Page 173 of 590 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    p.s. I hope I win my own league - THE PREDICTION LEAGUE!!! LOL.
    its gonna right down to the wire ha.this weekends fixtures are gonna catch alot out.im stil holding out on top.just about though

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Mayfield 1-2 Blarney Utd

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    Mayfield 1-2 Blarney Utd
    marys 1 ucc 0

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    marys 1 ucc 0
    Thats looks like the end of that for UCC. Only 1 game left and same points as Mayfield whom have 4 left.
    I think they have played each other twice already sop barring a major collapse for Mayfield and UCC winning their last game adios the students, disappointing for the team after winning the Collingwood cup and all. I watched them versus Blarney early this season and they looked more than capable of staying in the division but doesnt look good now.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Doesn't look at all good for UCC but its grand having 4 games in hand like mayfield do but they still have to go and win them.UCC might still get something from their last game against Douglas.Mayfield i would think still have to play a few decent teams.

On another note, as we near the end of another season, another season where the running of the senior league has to be called into question.Players waiting until Sunday/Monday before the next weekend waiting to see if & when they will be playing the follwoing weekend.This is a ridculous situation for both players and management and has been going on too long now. Sombody has got to take the figure out and sort this out.A few new faces are needed and not just lads who like to liev it up in the beamish rooms and get their picture in the paper for presenting a meaningless player of the week trophy every week.
    They need to look at the referee's situation also. The standard of ref's in the league is almost laughable. We have some ref's in charge of games where they have palyed for one of the clubs previously ( i was told a story last week of a ref being in charge of an intermediate cup final in Cork where he played for one of the teams that were in the final).Then we have some ref's who when in charge of games with certain teams and certain players who they have a grudge with and their decisions reflect that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    marys 1 ucc 0
    Gareth Cambridge pen with 20 to go. Even enough if poor enough game up to then. Both sides had chances but I thought College were the more positive. Think they might have had a few absentees last night. What will become of JC now. Wont look good on the CV.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by code red View Post
    Doesn't look at all good for UCC but its grand having 4 games in hand like mayfield do but they still have to go and win them.UCC might still get something from their last game against Douglas.Mayfield i would think still have to play a few decent teams.

On another note, as we near the end of another season, another season where the running of the senior league has to be called into question.Players waiting until Sunday/Monday before the next weekend waiting to see if & when they will be playing the follwoing weekend.This is a ridculous situation for both players and management and has been going on too long now. Sombody has got to take the figure out and sort this out.A few new faces are needed and not just lads who like to liev it up in the beamish rooms and get their picture in the paper for presenting a meaningless player of the week trophy every week.
    They need to look at the referee's situation also. The standard of ref's in the league is almost laughable. We have some ref's in charge of games where they have palyed for one of the clubs previously ( i was told a story last week of a ref being in charge of an intermediate cup final in Cork where he played for one of the teams that were in the final).Then we have some ref's who when in charge of games with certain teams and certain players who they have a grudge with and their decisions reflect that.
    Put yourself forward. Think there is more to it than presenting "meaningless " motm awards.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Put yourself forward. Think there is more to it than presenting "meaningless " motm awards.
    Dead right Glenbuck,All talk no action

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by townhall tez View Post
    Firstly I hope that young lad is up and about, I heard he got abit of a fright and no one wants to see that ever. Speaking of respect and sportsmanship which your constantly bringing up, didnt yere centreback punch a Mallow lad out on the flat of his back a few weeks ago and get away with it?? And didnt the same centreback pop up and score the winning goal in that game and then go over and celebrate in front of the mallow line?? Now you tell me whats sporting or respectful about that because I cant see that. And if can you honestly say if the shoe was on the other foot Would ringmahon have been so quick to walk off the pitch 4-2 up?? The comments you have put up have more drama in them then an episode of Greys Anatomy. End of the day once the young lad is ok thats the bottom line and for you to be calling another bunch of young lads cowards is way off the mark.
    welcome to the forum townhall tez..your straight in with allegations like that.have you any proof on this so called incident because its the first anybody has heard of it including me.regarding running over to the opposing sideline,i have seen it happen in loads of grounds around cork.heat of the moment in a game and people do all sorts of celebrations. as i said from the start the scoreline didnt matter to us.its was the lads safety that was the most impotant thing.were all trying to move on from incident now so move on

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Dead right Glenbuck,All talk no action
    Sorry Archie and Glenbuck but isn't the whole idea of a forum is that people can come and have their opinion.If someone disagree's with what is said then they are more than welcome to put down their opinion on the matter.

