Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Maybe so, "Ballsac7", I don't know, but I would give them a few days to sort it out. Hopefully it will be worth the wait if they get it right from the start.
    Site up & running - content is poor so far - whoever is updating cant seem to find shift key - no capital letters. Hopefull not another false dawn!
    I take that back scores updated tonight very early - hope this is a sign of things to come!!
    Last edited by ballsac7; 09/10/2009 at 9:38 PM. Reason: Change of mind
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Youghal 1 - 1 Cobh Wanderers, match played tonight in Youghal.
    They have some set-up down there in fairness to them.
    Beautiful pitch, floodlights and astro turf!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thumbs up facilities

Quote Originally Posted by offside rule View Post
    Youghal 1 - 1 Cobh Wanderers, match played tonight in Youghal.
    They have some set-up down there in fairness to them.
    Beautiful pitch, floodlights and astro turf!
    Ya, Excellant, Great to see the improvements to grounds each year, Gone are the days of togging out on a cold winters day from the boot of the car or on the bus on the side of the road eh. By the way, congrads to the MSL Oscar Traynor lads who beat West Waterford/East Cork 3-1 tonight.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    2-0 up at half time but we didnt ease up in the 2nd half kept the pressure on Garyduff abd we should have had another couple. Delighted at the moment with how things are going for us. 4 wins on the bounce and 4 clean sheets aswell. Robbie O Mahony ex-Avondale made his debut coming on at half time and impressed with his direct running game. Huge game Sunday away to Crosshaven. Should be a cracker
    Any result from this game Southsider - heard it was switched to Saturday - no result up on website yet......
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    Any result from this game Southsider - heard it was switched to Saturday - no result up on website yet......
    1-1. We scored in the 88th minute to go one up with a header by Dave O'Keeffe. Crosshaven equalised in the 90th minute. Disgusted with ourselves but a draw was probably a fair result. Played on the 2nd pitch. Seems way to small for a senior pitch we'll be looking forward to playing them again in Casement Park on a big pitch

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    1-1. We scored in the 88th minute to go one up with a header by Dave O'Keeffe. Crosshaven equalised in the 90th minute. Disgusted with ourselves but a draw was probably a fair result. Played on the 2nd pitch. Seems way to small for a senior pitch we'll be looking forward to playing them again in Casement Park on a big pitch
    Sounds like its going to be a tight game between you two - was taking to a buddy in Barrys late last night who said Crosshaven were missing loads but deserved their draw. That game in Casement could be an title decider!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Sounds like its going to be a tight game between you two - was taking to a buddy in Barrys late last night who said Crosshaven were missing loads but deserved their draw. That game in Casement could be an title decider!
    A bit early to be talking about title deciders but it should be more entertaining than yesterdays match. They seemed well chuffed with a point where as we were gutted. They were missing a few alright but sure we can all say that we were missing fellas. We had 2 starters out aswell

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Munster Senior Cup 1st round
    St. Marys 2-1 Leeds AET

Keane Cup Quarter Final
    Avondale Utd 1-2 Rockmount

Late Mount goal won this one, David Spratt also missed a penalty.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

msl website

msl Web live, looks good, info building fairly lively,hope this trend keeps up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    What was the basis for that attack el nino? Ballsac did not say anything offensive. All he aid is Crosshaven were delighted to get the point which im sure they would since they scored so late. Im sure alot of teams would be happy against a team of casements quality.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    msl Web live, looks good, info building fairly lively,hope this trend keeps up.
    I found the last website alot easier to navigate. It still seems a bit all over the place still. All Leagues still have not been updated. The photos have no tags like in the previous website. I will give them credit they update this website alot quicker than the previous.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    What was the basis for that attack el nino? Ballsac did not say anything offensive. All he aid is Crosshaven were delighted to get the point which im sure they would since they scored so late. Im sure alot of teams would be happy against a team of casements quality.
    I think the comment left by El Nino was directed at Southsider not me. I just commented that I had heard from a buddy in Douglas that Crosshaven were good value for the draw and on the balance of the first half should have won it. Last nights Echo had a report and it seemed to reflect this.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I think the comment left by El Nino was directed at Southsider not me. I just commented that I had heard from a buddy in Douglas that Crosshaven were good value for the draw and on the balance of the first half should have won it. Last nights Echo had a report and it seemed to reflect this.
    Sorry was meant to say Southsider. Still dont understand why he attacked him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Stop strirring it up Billy, just let it be and let them build bridges.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The message was sent at 11pm probably drink induced

