Page 11 of 590 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Brian Kerrs arse one week, Billy Cronins the next.
    As a northsider i'll be torn, best just to weigh up the opposition.
    Excuse me, Kerr was asking me for info, he tried kissin Byrne's, but the big Willie was havin none of it. Ha ha.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford
    A fresh Castleview get to play at home to a wounded Rockmount team on Sat at 2 or 2.30. I'm looking forward to this one, I imagine View are strong favourites so Mount will try and limit the damage against such adversity.

I hope for a draw....
    Fresh Castleview!! wounded Rockmount!! View STRONG favourites!! Come out of the fog kid!! With those kind of statments I know your taking the ****. The way I see it, it's a lacting games Castleview v's a Strong match fit Rockmount. All in all though it should be a cracking game, very important neither lose really.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillysBoots
    Fresh Castleview!! wounded Rockmount!! View STRONG favourites!! Come out of the fog kid!! With those kind of statments I know your taking the ****. The way I see it, it's a lacting games Castleview v's a Strong match fit Rockmount. All in all though it should be a cracking game, very important neither lose really.
    Jaysus, the concept of tongue firmly in cheek has bypassed the highest parts of Cork I see.

It will be a belting game, 9 Mount players are at the Liverpool game or so Razor says, so it will be a stroll for a fresh Castleview. Oh for a bit of wind and rain to even it up.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    It will be a belting game, 9 Mount players are at the Liverpool game or so Razor says, so it will be a stroll for a fresh Castleview. Oh for a bit of wind and rain to even it up.
    Don't forget Billy, he's gone too, the others would never have found Anfield without him.
    I thought wind and rain up on the North Ridge was a given.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    1-1 draw, Mount took the lead mid way through sec half after bossing the game for most of the day. View never gave up and scored 5 mins later. Mount had two cracking chances to win it at the end. Very enjoyable game, draw acceptable to both camps I suppose.

Right, out on the lash, get in there.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Avondale Utd 2-0 Carrigaline Utd
    A good dogged display from Carrigaline, not as easy a game as first thought.
    Dale scored early and late.
    Work night out on Friday night so never made it up to Guadalajara.
    Heard the whole place was like a building site.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Avondale Utd 2-0 Carrigaline Utd
    A good dogged display from Carrigaline, not as easy a game as first thought.
    Dale scored early and late.
    Work night out on Friday night so never made it up to Guadalajara.
    Heard the whole place was like a building site.
    Building site / War zone delete as applicable. The pitch was in good nick though. Bit heavy, but that's to be expected. Couple of bull mastifs just in case things got interesting. Billy Cronin and Patsy were a joy to behold on either sideline as usual. The passion those lads and their assistants have is amazing. I can include Johnny C in there also obviously - the time these things take out of someones life is huge so hats off to them at Chrimbo time.

I had my staff do Sat night after the match, on Sun I prob felt like you felt Sat morn. Good stuff outta Dale/Carrigaline - I'm lookin forward to playin them.
    Last edited by Clifford; 19/12/2005 at 10:16 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1-1 draw, Mount took the lead mid way through sec half after bossing the game for most of the day. View never gave up and scored 5 mins later. Mount had two cracking chances to win it at the end. Very enjoyable game, draw acceptable to both camps I suppose.

Right, out on the lash, get in there.
    Good game all round, fair result in the end, as I felt it could have gone either way. The Referee was shocking as far as Castleview was concerned, I know I'm bias but he gave every 50-50 decsion to rockmount. And how he gave a free kick for their goal I'll never figure out. Anyway no damage done and a very enjoyable game. Avondale will be the happier of the three!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Good game all round, fair result in the end, as I felt it could have gone either way. The Referee was shocking as far as Castleview was concerned, I know I'm bias but he gave every 50-50 decsion to rockmount. And how he gave a free kick for their goal I'll never figure out. Anyway no damage done and a very enjoyable game. Avondale will be the happier of the three!!
    Every 50-50? Ha ha, glad the bias was highlighted.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Happy Christmas

Happy Chrimbo to all the MSL gang, heres to a great New Year and a Rockmount title!!

Good health and luck to all concerned. We got Corinthians on Mon and then Castleview the view the following week in cup semi's. Bring it on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount beat College 1-0 in the Munster Senior cup (semi final I think) yesterday. Missed a pen as well always comfortable.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Happy Chrimbo to all the MSL gang, heres to a great New Year and a Rockmount title!!
    Can't see Rockmount winning the League this year to be honest. This is a bold statement and it may come back to haunt me. But from what I've seen of Rockmount I think they were stronger last year.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Rockmount beat College 1-0 in the Munster Senior cup (semi final I think) yesterday. Missed a pen as well always comfortable.
    Dale also had a pretty easy time of it winning 3-0 in Blarney
    Avondale are playing the winners of Douglas Hall/Carrick United in what i think is the last 16.
    The winners of this game are then at home to City.
    Last edited by razor; 28/12/2005 at 11:53 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Avondale are playing the winners of Douglas Hall/Carrick United in what i think is the last 16.
    What are the fixtures for Saturday New Years Eve? Castleview are at home to Ringmahon.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    What are the fixtures for Saturday New Years Eve? Castleview are at home to Ringmahon.
    Avondale were to play Douglas Hall on Saturday, this has been cancelled so that the Douglas Hall/Carrick Utd MSC Cup game can go ahead on Friday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Can't see Rockmount winning the League this year to be honest. This is a bold statement and it may come back to haunt me. But from what I've seen of Rockmount I think they were stronger last year.

Happy Christmas to you to.

Mount are maybe not as strong in your eyes (I think the addition of Terry White (LOI standard) and Alan O Connor make them stronger), but this time last year Mount were about 8/10 points off the pace and with Intermediate cup commitments. It's different this year and when the games begin to pile up for Dale it might get interesting. View already have to play 2 games in hand which may well become more.

Are they (Mount and View) playing each other in the Keane cup this weekend? Semi final?
    Last edited by Clifford; 28/12/2005 at 2:19 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Your right, last 16 or so. T'was the Keane Cup I was thinking of.
    Nice one Dale, good win. Sounds comfortable.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Are they (Mount and View) playing each other in the Keane cup this weekend? Semi final?
    Think thats happening on Monday, Avondale & Corinthians are in the other semi which is also on Monday.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Happy Christmas to you to.

Mount are maybe not as strong in your eyes (I think the addition of Terry White (LOI standard) and Alan O Connor make them stronger), but this time last year Mount were about 8/10 points off the pace and with Intermediate cup commitments. It's different this year and when the games begin to pile up for Dale it might get interesting. View already have to play 2 games in hand which may well become more.

Christmas is over!! No prizes for being nice in this game, that's my opinion and if you don't like it you can.....Ah no seriously didn't mean to offend just feel they're not as strong as in years gone by. I'm not saying Castleview are a better side, that's up for debate and only time will tell. Yep, Castleview-Rockmount Monday morning at O'Sullivan park. Rockmount are favourites as The 'View have a terrible record in Cup competition!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Christmas is over!! No prizes for being nice in this game, that's my opinion and if you don't like it you can.....Ah no seriously didn't mean to offend just feel they're not as strong as in years gone by. I'm not saying Castleview are a better side, that's up for debate and only time will tell. Yep, Castleview-Rockmount Monday morning at O'Sullivan park. Rockmount are favourites as The 'View have a terrible record in Cup competition!!
    Happy New Year.

Obviously View being Champions of all the world will be favourites at home against a weak side. We'll just have to show up as usual and try to overturn the run of defeats against the mighty skip neighbours.