Page 51 of 590 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    16/17 players I reckon, no more or less than any other team, but some high quality players who are sitting on the bench every now and again. Add in that you'll always have one or two away or working on a given weekend your chances will always come if you can afford to be patient.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    ya rockmount have very good players on the bench i was out at there intermediate cup game against blueblue (coldest day ever even 4 rockmount park) and on the bench that day was jammer the 2 deasy's,steph,yelley and phillp c and darren doyle was not even a sub how's billy going 2 keep all them happy

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    As I said above there is rarely a week when you have all of them fit/not working/not on a stag or hen night (in Ken Hoey's case) etc etc..that was the first day everyone was available. Decent bench indeed!
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    As I said above there is rarely a week when you have all of them fit/not working/not on a stag or hen night (in Ken Hoey's case) etc etc..that was the first day everyone was available. Decent bench indeed!
    ha ha on the hen night, ya it's true that there's not a weekend goes by when there's not one player missing, but thats still a very strong bench with very good players, i hope they don't have the ego's to match though as they won't stay around for long!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The only difference is that rockmount have players on the bench who would walk in to any other msl prem team,so to have a few out injured or working never seriously damages them like the rest of the teams in the division,most are probably just scrapping a team and a couple of subs come january.
    Bake em away Toys

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hello all.New member on board. Any contenders to challenge rockmounts thrown this year. Dahall eventually get a good start to a season. Will they keep it up? Dale off to a stinker, are they out of it? Any other contenders in the new boys passage/cobh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bon2007 View Post
    Hello all.New member on board. Any contenders to challenge rockmounts thrown this year. Dahall eventually get a good start to a season. Will they keep it up? Dale off to a stinker, are they out of it? Any other contenders in the new boys passage/cobh?
    D.Hall look the most likely contenders and if i was a betting man i'd throw a couple of pound on them now,as for the new kids on the block they're priority would be to stay up this year and try and challenge in the next couple of seasons
    Bake em away Toys

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I certainly fancy Douglas hall to win either the league or Intermediate. They look quite solid this year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Hall's win away to Dale makes them serious contenders - they have been flirting around both competitions over the last three years without making a real run at either one. Remains to be seen if they will produce this year. Mark O Sullivan going back to Avondale was a big loss, don't know who is playing well for them at the moment or getting their goals, anyone know?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They have been doing very well beating the likes of cobh and narrowly losing out to limrick in the FAI senior cup so if they can compete against them why not in the league? Hinting that my team is dahall and been a previous player I wouldn't be surprised if a major trophy will be on their way soon. Gerard o Donavan and Decky o Connell seem to be the players banging them in but plenty goals coming from other areas of the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We have played against both rockmount and D.hall this season and out of the two i was more impressed with how hall played but that said i wouldnt write off rockmount at any time in any competition
    Bake em away Toys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gee wizz View Post
    We have played against both rockmount and D.hall this season and out of the two i was more impressed with how hall played but that said i wouldnt write off rockmount at any time in any competition
    rockmount nearly always get the result though, no matter how u think they play! they have been there and done it! it would be good for the league though if there was a few more teams to challange them! played against d hall this year and was impressed alright with them and they will be there or there abouts but not sure will they win the league this year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda01 View Post
    rockmount nearly always get the result though, no matter how u think they play! they have been there and done it! it would be good for the league though if there was a few more teams to challange them! played against d hall this year and was impressed alright with them and they will be there or there abouts but not sure will they win the league this year!
    Would be great to have 3 or 4 teams going for the league come the middle of march,maybe in the next couple of seasons
    Bake em away Toys

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

happy christmas lads, have a good one
    p.s. no games for 2 weeks, god help us!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Seasons greetings to all. Agree with most of the above, a close race would be good for the league, but obviously then Mount to win it on the last day of the season would be nice.....after collecting the Intermediate cup the week before!! One can dream, it is Chrimbo after all....have a good one everybody.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Many Happy Returns, good to see some more posters in here.
    2 MSL nominations for FAI Amatuer Player of the Year
    Declan O'Connell from the Hall and Brendan O'Connell from Avondale
    ( wrong Dale keeper surely )
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Should be the ex Dale keeper, Dave the Save rather than the others.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    happy xmas 2 ye all

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount 4-0 Passage

After a long break for Christmas the Champions got the new year off to a flyer this morning. Jammer, Robbie Deasy and a Michael Deasy brace were the goalscorers. Mount comfortable all game long, even could afford to miss two spotters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rockmount 4-0 Passage

After a long break for Christmas the Champions got the new year off to a flyer this morning. Jammer, Robbie Deasy and a Michael Deasy brace were the goalscorers. Mount comfortable all game long, even could afford to miss two spotters.
    good start to the new year for the title favorites any idea on other results or were the other games called off,passage seem to be slipping at the mo
    Bake em away Toys