Thread: Munster Senior League

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    http://www.punditarena.com/football/...d-controversy/

There may be trouble ahead......If ucc win an appeal that last game that ended 4-1 would surely be discounted as Dale had been crowned champs already and had switched off. Article makes it sound like UCC hammered Dale in a match that mattered.
    Dale played a number of junior players as Danny & Fitzy were still suspended and have a few injuries.

John Caulfield's side?
    thought he left after Collingwood?
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Dale played a number of junior players as Danny & Fitzy were still suspended and have a few injuries.

John Caulfield's side?
    thought he left after Collingwood?
    Ucc threw away valuable points against the so call "weaker" teams in the leagues where avondale would get the 1-0 and get the 3 points ... Sign of champions and worthy champs they are!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    http://www.punditarena.com/football/...d-controversy/

There may be trouble ahead......If ucc win an appeal that last game that ended 4-1 would surely be discounted as Dale had been crowned champs already and had switched off. Article makes it sound like UCC hammered Dale in a match that mattered.
    great point clifford..this is gone beyond ridiculas to be fair. why didnt ucc appeal this when they were still in contention ie before the mount game? looks to me like a pack of sore losers to be honest. would ya really want a league in this fashion? dale have been given the league celebrated and now on about taking it back? MSL really need to clarify. last i heard was UCC (UNIVERSITY CRECHE of CORK) got told by MSL that if they complain once more they were been fined to late for all appeals apaarently.. looks like they havent listened and have gone behind MSL backs. this should be very interesting how things play out?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borntoscore View Post
    Ucc threw away valuable points against the so call "weaker" teams in the leagues where avondale would get the 1-0 and get the 3 points ... Sign of champions and worthy champs they are!!!

very true! how often have dale dug out 1 nil wins while ucc bottled it? Remember the table never lies and after 18 tough games avondale came out top again. Worthy winners well done lads. some achievments by all.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Typical Ucc. League is over, Avondale are champions, get over it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Sounds pretty sneaky to me, why not put the appeal in before the last game and let everyone know, Avondale would of turned up then and spanked them. UCC were always an entitled bunch

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    In my opinion ucc have totally destroyed there good name. I think there would be no problem if they put in the appeal when Everton were awarded the points but to put it in now after bottling it is beyond a disgrace. The league should throw the book at them for there dirty tactics.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckdu View Post
    very true! how often have dale dug out 1 nil wins while ucc bottled it? Remember the table never lies and after 18 tough games avondale came out top again. Worthy winners well done lads. some achievments by all.
    All about getting the 3 points. No doubting UCC are a good side but to lower themselves to this is hilarious .hope he's not speeking on behalf of the whole club and just voicing his own opinion because a lot of good people involved with them and be a shame if the person being named dragged there name through the dirt !!!! Would love to here this interiew any links to it???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borntoscore View Post
    All about getting the 3 points. No doubting UCC are a good side but to lower themselves to this is hilarious .hope he's not speeking on behalf of the whole club and just voicing his own opinion because a lot of good people involved with them and be a shame if the person being named dragged there name through the dirt !!!! Would love to here this interiew any links to it???
    Billy Barry is petty and narrow minded. Always has been

