Results 9,581 to 9,600 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    I see chubbs has been picked for the irish amateur side with avondale said to be the club he is representing,i wonder will he be overlooked once they realise he is a cobh wanderers player and playing in a shocking league?
    Get real. He'll still be playing in the cup competitions with good players around him. With Avondale it's not like every member of their squad plays all 18 league games.
    Eventually the powers that be in Dublin opened their eyes to the quality players in Cork. Great to see do many get a call including the usual 2 from Mount. Well done to all. Great achievement. El Niño Coro relax with the slurry comments

2. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Hes right to a point cobh will play 18 and win 18 and probably have a goal difference of 100+. Complete uncompetitive season awaits them league wise.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It will be like playing with Avondale so playing 18 and winning 18 scoring 100 plus and winning every cup except he will be doing it with his own town.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
    Get real. He'll still be playing in the cup competitions with good players around him. With Avondale it's not like every member of their squad plays all 18 league games.
    Eventually the powers that be in Dublin opened their eyes to the quality players in Cork. Great to see do many get a call including the usual 2 from Mount. Well done to all. Great achievement. El Niño Coro relax with the slurry comments
    Don't be surprised if this is a once off with the Avondale lads being in the squad. It's an experimental squad and being used just to keep the cork protesters quiet. Apparently he refuses to consider Avondale after the phone call they made taking the **** out of the Irish manager.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Chilli View Post
    Don't be surprised if this is a once off with the Avondale lads being in the squad. It's an experimental squad and being used just to keep the cork protesters quiet. Apparently he refuses to consider Avondale after the phone call they made taking the **** out of the Irish manager.
    The only one taking the **** here was Gerry Smyth...for years he has completely ignored Cork amateur players and still does unless you play for Rockmount or more recently Avondale. He'll say the quality isn't there..this is the same fella who felt Marky Sull wasn't up to it (before his first City stint). He's like a Civil servant...job for life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old-head View Post
    The only one taking the **** here was Gerry Smyth...for years he has completely ignored Cork amateur players and still does unless you play for Rockmount or more recently Avondale. He'll say the quality isn't there..this is the same fella who felt Marky Sull wasn't up to it (before his first City stint). He's like a Civil servant...job for life.
    great post oldhead and if cork lads do try out the squad alreddy picked its just to keep the leagues quiet.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old-head View Post
    I wasn't defending him. I 100% agree with you

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Jamie Rice making a return to play a friendly with Casement today I hear. One of the best strikers to grace Cork Schoolboys League years ago if he still has it will be a fantastic signing.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Chilli View Post
    I wasn't defending him. I 100% agree with you
    Sorry, that fella just does my head in!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R75215 View Post
    Jamie Rice making a return to play a friendly with Casement today I hear. One of the best strikers to grace Cork Schoolboys League years ago if he still has it will be a fantastic signing.
    Ahh stop the lights will ya. Wake up and smell the roses. What's what anyone achieves in schoolboys relivant to playing senior football? One of the best strikers to grace schoolboys? 😱 I bet the whole of msl are quaking in there boots now with casements marquee signing "if he still has it" . Could name a dozen players better under age and achieve zilch as soon as there out of schoolboys.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckdu View Post
    Ahh stop the lights will ya. Wake up and smell the roses. What's what anyone achieves in schoolboys relivant to playing senior football? One of the best strikers to grace schoolboys? 😱 I bet the whole of msl are quaking in there boots now with casements marquee signing "if he still has it" . Could name a dozen players better under age and achieve zilch as soon as there out of schoolboys.
    Haha relax kid. I could name quite a few aswell which is why it's great to see a fella who won 5 out 6 premier titles under age come back and play. I know he could do nothin at this level, but good to see him back.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Cobh Wanderers beat Springfield 6-0 last night. Dub with a hatrick and Chubbs got two as well. Looked very impressive. Springers weren't bad themselves in the first half, lot of late goals changed the game. Good times for Cobh football ahead I feel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhlad View Post
    Cobh Wanderers beat Springfield 6-0 last night. Dub with a hatrick and Chubbs got two as well. Looked very impressive. Springers weren't bad themselves in the first half, lot of late goals changed the game. Good times for Cobh football ahead I feel
    Nobody cares

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Popped in to Casement park today, Casement won handy 3-0. Totally dominated the first half with possession football.2-0 half time. Very good to watch, numerous changes at half time upset their rythmn but still saw out the game comfortably. Big squad with good players . The lad Rice came on at half time and looked lively enough. Casement will be well up there this season. imo.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhlad View Post
    😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴 springfield? Was homer and duffman playing? Heard marge had à stinker in goal and the two fulbacks twins i think?not Raphaël and fabio, oh ya patty and selma were not bad though. Cobh revolution i give it half way through 1st division before it goes belly up.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    Popped in to Casement park today, Casement won handy 3-0. Totally dominated the first half with possession football.2-0 half time. Very good to watch, numerous changes at half time upset their rythmn but still saw out the game comfortably. Big squad with good players . The lad Rice came on at half time and looked lively enough. Casement will be well up there this season. imo.
    who were they palying ??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Glenthorn Celtic

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeanosarebac View Post
    Glenthorn Celtic
    What division are they in? No offence to you beano but I Find it funny when people are making league opinions based on pre season friendlies on the 1st few days in August. You'd think the manager if Cobh thinks they'll stroll the intermediate cup the way his posts are goin here! 😄

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fifa View Post
    Jason forde cork city to ringmahon
    Where's that lad play?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Nobody cares
    True that. Saw the sign in Cobh today, local club, local players...and a ramblers sign next to it promoting their game v Waterford (I think). Kinda looks like a dig at ramblers to be honest, but could be wrong.
    Any hassle between ramblers & wanderers?