Thread: LOI PD fixtures series 33 - Friday 27th October

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I heard a rumour that next year it's 4 up and 1 down
    I heard that too, after the mid season split into 2 groups of 5, the bottom 2 from each group go down. Genius!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    A 13 team Premier?
    That would at least be something that hasn't been tried before (if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB11 View Post
    What did he do?
    He was asked if he wanted to give another speech after last year, he tried to wave away the microphone, and then broke out into an awful rendition of "F*** the lilywhites", and finished it up with they're f***ing ****. Incredibly insulting stuff, I'm sure. We should lock him up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Grabbed the mic when on stage and sang “**** the lillywhites” for a bit!

Our players don’t need motivation for next week but McNulty will certainly have made them that bit hungier.

Obvs a very classless individual.
    He did not grab the mic. He was trying to hide away from the interviewer! Love how upset hes got ye all! I'm sure your players think its hilarious too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    It lasted all of about 15 seconds by the way!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I heard that too, after the mid season split into 2 groups of 5, the bottom 2 from each group go down. Genius!
    I also heard they there is a joker card. All the non relegated teams get their names put in a hat and in front of a sell out crowd in the Aviva one name gets pulled out and they get relegated as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    He did not grab the mic. He was trying to hide away from the interviewer! Love how upset hes got ye all! I'm sure your players think its hilarious too.
    Honest question what do you think of it, bit embarrassing or funny and glad he did it? It wouldn't have been that hard to resist, didn't take much persuasion. I think it probably was a joke but was a brain fart.

Each to their own but I'd be embarrassed and unimpressed if it was one of ours. Anyway roll on the 5th, hopefully he'll have no reason to be making speeches or phone calls

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    by the way i know people are saying that shane keegan is unfortunate that he has brought down two teams two years in a row but the question I would like to ask is that he had departed Wexford last season before the season ended to Galway?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Honest question what do you think of it, bit embarrassing or funny and glad he did it? It wouldn't have been that hard to resist, didn't take much persuasion. I think it probably was a joke but was a brain fart.

Each to their own but I'd be embarrassed and unimpressed if it was one of ours. Anyway roll on the 5th, hopefully he'll have no reason to be making speeches or phone calls
    Thought it was great craic, and a good callback to last year. It was a couple of sentences, and the only mention of Dundalk all night. Mark is a legend among City fans. Hes been at City his whole career, was a sub in 2005, was one of the first players to sign for us in 2010 in the first division on reduced money and has proven himself to be one of the best keepers in the league over the past few seasons. He might not be our best ever keeper, but in a team of cult players hed be first choice in goal. I'm sure the Dundalk players won't give it a second thought and if they need to use this as motivation for the Cup final then something is wrong. We've beaten your lot to the last two major trophies, I'm sure thats motivation enough. Bring on the double!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    You shouldn't worry so much about what he thinks about you!
    To be fair El Pietro, the concern is more about whether he actual has a capacity to think at all.

Thought it was great craic, and a good callback to last year.
    Each to their own I suppose - many Cork fans are understandably embarrassed by his lack of a class. I couldn't care much either way, although I think it points up a growing insecurity in Cork

Link to his performance
    https://www.facebook.com/SoHoBarCork...55498500748580
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 28/10/2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: link added

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Many Cork fans? About two or three have expressed a negative opinion of it. The vast majority there were laughing and joining in with him. Look forward to his next speech on Sunday night when we complete the Double. Ye can focus on him all ye want then!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    by the way i know people are saying that shane keegan is unfortunate that he has brought down two teams two years in a row but the question I would like to ask is that he had departed Wexford last season before the season ended to Galway?
    I think you’re asking about when he joined Galway. Technically it was announced after Wexford lost the playoff but the world and its mother knew he was gone now heading into the second leg.

13. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Great that we have the internet where everyone can get offended at the least thing.

High philosophy? No.

Bit of craic given the circumstances? Yes.

An indicator of growing insecurity in Cork and all the other crap Dundalk fans are labelling it? Would ye ever get a grip.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Great that we have the internet where everyone can get offended at the least thing.