I take it from your response that you think the standard of ref's and running of fixtures is of good quality in the senior league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Last game of the season on Saturday so I assume the league have given College the points for the abandoned game. We're at home to Ballinhassig, Leeds home to champions College and Castleview home to Ringmahon. We need a miracle, but a Castle/College double would be nice for starters.

There is surely no hope in hell that a decision won't be forthcoming by Weds/Thurs. Im not sure Leeds or ourselves will be interested in playing our last fixture before a re-match of college and mahon would happen. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much room for a cosy arrangement to ensue depending on this weekends results. Any word on what's happening?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Last game of the season on Saturday so I assume the league have given College the points for the abandoned game. We're at home to Ballinhassig, Leeds home to champions College and Castleview home to Ringmahon. We need a miracle, but a Castle/College double would be nice for starters.

There is surely no hope in hell that a decision won't be forthcoming by Weds/Thurs. Im not sure Leeds or ourselves will be interested in playing our last fixture before a re-match of college and mahon would happen. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much room for a cosy arrangement to ensue depending on this weekends results. Any word on what's happening?
    msl big boys are having a meeting tonight to decide it.if replay is granted i reckon this weekends games would be changed but its doubtful

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    hello everyone, new to the forum. have been watching and reading the forum for along time. decided it was time to get involved in all the banter. being an msl player i shall look forward to getting involved..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    msl big boys will surely give the 3points to cors. as for second place, it shud be interesting to who will join cors in the premier

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Ah I see. Any word from it?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Id say you should dial down the paranoia there Clifford, WAYYYYYYY TO COSY?? Theres not one team in that division that would give another team an easy game!! And why would there be a replay?? Surely its a no brainer that Corinthians get the 3 points and this whole mess is finished with the right decision. The last weekend has some good games in div 1, Castleview have been a very hard side to beat all season, very impressive when ive seen them, Ringmahon will have it tough up there and Leeds Corinthians will be good to id say. It will be interesting to see who else goes up to the prem with Corinthians. On another note the Msl manager rumour mill has started up!! Anyone here anything about John Caulfield taking over at the Hall and the Corinthians manager taking over at UCC?!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by code red View Post
    Sorry Archie and Glenbuck but isn't the whole idea of a forum is that people can come and have their opinion.If someone disagree's with what is said then they are more than welcome to put down their opinion on the matter.

I take it from your response that you think the standard of ref's and running of fixtures is of good quality in the senior league.
    I think Code Red we all agree the standard of ref's in our league (as with the premiership) is appauling bar two, maybe three ref's, FIFA's rules and regulations with regard to the rules of the game has made a simple game so complicated that they confuse ref's and player's alike, go back to the old way's when ref's left the game flow and only blew when a bad tackle went in, you got verbally warned about two times before you were booked and it needed to be really bad for a sending off. The game flowed on and players, spectators and Ref's alike enjoyed it. Common sense seems to be lacking in a lot of today's ref's.
    As for the fixtures, well I can understand why there not given as early as everyone would like, If you notice at the end of last season most of the leagues went down to the wire both for relegation and promotion and this to me made the league run-in more exciting, this was due to good organising of fixture, Cup compititions is also a factor where your waiting on results on a Sunday to see what teams advance or not, this may disrupt a fixture set for the following week, so to me it's not as easy as it looks to set fixtures every week and where they'll allways be the odd hick-up i think overall a fairly good job is being done by the present fixtures secretary, and all the cork leagues as far as I know tell clubs that the fixtures on Monday nights Echo are what you go by.
    Finnally, on this forum some guy's are constantly knocking the ref's, the MSL and clubs in the league, If there so passionate about all the faults why don't they get up and do something about it, I presume most are involved with club's in the MSL so why don't they put themselves forward for election to the management committee through there clubs and solve all the problems they seem to have, Thats what I mean by "all talk no action"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Archie - All AUL fixtures are posted on their website on the thursday before the Monday night Echo.
    And even this could be improved upon.
    As for your comments on the way football was played - I disagree because the "ball players" were not protected enough in those days.
    Messi would have been killed if he played in the 70s/80s.

Big congrats to all in College Corinthians on winning the MSL 1st Division title.
    Well deserved lads!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    i take it corinthians gained the 3 points neway
    personally i would not like to have taken it that way but they must have deserved it over the course of the season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I haven't seen it confirmed yet, but if you know for sure Shilts then I add my congrats to them as well. Since Christmas they have been in outstanding form and the best team by a long way.

Now all that remains is the Mallow v Ballincollig Relegation decider and the battle for second. Come on college and castleview. Two good wins will allow us sneak it with a win.

Three teams fighting for one spot. What a climax.