This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Fermoy 1 v 1 Cobh Wanderers

Keane Cup
    Another draw for the Blues. Battered the Wanderers, but we couldn't nail a second so no one to blame but ourselves. Kaylan Kelly for Fermoy in the first half. One mistake in the sec half left them in. Fermoy missed a pen, had two nailed on pens ignored and wasted loads of chances.

Roll on the league.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    went to watch the hall and tramore game dunno if you were there ball hop but what i saw was a disgrace tramore didnt have the slightest intention of playing ball every time the hall got near the box they were just kicked and tripped and then a hall player made a challenge a yellow if it even deserved but no larry buckley shows a red card hall player sent off in 35th minute or so and all tramore could do in 90 minutes was 1 shot on target. derek varian ian cullinane and strachan came on as sub s not a bad bench to have hall dominated from start to finish , anybody know how avondale marys etc got on

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    What is happening at Avondale lads, looks like they are losing more than players. Avondale stalwart Adrian Ryan is now gone too. Having been on the commitee and supplied the gear to the club for years they gave the order to the new Manager! No surprise for him to be disgusted and walk. Ive seen clubs alienate long time loyal members before and start a slide which is hard to come back from. Lots of good players gone too, could be a tough season.
    I can see the same happening with other clubs most notably Blarney,they seem to have had a massive turnover of players in the last couple of years,cant be good for the future or spirit of a club.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny11 View Post
    anybody know how avondale marys etc got on
    Avondale 0-1 Corinthians, Dale missed a pen and Cors down to 10 men for a good bit.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    ringmahon beat lakwood tonight 8-1 in keane cup.could of been double that .were missing 5 players in all.lakewood didnt even resemble a soccer team.shocking is putting it lightly
    I saw this game too, they were poor alright. Ringmahon are shaping up nicely in fairness. I missed the game against Everton though - were they good?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Any news from Youghal v Wanderers in the Keane cup today?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I heard Tramore were a disgrace against Douglas Hall during the week, their manager telling young guys he was going to "sort them out"!!! What kind of crap is that...look forward to seeing him up in Marys park and Rockmount this year, quiet boy I bet cause he sure was a quiet boy as a player up their!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    collcorforever it wasnt just the manager who was a disgrace the just tried to kick the hall out of it and tried the same yeterday against passage passage had a man sent off after 10 minutes and tramore were destroyed for the whole game until it was abandoned due to a passage player injury all i say is tramore enjoy thr prem because ye will be going straight back down

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Ya Tramore are the talk of the place about that Hall match an utter disgrace was what one Senior League official said to me. Marky Sull is leaving Passage on a high,red card inside 10mins he's heading back to Avondale. James O Leary was the man who got injured broken leg by all accounts so there two big signings wont be much good to them this year.
    John O Rourke gone from The Dale already John Cotter has taken on the job so all last years crew will be back.
    Karl Caulfield is back with Casement so great to have him back with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    Ya Tramore are the talk of the place about that Hall match an utter disgrace was what one Senior League official said to me. Marky Sull is leaving Passage on a high,red card inside 10mins he's heading back to Avondale. James O Leary was the man who got injured broken leg by all accounts so there two big signings wont be much good to them this year.
    John O Rourke gone from The Dale already John Cotter has taken on the job so all last years crew will be back.
    Karl Caulfield is back with Casement so great to have him back with us.
    dont think marky sull can sign back due to the two club rule..avondale are in serious trouble ..serves them right

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    avondale are in serious trouble
    you can say that again, they were 2-1 up away to Temple at half time on Saturday when I left but eventually lost 3-2.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    been a while since i've been on.our lads beat rockmount 3-2 in keane cup and were the better team,well done lads .can anyone tell me when does transfer window close is it end of this month or end of september

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    been a while since i've been on.our lads beat rockmount 3-2 in keane cup and were the better team,well done lads .can anyone tell me when does transfer window close is it end of this month or end of september
    that was a great result for mayfield did rockmount have a full team out .transfer windows closes tomorrow 31 st august if i have been told correctly

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thumbs up keane cup 1/4 final draw

Game Date Home Team Away Team Kick Off Referee Ground
    2010-09-02 Casement Celtic Douglas Hall 6.30pm J. Lyne Casement Park
    2010-09-02 St Marys Carrigaline Utd 6.30pm R. Murphy St Marys Park
    2010-09-02 Mayfield Utd Everton 6.30pm T. Long Mayfield Park
    2010-09-02 Youghal Utd College Corinthians 7.30pm D. Deady Adrath Park

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    dont think marky sull can sign back due to the two club rule..avondale are in serious trouble ..serves them right
    You can play with 3 clubs,so it was Avondale Cork City and Passage. Avondale or City are the only teams he can leave Passage otherwise it would be 4 clubs and thats not allowed. Looking forward to Thursday night its been awhile since we have been in the latter stages oof the Keane Cup. We'll be well up against it but we'll give it a go and ud never know

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny11 View Post
    that was a great result for mayfield did rockmount have a full team out .transfer windows closes tomorrow 31 st august if i have been told correctly
    ya near enough full team think 1 or 2 were missing,to be honest i couldn't tell ya which is there strongest team,the guys on the bench or just as good as the starting 11,there spoil for choice up there

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rockmount had 12 players but 12 good players. Mayfield got 2 goals in the last 12 minutes. Rockmount were well in control before the equalizer. Howey very impressive for Mayfield.
    Rockmount hit the crossbar on a one on one 3/4 minutes to go.
    2 big players missing for Mayfield, Triggs & their centre back. Howey, Hughes, Gaffney, Butt, Darren O' Riordan, Aidan o 'Mahony, missing for Rockmount + a few new signing who I wouldn't know.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballer View Post
    Rockmount had 12 players but 12 good players. Mayfield got 2 goals in the last 12 minutes. Rockmount were well in control before the equalizer. Howey very impressive for Mayfield.
    Rockmount hit the crossbar on a one on one 3/4 minutes to go.
    2 big players missing for Mayfield, Triggs & their centre back. Howey, Hughes, Gaffney, Butt, Darren O' Riordan, Aidan o 'Mahony, missing for Rockmount + a few new signing who I wouldn't know.
    barry triggs and dave kiely missing for mayfield think there on holidays,howey was missing cos of red card in the last game,aidan o mahony missed 2nd half of last season and i don't think his played any games this season so who knows if his even signed with the club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Keane Cup Q-Final

Douglas Hall 1 Casement Celtic 0.
    Mark Murphy scored an early goal for the 'Hall. Hall had the better of the first half, but Casement had the upper hand in the second. They were most unlucky not to get an equaliser, one great chance slipping away. Hall held on and progress to the semi.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"