Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    The basis of it was the complaining of the pitch being too small for a senior pitch and they cant wait for the return game on a bigger one,now tell me this do you or any of the lads on here class MSL 2nd division as senior or the 1st division for that fact?For me only the premier teams can be classed as senior teams,simple as that!I quoted the wrong message also so this might have caused confusion

One of the most ridiculous comments i've seen in a long time.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).

For example Man City's pitch is 117yards x 77 yards - Millwall 105 x 68. Thats a big difference.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    I think the comment left by El Nino was directed at Southsider not me. I just commented that I had heard from a buddy in Douglas that Crosshaven were good value for the draw and on the balance of the first half should have won it. Last nights Echo had a report and it seemed to reflect this.
    Lads let get things straight i attacked no one on this forum. I agreed that a draw was a fair result i said that in my first post. Crosshaven were on top in the 1st half and we were on top in the 2nd half. I didnt use it as an excuse that we had players missng because i think our squad is good enough to replace 2 or 3 players. On the Echo report that was sent in by Crosshaven so it was a bit biased. He never stated the fact we should have had a penalty and the ball was inches from going in against them after they drew level when the report said the ref blew up straight after they level.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The basis of it was the complaining of the pitch being too small for a senior pitch and they cant wait for the return game on a bigger one,now tell me this do you or any of the lads on here class MSL 2nd division as senior or the 1st division for that fact?For me only the premier teams can be classed as senior teams,simple as that!I quoted the wrong message also so this might have caused confusion
    What a post. What a load of s***e. You must have a short memory when your team were down the doldrums of division 1 when there wasnt even a 2nd SENIOR division. Just because us lower placed teams have not got the Sprattys and Marky Sulls of Avondale does'nt mean where not SENIOR teams. Does that mean so that Mayfield and Ringmahon are SENIOR teams this year cause their playing Premier but if they go back down at the end of the season their not SENIOR then. el nino i think your trying to stir things up on this thread and by the looks of the replies your getting you just have............

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evertonian View Post
    Just noticed the argument now. This message is coming all the way from the us of a. There are some great clubs in the first division and i enjoy nothing more than the competition of these clubs trying to get back to the pinnacle. But when it comes to the second division i have to draw a line. Junior Premier MSL and junior premier AUL is a better standard. The sooner people realise this the better.
    From a fella who has played Premier AUL up until last season for a good few years i can honestly say that its not better than the 2nd division. The top teams in the AUL might beat the bottom 5 or 6 but they would not beat ourselves,Ballinhassig,Carrigaline and Crosshaven. As iv always said it's everyone to the their own but i'v been their and done that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    From a fella who has played Premier AUL up until last season for a good few years i can honestly say that its not better than the 2nd division. The top teams in the AUL might beat the bottom 5 or 6 but they would not beat ourselves,Ballinhassig,Carrigaline and Crosshaven. As iv always said it's everyone to the their own but i'v been their and done that.
    Have to agree with you Southsider, I go to all games AUL Premier & any MSL games and see a lot of the action, I think most of the AUL Premier sides would struggle in the MSL 2nd bar maybe Leeside/Grattan who are consistently strong. I think a lot of the MSL 2nd Division sides have realised what it takes to get promoted and have signed players to reflect this. Karl Caulfield & Jason Keegan for example at Casement would get into most Premier MSL sides. Ballinhassig look strong as well this year. As for the early argument El Nino posted a throw away comment into a civilised discussion and all of the above posts are the consequence!
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Douglas Hall 0 Avondale 1

Hughesy scored in 1st half for the dale against run of play. Hall dominated for long periods.

Dale were missing marky sull, spratty and mucky so they would be delighted to get away with all 3 points

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Have to agree with you Southsider, I go to all games AUL Premier & any MSL games and see a lot of the action, I think most of the AUL Premier sides would struggle in the MSL 2nd bar maybe Leeside/Grattan who are consistently strong. I think a lot of the MSL 2nd Division sides have realised what it takes to get promoted and have signed players to reflect this. Karl Caulfield & Jason Keegan for example at Casement would get into most Premier MSL sides. Ballinhassig look strong as well this year. As for the early argument El Nino posted a throw away comment into a civilised discussion and all of the above posts are the consequence!
    I would agree that Karl would get in any team without a doubt but your suggesting jason keegan would get in most premier MSL teams is that why he joined casement in the senior 2nd and not everton ,douglas hall ,avondale give it a break now hes a waste of a jocks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evertonian View Post
    Just noticed the argument now. This message is coming all the way from the us of a. There are some great clubs in the first division and i enjoy nothing more than the competition of these clubs trying to get back to the pinnacle. But when it comes to the second division i have to draw a line. Junior Premier MSL and junior premier AUL is a better standard. The sooner people realise this the better.
    ya i think your right maybe not the first division to certain extents but the 2nd is nothing short of laughable and anyone down there thinks there player senior are beliving there own lies

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Agree, Both pitches in crosshaven are regulation size so that's no problem.Any manager worth his salt will use any means to try and overcome the opposision, like using a smaller pitch or wider pitch to throw them off their stride.Some teams do better on a wide pitch so playing on a narrow one may upset their play. Alternative use of two pitches also ensures that most games will go ahead especially in the winter (Good club management). All teams mentioned deserve their SENIOR status as their grounds and pitches are excellant and their contribution to the league over the years has been outstanding.
    What do ya need so for senior status so a good pitch changing rooms and showers and then a load of headless chickens running around as the 11 stop the lights boy will ya

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    What do ya need so for senior status so a good pitch changing rooms and showers and then a load of headless chickens running around as the 11 stop the lights boy will ya
    There's only one headless chicken here, You woul'nt know anything about football if it hit you in the face, relegation and promotion makes the leagues exciting and the wheel goes around, I wounder if you'll be so negative when you're lot go down, and it will happen.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Agreed all round pal

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    do you play then fella?and whats your club?definately a 1st or 2nd division team il wager
    Been there, done that. Been up there, went down and fought our way back up again, thats what it's all about, ENJOYMENT. You're approprietly an apprentice, you've a lot to learn sunshine, I concur with Ballynomates.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Things were quiet till you came along el nino coro!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Just to add to my post,

I think its best that the forum just ignores him and if you foolishly reply to this guy, try and blank out the fact that he "claims" his club is avondale.

Thanks guys, and i apologise from the Club about him.
    Agreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Any result from the Mount and Everton game guys?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Any result from the Mount and Everton game guys?
    rockmount won 2-1

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    rockmount won 2-1
    I heard Ray Leahy got both for Mount.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I heard Ray Leahy got both for Mount.
    Ya, He got both,Derec Varian for Everton