High philosophy? No.

Bit of craic given the circumstances? Yes.
    Are you offended? No?

Me neither

An indicator of growing insecurity in Cork and all the other crap Dundalk fans are labelling it? Would ye ever get a grip.

Labelling a range of diverse comments as "crap" says a fair bit more about you then the collection of posters that you refer to.

I am doubtful if you have a willingness to understand my comment about growing insecurity in Cork, but given the fact that Cork City have displayed relegation form over the last third of the season it is hardly difficult to understand why there might be some doubts in the minds of both players and supporters going into the cup final.

McNulty's drink-fuelled rant last year clearly illustrated his fixation with how Cork were trying to emerge from the shadow of constantly finishing runners-up to Dundalk in the previous cup final and 3 previous leagues, along with operating in their shadow when it came to European achievements. The way that he chose then to focus on Dundalk rather than on his own teams achievement in winning the cup was cringe inducing. His recent bar performances indicates that he is still absorbed with this.

When they went on the incredible unbeaten run over 22 league games, the talk was all about setting new records in the league and perhaps even becoming 'invincibles' by going unbeaten over the season.

The relegation form they have shown in the last 11 league games is only brightened by a decent display against Dundalk in the Turners Cross game and by limping to the Cup Final.

They know that by losing to Dundalk next week takes a further shine off their superb season and will set further doubt in train, particularly fueled by the expected departures of key players.

Obviously re-signing and new signings from both teams will be critical as to how next season shapes up, but the nervousness and doubts in Cork are almost palpable. McNulty's brain-dead roaring is just another part of this growing insecurity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Many Cork fans? About two or three have expressed a negative opinion of it. The vast majority there were laughing and joining in with him.
    Thanks for confirming what many suspected.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    He just hates PNE since they took Seani and Kev from us.
    No way was this Dundalk-related at all.
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Labelling a range of diverse comments as "crap" says a fair bit more about you then the collection of posters that you refer to. I am doubtful if you have a willingness to understand my comment about growing insecurity in Cork
    Good man Ez; throw out an aul random insult rather than try make any actual point.

Is talking about Dundalk insecurity now? You prattle on about other clubs more than anyone else on foot.ie - are you insecure?

There's lots of crap - a diverse mix, if you want - on here about the incident. A sample -

many Cork fans are understandably embarrassed by his lack of a class
    Sounds like you making stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle
    a completely classless individual
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10
    Obvs a very classless individual.
    the concern is more about whether he actual has a capacity to think at all.
    Because he started a harmless football chant? Right so. Chalk us all up as brain dead and classless so.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle
    I'd be embarrassed if it was one of our lads
    This is possibly true - though general football history shows that fans will defend their own clubs to the hilt, so I'd actually doubt if push came to shove that mcgonigle would be embarrassed (or at least admit to it). I think it's just a little bit hypocritical.

Then there's the post that was deleted as well of course.

So - crap? Yeah, I think so.

Seriously - before the internet, no-one would have cared about what McNulty did. Now we have every amateur Dundalk psychologist having their say and trying to gain the moral high ground or score internet points off it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Good man Ez; throw out an aul random insult rather than try make any actual point.
    That is exactly what you did with your "crap" comment.

I have tried, obviously in vain, to explain and expand on my point about insecurities

It is a almost a classic Trumpian tactic to accuse others of exactly what you are doing yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    You did expand on the insecurity stuff. Doesn't mean it isn't crap. I've explained why. I've also pointed out exactly which other comments were crap and why. You're just throwing around insults, making stuff up (I suspect) and dismissing things as "Trumpian" without actually addressing any of the points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    You did expand on the insecurity stuff. Doesn't mean it isn't crap. I've explained why. I've also pointed out exactly which other comments were crap and why. You're just throwing around insults, making stuff up (I suspect) and dismissing things as "Trumpian" without actually addressing any of the points.
    Stu, I'm afraid I gotta just leave you sitting with your misery on this one.

You are entitled to express your opinions - tis a pity you feel the need to express them in such insulting and provocative terms, while repeatedly dismissing other peoples opinion as "crap"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast