tournament to me. So why the casual approach on one hand by the msl and suspensions on the other it makes absolulte no sense what so ever.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As for the alleged incident which was seen by by nearly every1 there no action taken .Guess it really just depends on wether you play for rockmount or not

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    watch out skinny11 your at the stage when your comments will be blocked as you are telling the truth which isn't appreciated by some on this forum. i cant believe that archie wants club managers to suspend their own players over this, club managers should be giving these players the few pints they would of got in donegal from the generous msl in return for their players not wasting their time and risk of injury at this tournament. to go quoting FAI rules to amateur players when the association cant deal with players like stephen ireland and roy keane over the years is laughable.amateur players do enough for clubs with their time.i'd bet ray leary and karl caulfield are delighted they weren't there by the way why weren't two of the msl's best players there?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Everton 1-3 Tramore (LGE)
    Mayfield 2 - 0 Avondale (LGE)
    Douglas Hall 2 - 1 Rockmount (MSC)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Tramore beating Everton big shock only a matter of time before Everton were found out. I was at Mayfield game Avondale were missing one or two but look a shadow of their former selfs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    archie have you ever been away with the msl on the michael ward tournament .the way you say they are looked after you swear it was 5 star grub and best of gear .dont make me laugh . some crappy hotel crappy food and made wear the same crappy tracksuit for 3 days while been away from your family at your own expense .paid for by the money made off the €5 for yellow and €50 for red so never your talk about expense its what we pay for .while lining the msl s pocket

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    On the Douglas 2 thing, fair enough the two lads in question had valid reasons for missing the trip but would the MSL be taking action if these players had, as archie said, gone through the proper channels and informed Patsy or the MSL officials in advance?
    Very heavy penalty in my opinion all the same.
    And if the other alleged incident did occur surely theres no way on this wide earthly world that the MSL would let the player in question away with it?
    Rockmount player or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    was at Mayfield game Avondale were missing one or two but look a shadow of their former selfs.
    I arrived just before Mayfield got their 2nd and they were the better team, Dale weren't at the races at all.
    Last edited by razor; 14/11/2010 at 7:57 PM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Has anybody got a match report on the Everton-Tramore match fair play to Tramore everybody has knocked them this season but they kept going they seem to have a good spirit and there manager is allways full of passion it must have rubbed off on their players.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Looking at the 2nd division it looks like Carrigaline are finally getting back on track after 2 relegations in a row.
    Anyone know what created this change?
    They could be a good team in the future as they produce alot of good young players

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Two things they changed their manager last season and got two local lads who are carrigline true and true. So they started from scratch and went with all home based players which brought a good team spirit secondly they built there team around the excellant under 17 team they had last season.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    Why didnt the msl stress the importance of this tournament if their handing out such severe suspenions. Only a handfull of players stayed in on the Saturday night before the crunch tie on the Sunday that doesnt sound organised nor respectful of the tournament to me. So why the casual approach on one hand by the msl and suspensions on the other it makes absolulte no sense what so ever.
    goggs is dead right ,it was the same last year in galway some players on the **** in galway town till 5 in the morning while others sat down stairs drinking with the msl committee members . billy cronin says jump they say how high

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Big game this weekend against fermoy at home..hopefully the points will come our way and keep up our good run

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    Big game this weekend against fermoy at home..hopefully the points will come our way and keep up our good run
    Fermoy are scoring alot of goals but leaking them in as well, Should be an interesting tussle between ye's.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Blarney v Rockmount game off tonight! Would hav been a decent game on a boring tuesday night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Decent game can you ever recall a time that Rockmount played attractive football I don't think so and Blarney are too nervous these days to get the ball down so unless you wanted to go to work tomorrow with a neck brace,think yourself lucky it's off.