LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    Ucc 0-1 avondale

good shout billy but this really should have seen more goals!
    1st half avondale dominated should have been three or four nil up going to the break, mark o sullivan got a lovely goal.
    2nd half totally different story though, ucc had numerous chances to get back into game but as the half grew on, the misses got worse and worse.
    Ucc prob deserved a draw but avondale grinded out another good result in the end.
    Ya I heard Avondale should have been 2 or 3 up at half time and then just never turned up for the second half. Ucc missed a load of sitters apparently

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Heard UCC should have beaten the dale alright.Blarney should have hammered Cobh.They had at least 6 good early chances and 3 or 4 after the break.Cobh never really went to win by playing nearly 6 at the back and man marking in some place.Well organised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wanderers were missing 5 first team players as well so by all accounts it was a great result for the wans, give credit to cobh as ye all seem to have written them off as no hopers
    Bake em away Toys

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Avondale 1 Ballincollg 3

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Avondale 1 Ballincollg 3
    Let me be the first to..............
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Donie Forde Cup Final

Rockmount 2-1 St Mary's (AET)

This final was billed as a cracker and it lived up to expectation in full. In horrible horrible conditions both sides played their part in a classic game that Mount won in Extra time thanks to a Ken Hoey special. The move for the winning goal was worthy of winning any final and was possible just about deserved in the end. Penos is no way to finish a final. At that stage most of the Mary's players wouldn't have been able to take their spotters anyway due to cramp. About six times play had to be stopped for their players to get attention, it just showed the amount of effort thier players had put into tonight and hat's off to them they ran themselves into the ground to a man.

Rockmount took the lead after two minutes when a cracking Willie Byrne corner was headed home by the Duracell like Aidan O Mahony. The lad went on to cover an incredible amount of ground for the next 120 mins. The game became a midfield battle from then til half time with Rockmount slightly shading things. Mary's dominated the second half with the assistance of the hurricane winds and made it count with about 25 mins left. Mark Power was by far the busiest of the keepers in this half, Dave the save in the other end was hardly troubled til 10 mins from time.

Rockmount reponded well and Buttsy had a great chance after coming on when he sped passed the defenders down the left and just fired over the top. Extra time was dominated by Rockmount and although the spotters were looming they lifted the energy again to score the winner. Ross o Callaghan beautifully glanced a header to Gearoid down the left and his smashing cross cleared the incoming Aidan O Mahony and was controlled at the back post by the imperious Hoey. He buried what proved to be the winner and another cup went back to the Whitechurch outfit's cabinet.

My toes are now back with me. Very enjoyable night.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Mark Power was by far the busiest of the keepers in this half, Dave the save in the other end was hardly troubled til 10 mins from time.
    Ha Ha I remember him! Can't believe he got his place ahead of Stuart Coakley.

Who scored for Mary's anyway???
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post

Who scored for Mary's anyway???
    Number 9 I think

No idea sorry.

Dave is a decent keeper, Dale should never have got rid in my book. Don't think he's first choice there, but not sure. Not LOI standard, but solid all the same at this level.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Donie Forde Cup Final

Rockmount 2-1 St Mary's (AET)

This final was billed as a cracker and it lived up to expectation in full. In horrible horrible conditions both sides played their part in a classic game that Mount won in Extra time thanks to a Ken Hoey special. The move for the winning goal was worthy of winning any final and was possible just about deserved in the end. Penos is no way to finish a final. At that stage most of the Mary's players wouldn't have been able to take their spotters anyway due to cramp. About six times play had to be stopped for their players to get attention, it just showed the amount of effort thier players had put into tonight and hat's off to them they ran themselves into the ground to a man.

Rockmount took the lead after two minutes when a cracking Willie Byrne corner was headed home by the Duracell like Aidan O Mahony. The lad went on to cover an incredible amount of ground for the next 120 mins. The game became a midfield battle from then til half time with Rockmount slightly shading things. Mary's dominated the second half with the assistance of the hurricane winds and made it count with about 25 mins left. Mark Power was by far the busiest of the keepers in this half, Dave the save in the other end was hardly troubled til 10 mins from time.

Rockmount reponded well and Buttsy had a great chance after coming on when he sped passed the defenders down the left and just fired over the top. Extra time was dominated by Rockmount and although the spotters were looming they lifted the energy again to score the winner. Ross o Callaghan beautifully glanced a header to Gearoid down the left and his smashing cross cleared the incoming Aidan O Mahony and was controlled at the back post by the imperious Hoey. He buried what proved to be the winner and another cup went back to the Whitechurch outfit's cabinet.

My toes are now back with me. Very enjoyable night.
    For the very first time on this forum Cliffy I'd have to agree, I've been attending games at the Cross for over 25 years and last night is up there with the coldest & wettest i've ever seen.
    Arrived 5 minutes late and didn't know Mount has scored til one of the Mount faithful behind me shouted "Come on Mount Number 2". First half was even enough despite Mount having the gale behind them, Marys dominated the 2nd half and deservedly equalised but once it went into ET they struggled badly with cramp and the superior fitness told in the end.

Given the shambles that is the Ramblers goalkeeping situation, I wouldn't be laughing.
    Last edited by razor; 24/11/2008 at 7:55 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    all i know is carrigaline beat passage 4-1
    No great achievement there!

And it's a poor look out for your side if they need to rely on some of those U/17s to field a senior team.

Leave the young fellas alone until they're good and ready!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    jeez have i hit a raw nerve or sumthing!!!

not sayin it was a great achievement..prob shud have won by about 4 more!!!!passage are a depleted team, most teams should expect a win against them!!

those 17's are quality players, they are very ready to play at this level, they have proven that in all the matches they have played so far for carrigaline!!!!

No raw nerve at all.

Just saying that, if you have quality at U/17 then what's the rush to throw them into senior?

I know that team quite well - and they are not ready yet to play at that level.

Mind you -when they are ready it'll be a case of "get out of the way quick"!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

MSL 1st Divison

Leeds 2 Ringmahon 1. Ringmahon missed penalty

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Leeds 2 Ringmahon 1. Ringmahon missed penalty

was at this game also, my god it was cold. leeds just about shaded it for me, wasn't fully convinced it was a peno but was missed so didn't matter i suppose, ringmahon have improved 10 fold since the last time i saw them in fairness. still the same line though (dodgy )

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Did not think it was a peno either.Leeds deserved it. Ringmahon never threatened. Got a lucky goal.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Keane Cup Semi

Blarney Utd. 2 Douglas Hall 0.
    Goals scored after 3 minutes and with about 5 to go. Blarney took their chances. End of!!
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Blarney Utd. 2 Douglas Hall 0.
    Goals scored after 3 minutes and with about 5 to go. Blarney took their chances. End of!!
    Marys beat Mallow 3-0 in the other semi.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Says 4-0 on the website!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Says 4-0 on the website!
    Apologies, I arrived with about 5 minutes to go and was told 3-0 but in fact it finished 4-0

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    fair play to blarney though, hope they can beat mary's in the final
    Final is on next Friday week December 12th.