Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Official Representative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Crosshaven AFC - Return to Training Wed 7th July @7pm

Crosshaven AFC MSL Senior 2nd are returning to training Wed 7th July at 7pm. All last years panel will be contacted in advance or if you would like a shot at senior football please pm this post or go to www.crosshavenafc.com Come down & see if you like the set-up, training etc. No pressure. Players are welcome to turn up in Camden on the night.
    The team will be managed by Buzz O'Connell and coached by Cork Citys Greg O'Halloran and Uefa B coach Anthony Cronin.
    Last edited by Crosshaven AFC; 30/06/2010 at 8:00 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    its offical martin cambridge new douglas hall manager with his assistant manager not named yet

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Martin Cambridge was assistant to Hendo down in Ramblers and was very highly regarded by all accounts. Tiny was part of the furniture there, no doubt he'll have plenty of offers.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Cambridge is a bluffer if you ask me. He's only a mouth piece. I know alot of fellas who played when he was with Cobh and thay all say the same thing BLUFFER,he wont last pi##ing time there i reckon. Player power got rid of Tiny,dont know about Hackett or Cullers but Kev Mull was out the gap if he stayed..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    cullers wasnt even getting a look in there when tiny was manager even th the best players the year cj had em

been very quiet on the transfer side

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I heard the Hall lads had a meeting and all signed!!!! Cambridge said he was bringing a few players with him and getting rid of the dead wood who ever they are???
    They are more than welcome in Corinthians, but I suppose a new manager from the outside will always bring a few new players and upset a few lads who have been regulars in past few years.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    spoke to 1 or 2 of the players tonight seems there happy with cambridge and he has a few signings lined up all the hall are really short are a gk cm and a strker and they could challenge rockmount . the hall should should bring in a player from their juniors olly i think his name is lazy i was told but seen him a few times looks quaility like a young rory beechinor

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    There is a rumour on the City forum that Daniel O'Leary the Passage keeper who was supposed to be signing for City has now in fact signed for Douglas Hall.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For what I'm after hearing Mulcahy & Strachan haven't signed.
    Why the club wouldn't back Tiny is beyond me. 3 finals & second in the league was a successful season for Douglas Hall. To bring in a fella with the reputation of Cambridge is puzzling to say the least(It's not a good reputation). Cambridge was to go in as assistant manager with Alan O ' Sullivan as the manager. He turned it down due to work commitments so Cambridge is the only one left for the committee to take. This doesn't seem right to me. The Hall have a strong set up & a good team. All they need is a good manager. They should of stuck with Tiny for one more season or at least got in a quality manager.
    Seeing as Tiny had to deal with Mulcahy not wanting to play & Culnane the same, they still finished well. They had a tough start but turned it around. Look at the table "it never lies"!
    Cambridge will be gone by Xmas & the committee will then turn to CJ or someone

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    There is a rumour on the City forum that Daniel O'Leary the Passage keeper who was supposed to be signing for City has now in fact signed for Douglas Hall.
    I was at City v Limerick last week and Daniel O'Leary was the sub keeper. I doubt whether he would leave City so soon as he is obviously signed.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cambridge gone from Douglas Hall. Phil Harrington offered the job. Has yet to accept
    That was fast!!! I said Cambridge would be gone by xmas. :-)))))))

Committee need to make up their mind I'd say. Maybe third time lucky......

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I heard something similar about Mark Sull - that he isnt with City either - gotta love all these rumours!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Just heard that Phil Harrington is the new Douglas Hall manager with Philip Long as his assistant.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    did anybody watch the blarney sevens final last night what a cracker some good players on show

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Stephen Neiland has taken over at CIT..not sure what happenned with Dobbs as thought he did a good job out there last year...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    thomas hughes avondale and giddy from blarney formerly lakewood both sign for rockmount

Official Representative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Crosshaven AFC require Goalkeeper for the coming season in MSL Senior Div 2 - if interested please pm this post or contact manager@crosshavenafc.com
    Thanks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    dave warren and derek varian have both left for douglas hall my sources inform me

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Alright lads, I've been out of the country for a few years but back in Cork now so looking to keep up-to-date on the latest goings-on in the MSL.

Have there been many pre-season friendlies so far? In the 1st division thread I noticed that Midleton beat Fermoy. Have Midleton added to their squad after going up? Surely Friday night football would've swayed a few at least!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    They would be 2 great signings for the hall, they are also asked Derek Caughlan ex Cork City to come up, they will have a huge squad next year and will be tough to keep them all happy!!!