Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    heard a rumour that jammer and pa coakley are signing for ringmahon in this transfer window???????
    Remind me........he's the keeper isn't he? Now that Slatts is back I assume he's surplus to requirements?
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    no pa coakley is the striker avondale signed from passage!!!
    i assume your on about power from rockmount...i think????
    Oh Pa Coakley.....great player played on the same side as him a few times never realised he was at Avondale. He's only 19 or 20 so sitting on the bench would obviously frustrate him.

Yeah Power the big tall fella, he played in the final last week I think.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Oh Pa Coakley.....great player played on the same side as him a few times never realised he was at Avondale.

Played with him??????????????
    "Failure to Prepare. Prepare to Fail"

Roy Keane

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
    Played with him??????????????
    Thats right. I WAS quite the talented footballer so I got to play OUTSIDE of Cobh.
    Last edited by rambler14; 02/12/2008 at 4:47 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh thats right your VERY good!!!
    "Failure to Prepare. Prepare to Fail"

Roy Keane

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
    Oh thats right your VERY good!!!
    Well at least thats what my Mam says to me!
    Last edited by rambler14; 02/12/2008 at 4:48 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    ya i heard jammer signed for ringmahon i also heard his going to oz for a year in feb don't know how ture this is if it is ture surely he'll only play 5,6, or 7 games steph hurley has signed back with mayfield

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    ya i heard jammer signed for ringmahon i also heard his going to oz for a year in feb don't know how ture this is if it is ture surely he'll only play 5,6, or 7 games steph hurley has signed back with mayfield

steph has really being yo yo-ing between those 2 clubs this season!!!!
    good signing for ye though!
    haven't heard anything about jammer so can't comment, any other moves being spoken about the place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard Steph signed back for Mayfield and Jammer back to ringmahon.

Any truth in the rumours that Alan O'Connor is back training with rockmount?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Wanderers lost 6-1 to Hall................skillz val!
    Last edited by rambler14; 07/12/2008 at 2:34 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    pa coakley has signed for corinthians

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    any results from Intermediate cup from weekend

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by code red View Post
    any results from Intermediate cup from weekend
    See the Intermediate Cup Thread here.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

CIT are not worthy of 'Senior' status

I was looking at the MSL tables this morning and I see that CIT are bottom of the senior 2nd div with no points and 2 goals after 7 games. This record is only beaten by their junior team who have lost all of their 8 opening games.

How the MSL in their wisdom chose to give senior status to this, lets call a spade a spade, RUBBISH, I do not know.

Longer standing AUL clubs in Cork such as Leeside, Kinsale and Coachford have had their applications turned down year after year and would beat CIT by a criket score (as most teams do anyway). Lets face it CIT are not even good enough to play in the top AUL divisions.

The lowering of playing standards in the MSL for the sake of keeping up appearances does the league no favours.

Senior teams should be better than junior teams - if they're not ... they should be replaced. Simple!

Any comments on this taboo subject?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    I was looking at the MSL tables this morning and I see that CIT are bottom of the senior 2nd div with no points and 2 goals after 7 games. This record is only beaten by their junior team who have lost all of their 8 opening games.

How the MSL in their wisdom chose to give senior status to this, lets call a spade a spade, RUBBISH, I do not know.

Longer standing AUL clubs in Cork such as Leeside, Kinsale and Coachford have had their applications turned down year after year and would beat CIT by a criket score (as most teams do anyway). Lets face it CIT are not even good enough to play in the top AUL divisions.

The lowering of playing standards in the MSL for the sake of keeping up appearances does the league no favours.

Senior teams should be better than junior teams - if they're not ... they should be replaced. Simple!

Any comments on this taboo subject?
    Ya CIT as well as UCC don't know what team they have from one year to the next with new students starting and others dropping out or leaving which means that some years they can be quiet strong other years like this one pure crap. I know their Junior side have taken some savage beatings. We constantly see their scoreline on the paper as a 6-0 defeat but I know they have suffered some way heavier scorelines. As regards Kinsale etc I think there is deal brokered between the AUL and MSL in relation to this - no club can switch between the two leagues for a few seasons at least.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Foot.ie! Still Ranting On...

Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    Ya CIT as well as UCC don't know what team they have from one year to the next with new students starting and others dropping out or leaving which means that some years they can be quiet strong other years like this one pure crap. I know their Junior side have taken some savage beatings. We constantly see their scoreline on the paper as a 6-0 defeat but I know they have suffered some way heavier scorelines. As regards Kinsale etc I think there is deal brokered between the AUL and MSL in relation to this - no club can switch between the two leagues for a few seasons at least.
    There's a big difference between UCC and CIT as football clubs. UCC have been holding their own in the MSL Premier Division for a long time now and have won a few MSL trophies over the years. CIT were introduced into the MSL 2 years ago with no football pedigree and are now paying the price as is the league in general. This is because even though their facilities are very good they can't attract 'senior standard' players.