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    It's a pity when I hear Leeds blaming the MSL for getting relegated and now UCC blaming them for not winning the league. the clubs take no responsibility...Leeds picked up 2 pts from 9 in their last 3 games. UCC needed to win their last two games and didn't...the big mistake the MSL made was giving Everton the 3 pts, how did Everton know to object which I presume they did to get the 3 pts. The league title was decided over 18 games and that should be it....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old-head View Post
    It's a pity when I hear Leeds blaming the MSL for getting relegated and now UCC blaming them for not winning the league. the clubs take no responsibility...Leeds picked up 2 pts from 9 in their last 3 games. UCC needed to win their last two games and didn't...the big mistake the MSL made was giving Everton the 3 pts, how did Everton know to object which I presume they did to get the 3 pts. The league title was decided over 18 games and that should be it....
    Don't make false assumptions about Everton like Billy Barry. Everton didn't ask for 3 points and Everton, more importantly, didn't lodge any objection against Leeds. Everton won matches when they had to unlike, as you stated, Leeds or UCC.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Have I missed what illegal player Leeds used? I find it hard to believe rules were broken against one team only,have the league explained what went wrong or are we just left here in limbo as per usual?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Have I missed what illegal player Leeds used? I find it hard to believe rules were broken against one team only,have the league explained what went wrong or are we just left here in limbo as per usual?
    Big balls billy Barry with his big microphone,to be honest from what I heard I's it's all spearing through this rogue,he thinks because he's on the radio he's untouchable,a disgrace the way they behave,Avondale win with honour and this petty ucc brand of behaviour arrived,an absolute joke.to be honest ucc have seperate rules,allowed start a league late and nearly finish early,and this is what they produce,msl should take all these silly perks away !league better off wit out them if ya ask me.its a real shame such a intelligent institution lowers themselves to this carry on.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Big balls billy Barry with his big microphone,to be honest from what I heard I's it's all spearing through this rogue,he thinks because he's on the radio he's untouchable,a disgrace the way they behave,Avondale win with honour and this petty ucc brand of behaviour arrived,an absolute joke.to be honest ucc have seperate rules,allowed start a league late and nearly finish early,and this is what they produce,msl should take all these silly perks away !league better off wit out them if ya ask me.its a real shame such a intelligent institution lowers themselves to this carry on.
    very true start the league a month late and try finish up asap cause caulfield is gone..msl have bent over backwards for them in fairness and in the end they are just not good enough.. baby tantrums now.. next season they should be told play when everyone else is starting and not a month in. billy barry to be dragging evertons name into this is a disgrace. hes worse then ucc for giving this airtime and papertime and taking away from the fact that everton survived fairly and actually finished 4th great achievment in my eyes and also the fact that the best team in amature football (my opinion) won fair and square.. grow up and take a loss on the chin and come back next year and try harder the bar has been set, now rise to the challenge and stop throwing the dummies out of the pram.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    After reading the report on the echo I must say UCC have a fair point!! The player in question played against them when they drew and against Everton when Everton lost yet Everton get 3 points and UCC get 1?? Now someone explain that to me please!! Besides that Avondale deserved to win the league and not evertons fault either they got awarded them. This is all down to the msl simple as!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Danny Long voted MSL player of the year. Well deserved he's a savage player.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I think you are missing the point 3rdeye, if UCC lodged the appeal before their game with Avondale fair enough, but waiting till Avondale have no games left and when they played UCC they were resting players for this weeks fai cup game seems extremely premaditated to me and underhanded. Surely if there was an appeal in process do you think Avondale would of been beaten 4-1?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Some ridiculous comments being posted on this thread, anyone in UCC's position would appeal for those three points, the MSL should have sorted this mess out a long time ago.. If Everton got awarded 3 points than other teams should be entitled to the points as well (provided the illegal player played in the game), timing on the appeal is not ideal but when there's only 1 point in the difference ucc have nothing to lose by appealing.. Perhaps the MSL believed that Avondale would have won the league by a bigger margin

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    Danny Long voted MSL player of the year. Well deserved he's a savage player.
    Great player, well deserved

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    I think you are missing the point 3rdeye, if UCC lodged the appeal before their game with Avondale fair enough, but waiting till Avondale have no games left and when they played UCC they were resting players for this weeks fai cup game seems extremely premaditated to me and underhanded. Surely if there was an appeal in process do you think Avondale would of been beaten 4-1?
    like I said Avondale deserved the league! Sure Everton didn't appeal it either by all accounts and still recieved the points so I think it's you missing the point ! Do you think it's fair Everton get 3 for loseing and UCC get 1 for drawing?? Don't matter if they appealed weeks ago or after the game the point I made is what's the difference between Everton getting 3 and UCC getting 1 ??