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The basis of it was the complaining of the pitch being too small for a senior pitch and they cant wait for the return game on a bigger one,now tell me this do you or any of the lads on here class MSL 2nd division as senior or the 1st division for that fact?For me only the premier teams can be classed as senior teams,simple as that!I quoted the wrong message also so this might have caused confusion
    Last edited by el nino coro; 15/10/2009 at 9:45 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    The basis of it was the complaining of the pitch being too small for a senior pitch and they cant wait for the return game on a bigger one,now tell me this do you or any of the lads on here class MSL 2nd division as senior or the 1st division for that fact?For me only the premier teams can be classed as senior teams,simple as that!I quoted the wrong message also so this might have caused confusion
    I dissagree. There is only ten places in the premier. There are 30 teams in the senior league. Not all teams can play in the premier but that is there aim every season to break into the premier. Clubs recieve their senior status on the basis of facilities, structure of the club and also how long they have been in the league etc. etc.. Teams do not get there senior status just because they are in the premier. If you want you can class them as premier senior. There are some very good teams in 1st division and 2nd division who are probably good enough to play in the premier senior. And you think they should not be allowed the title of being a senior club? I agree with your argument regarding the pitch. Why use the bottom pitch when the top pitch is their senior pitch? Even if a game was on before it the seniors should get first preference with use of the pitch.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just for clarification which quote did you mean to use cause this is getting a bit confusing - myself & Southsider were talking about the Crosshaven - Casement game. I see from you details you are Avondale, while you are entitled to your opinion, to come in with an abusive message was uncalled for. The size of a pitch is determined by FIFA - there is minimum & maximum sizes. If you play in bandon you need binoculars to see the opposite end but obviously the pitch in question is at the other end of the scale. If it is within regulation size I don't see a problem. Not samiliar with the size of the 2nd pitch but the top pitch in Crosshaven looks good.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    now tell me this do you or any of the lads on here class MSL 2nd division as senior or the 1st division for that fact?For me only the premier teams can be classed as senior teams,simple as that!
    I totally disagree with that comment - do you mean to tell me that you don't regard the likes of Carrigaline who just a couple of years ago were playing the FAI Senior Cup v Monaghan as a Senior side or Corinthians or Castleview (champions a few years back) etc etc. Thats ridiculous, you really are blinkered. All of the above teams have been there done that, just because they had one or two bad years doesn't mean they are not senior sides. All these clubs have the best of facilities, good structures and will come good again. Its not so long back that Avondale were nearly relegated or do not remeber that?? It is obviously the goal of every team to get into the Premier but I think you are looking for an elitest league, what the MSL need is teams like Carrigaline, Fermoy, Youghal, Douglas Hall up there challenging Rockmount & Avondale. When Castleview won the League a few years back it was a breath of fresh air for the League.
    Last edited by ballsac7; 16/10/2009 at 9:42 AM. Reason: grammar

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

pitches

Just for clarification which quote did you mean to use cause this is getting a bit confusing - myself & Southsider were talking about the Crosshaven - Casement game. I see from you details you are Avondale, while you are entitled to your opinion, to come in with an abusive message was uncalled for. The size of a pitch is determined by FIFA - there is minimum & maximum sizes. If you play in bandon you need binoculars to see the opposite end but obviously the pitch in question is at the other end of the scale. If it is within regulation size I don't see a problem. Not samiliar with the size of the 2nd pitch but the top pitch in Crosshaven looks good.
    Agree, Both pitches in crosshaven are regulation size so that's no problem.Any manager worth his salt will use any means to try and overcome the opposision, like using a smaller pitch or wider pitch to throw them off their stride.Some teams do better on a wide pitch so playing on a narrow one may upset their play. Alternative use of two pitches also ensures that most games will go ahead especially in the winter (Good club management). All teams mentioned deserve their SENIOR status as their grounds and pitches are excellant and their contribution to the league over the years has been outstanding.