The decision to bring CIT in ahead of the top AUL teams is a joke. The 3 most recent additions from the AUL Blarney, Passage and Lakewood all won their MSL divisions (not prem tho) in their 1st year senior and have been a great ddition to the MSL (especially Blarney!). As none of these teams had won the AUL Prem in the year before their 'promotion' to senior ranks it goes to show that there is a lot of quality in the AUL.

As for the deal brokered in a smokey room somewhere between the MSL and AUL to keep strong footballing clubs and good players out of the MSL... why??? what purpose does this serve???

In my opinion there should be 1 governing body in charge of Cork soccer. Everybody would soon find their level. Good teams would win promotion and the like of CIT would be a long way from the top. And someday if CIT get their act together they could move back up the divisions. At the moment CIT can't be relegated no matter how bad they are!!!... and the top AUL clubs can't get 'promoted' no matter how good they are. This is against the fundamentals of sport and shouldn't be continued as a policy

The MSL and AUL came together to organise the youth leagues so it is possible...
    but i wouldn't bet on turkeys voting for xmas either!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Cork City Vacancy

John caulfield is rumoured to be taking over at cork city. That would be some blow for Avondale. Could see a huge exodus of players from them if Caulfield left.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    As for the deal brokered in a smokey room somewhere between the MSL and AUL to keep strong footballing clubs and good players out of the MSL... why??? what purpose does this serve???

The MSL and AUL came together to organise the youth leagues so it is possible...
    but i wouldn't bet on turkeys voting for xmas either!!!
    This deal between the MSL and AUL is common knowledge and openly admitted by both Leagues, all clubs delegates have been informed of this deal. It certainly wasn't brokered in a smokey room as you put it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why such a deal was done, firstly the AUL have a long and outstanding history of promoting football in Cork and want to keep their best teams playing in the AUL, secondly the MSL insist that clubs have the right facilities before being left into the league. I know that some AUL clubs now have excellent pitches etc but others who have applied for membership of the MSL don't have great facilities. The days of changing at the side of the road are long gone. Thirdly the MSL are trying to keep their divisions to a certain number of teams per division to avoid fixture backlogs. Come on get with it, this is all common knowledge
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    This deal between the MSL and AUL is common knowledge and openly admitted by both Leagues, all clubs delegates have been informed of this deal. It certainly wasn't brokered in a smokey room as you put it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why such a deal was done, firstly the AUL have a long and outstanding history of promoting football in Cork and want to keep their best teams playing in the AUL, secondly the MSL insist that clubs have the right facilities before being left into the league. I know that some AUL clubs now have excellent pitches etc but others who have applied for membership of the MSL don't have great facilities. The days of changing at the side of the road are long gone. Thirdly the MSL are trying to keep their divisions to a certain number of teams per division to avoid fixture backlogs. Come on get with it, this is all common knowledge
    The smoke filled room probably was a bit dramatic all right
    The deal is common knowledge but that doesn't make it right. The AUL want to keep their best teams, but what if the best teams no longer want to stay with the AUL, was this taken into consideration? The 5 year ban on teams moving is anti-competitive. Its easier to get out of a marriage than the AUL, HAHA!

The MSL insist that clubs applying have the right facilities. But what are the exact criteria - Leeside and Coachford have dressing rooms and showers that are better than a lot of MSL clubs (Glasheen, Castleview, Temple, Mallow, Passage come to mind). I hope you didn't think that I was suggesting we allow teams with no dressing rooms to enter.

Keeping the divisions to a certain number is important but the MSL Senior 2nd Div has only 9 teams (Prem and 1st Divs have 10) so there is an opening there for expansion. Also, 2nd div teams don't get long runs in the Intermediate and Munster Senior Cups so there is room to play more league games in this division.

Also, my original point was that the standard of some 2nd div teams is very poor (CIT in particular) and these teams should be made to fight for their places in the MSL. They should not be able to retain their places by just getting 11 bodies on the pitch at the weekend when there are better clubs and players who deserve a shot.

I understand your points ballsac, but the issue seems to be more to do with committees, delegates and administration rather than what it should be - football standards.

The AUL are afraid to lose their better teams to the MSL. But this has always been the case. Most of the MSL Prem teams were once AUL teams including Rockmount, Avondale and St. Marys. Am I wrong?
    Good banter tho' ballsac

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In fairness though the people running CIT should have a good look at their two teams and be willing to put them in a lower division if necessary, nobody wants to get hammered every week. Granted Gratton, Kinsale, Leeside should be playing in the MSL as they are consistently good enough but there has to be a line drawn somewhere otherwise every team who fancy's a crack off the MSL will be applying for membership which would not only be a an administrative nightmare but also could sour the good working relationship that the MSL/AUL currently enjoy.