Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    Duster you seem to know an awful lot about Garryduff?? were or are you involved with them???
    No never involved with them, but I know some lads that were. I have contact with one of the players still there. Hence I get all the up to date news and confirm my info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Thank god that rubbish with the paying players is put to bed. Clubs can barely make enough to survive not alone pay their players...

So any transfers???? Only thing in Avondale is that Andrew Goulding has re-signed from Garryduff. Was with us at the start of the season but left, as far as i know he had to leave Garryduff and had no option but to return to Avondale due to the 2 clubs in one season rule.
    Last edited by AvondaleNutter; 01/02/2010 at 10:24 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    Its against the rules of Msl to poach players who are signed with other clubs - preseason is fine but you cannot approach a player midseason. No doubt it goes on but under league rules a player must look for the transfer.
    Rules are rules my friend doesnt mean everyone plays by them. It goes on wholesale and in my opinon every club is guilty of it at some stage in a season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I agree that every club does it but it doesn't make it right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    the top teams are more guilty then anyone.if the gaa rule was in soccer i wonder how many would survive.play for the team thats in your parish. doubt avondale would survive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    the top teams are more guilty then anyone.if the gaa rule was in soccer i wonder how many would survive.play for the team thats in your parish. doubt avondale would survive
    Avondale wouldn't be as good, fact.

For me personally, I would prefere to see a team of blackrock/ballintemple based players, players from these areas might be more willing to contribute more to the club if the majority of the players were from the area..

But then Avondale could become a mediocre team like Ringmahon.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Avondale wouldn't be as good, fact.

For me personally, I would prefere to see a team of blackrock/ballintemple based players, players from these areas might be more willing to contribute more to the club if the majority of the players were from the area..

But then Avondale could become a mediocre team like Ringmahon.
    To call Ringmahon Rangers mediocre is a very unfair comment about a club with very long history and a record amount of Munster Senior League titles. At least they play players from their own locality and don't trawl the city and county like Avondale to creat the Avonadale All Stars. Avondale are without doubt the master poachers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinguard View Post
    To call Ringmahon Rangers mediocre is a very unfair comment about a club with very long history and a record amount of Munster Senior League titles. At least they play players from their own locality and don't trawl the city and county like Avondale to creat the Avonadale All Stars. Avondale are without doubt the master poachers.
    First of All shinguard i was taking the mickey, i was having a pop off Ringmahon 4 ever because he had a pop off Avondale, just a little bit of banter. Second of all I would personally prefere Avondale to be more like a 'Club' like Ringmahon. Thirdly Avondale would survive despite Ringmahon 4 Ever doubting this. Fourtly its tough for Avondale to keep on to players from their locality when their pitch is in Carrigaline and this is no fault of their own, they just dont have the funds to move back to its origin. If they had a pitch in their own locality then i'm sure Avondale would have a very strong team based soley on local players. They are more or less forced to ask players from other areas of cork to play for them.

Its grand for the likes of Douglas Hall, Ringmahon, Mayfield etc to build a team on home based players as their pitches are local. Most of Avondales schoolboys will pick Gaelic, Hurling or Rugby over Football when reach Youth level due to the clubs being in close proximity to their homes.

Would you agree shinguard?
    Last edited by AvondaleNutter; 03/02/2010 at 3:34 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Ya Bodie. 2nd division will be very tight. Anyone of 4 teams could win it. Obviously promotion was our aim at the start of the season but we will be looking to win it after our good start. Were extremely solid at the back conceding 3 goals in 9 league games but on the other hand were not scoring many 14 goals either. Our problem all season is not punishing teams after going in front and then putting ourselves under pressure by being only a goal up......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    First of All shinguard i was taking the mickey, i was having a pop off Ringmahon 4 ever because he had a pop off Avondale, just a little bit of banter. Second of all I would personally prefere Avondale to be more like a 'Club' like Ringmahon. Thirdly Avondale would survive despite Ringmahon 4 Ever doubting this. Fourtly its tough for Avondale to keep on to players from their locality when their pitch is in Carrigaline and this is no fault of their own, they just dont have the funds to move back to its origin. If they had a pitch in their own locality then i'm sure Avondale would have a very strong team based soley on local players. They are more or less forced to ask players from other areas of cork to play for them.

Its grand for the likes of Douglas Hall, Ringmahon, Mayfield etc to build a team on home based players as their pitches are local. Most of Avondales schoolboys will pick Gaelic, Hurling or Rugby over Football when reach Youth level due to the clubs being in close proximity to their homes.

Would you agree shinguard?
    I agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    i dont think you can blame the gaa and rugby as an excuse.every club has gotta deal with that.st michaels/blackrock built massive grounds right next to us but we just got on with it.i think personally myself there should be some rule there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Blarney Utd v Mayfield tonight ???

Anyone here know if this fixture is going ahead tonight? Blarney had a problem with their floodlights during the week, only managed to play 40-45 minutes of a friendly v Limerick City on Tuesday night due to floodlight failure.
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onefootednopace View Post
    Anyone here know if this fixture is going ahead tonight? Blarney had a problem with their floodlights during the week, only managed to play 40-45 minutes of a friendly v Limerick City on Tuesday night due to floodlight failure.
    On alright, fingers crossed they dont fail again !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    On alright, fingers crossed they dont fail again !
    Thanks, might pop over there for a look.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onefootednopace View Post
    Thanks, might pop over there for a look.

Its on the Astro apparently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    Its on the Astro apparently.
    Thanks for that Billy G

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Ballincolig 1-3 Avondale Utd on saturday afternoon
    Dale were 1up and seemingly coasting but could not get a 2nd
    Then an awful mistake at the back allowed the Collig in for an equaliser.
    Collig looked to be heading for their first point of the season but Dale wore them down and scored twice n the last 10 minutes.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Blarney United 0-3 UCC. UCC fully deserved their win and also had the luxury of missing a penalty. They were 2 up at the interval and coasted through the rest of the game, scoring a third goal with 15 minutes remaining.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinguard View Post
    Blarney United 0-3 UCC. UCC fully deserved their win and also had the luxury of missing a penalty. They were 2 up at the interval and coasted through the rest of the game, scoring a third goal with 15 minutes remaining.

Fair shock there. UCC have rockmount this weekend too so will see how they fare there.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    Ya Bodie. 2nd division will be very tight. Anyone of 4 teams could win it. Obviously promotion was our aim at the start of the season but we will be looking to win it after our good start. Were extremely solid at the back conceding 3 goals in 9 league games but on the other hand were not scoring many 14 goals either. Our problem all season is not punishing teams after going in front and then putting ourselves under pressure by being only a goal up......
    Heard Crosshaven have a protest against Casement after the away game ten days ago...........whats going on there Southsider?
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.