Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI PD fixtures series 33 - Friday 27th October

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Awful defending, something which we've been guilty of all year, to allow Pat's to score first at Maginn. Decent goal in reply. Feck all else happened really, bar Pat's picking up a fine or two for flares fecked onto the surface and a pitch incursion. Two firsts of the season at Maginn.
    Disappointing to see Galway down, but fair play to Pat's, did well tonight.
    Cheers to Inishowen League for Maginn, and to Buncrana in general. I enjoyed the trips down the road now.

Besides all that, thank feck this season is over.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Disappointed to see Galway go down,though you reap what you sow,appointing Keegan especially the manner in which it was done was a recipe for disaster.Keegans own character is also questionable in the way it was done.Plenty clubs will be having a look at 3-4 of those Galway players.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Good game this evening at EDP this evening.Galway threw everything they could at Dundalk and could have sneaked a win in the end.Some excellent goals from both sides with McEleny's being the stand-out one.

Good luck to Galway next season,i have no doubt yee will return to the PD on your 1st attempt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Commisserations to Galway.

What a fight-back, it was great to watch on TV, particularly after so many terrible games being televised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Sure they would make plenty off advertisement hoarding in Galway like the FIFA 16 one .........
    Galway United dont make any money from Advertising Hoardings in the ground. They only rent the ground from the Galway Fa. No catering proceeds go to the club either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A very sad night for the club. As down as I’ve felt following United, and that’s saying something. The players tried their heart out. To watch Stevie Folan and Colm Horgan in bits at the end was sad to see. So sorry for the 4 or 5 volunteers who keep the show on the road. We deserved what we got over the course of the season but this is a horrible night as a fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    I think with Waterford up and the two other teams that went down, you’d have to say that Galway would be heavy favorites to come straight back up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KBurke View Post
    Galway United dont make any money from Advertising Hoardings in the ground. They only rent the ground from the Galway Fa. No catering proceeds go to the club either
    Well i didnt specify Galway United but I was more alluding to advertising a product that is 2 years old so whomever cant still be getting money from that slot. Maybe not the thread but in Cork City's situation how does ground sponsorship work? Surely if someone wants to sponsor Galway United by paying for hoarding in ED Park something could be done even if that advertisment was put up and taken down on match night. Unless this is used to offset a minimal rental fee by taking proceeds of other aspects of the ground it sounds unfair if there is no other major tenant.

Commiserations on being relegated. Neither Duffy or at the end Stephen Kenny looked too happy at all about relegating a club albeit other results didnt go with Galway Utd. I dont think any of the Dundalk goals were celebrated!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Paul Dollery tweeted the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dollery
    Three full stands at Turner’s Cross but they’ve set the podium for the trophy presentation up in front of the one that’s empty.

They couldn’t possibly be further away from the spectators. Bizarre.
    It's hard to get your head around the FAI sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I think with Waterford up and the two other teams that went down, you’d have to say that Galway would be heavy favorites to come straight back up.
    No offence to Harps but Galway's supporters rallied to the cause when the chips were down while Harps crowds slipped, so for that reason I think Galway will be champs nest year. Both clubs will missed here in the North West.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Disappointing to not make it out of the bottom 3, it was always going to be a struggle. The squad is small, and while there are a number of good players there, there are a number of weak-links which has cost us. Still a much better team to watch than last year's one under Tommy Dunne. Keegan seems to be getting it from the likes of Johnny McDonnell, but he lost less league games than Bradley at Shamrocks R. Also best goal difference in the bottom half, so not as simple as the likes of Johnny Mac makes out. Good job done by the small board, who as been pointed out have kept the show on the road.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Paul Dollery tweeted the following:

It's hard to get your head around the FAI sometimes.
    I dont know if this is the reason but when Dundalk won the league in 2014 the trophy presentation ended up being missed by the live broadcast due to the time it took for the team to weave their way through the crowd for the trophy presentation. That time it was in the Town end corner infront of the terracing and I thought that was an odd place at the time rather than more central like centre circle in front of the stand. Although the crowd in Turners Cross dont seem to have entered the pitch and the game wasnt live, it would have made sense with those potential circumstances. But a bit of on the spot cop on wouldnt have gone amiss and move the podium in to the centre circle. Maybe RTE hadnt brought power cables long enough....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    The only thing I can think of is that they wanted the three full stands to have a decent view of it.
    Very little encroachment tonight after the big pitch invasion last week. The players did a lap with the trophy and everyone got a good look at it. Good crowd out in a local city bar with the trophy now but the players have all gone home (I hope) to rest. No mad celebrations tonight for them.
    12 long years we've waited for tonight and it's everything I hoped it would be

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    If the PA hadn't announced about 20 times that people should stay off the pitch to allow for a lap of honour, I think there would have been more of a pitch invasion. So that worked out quite well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Relief, finally. Our signings in the transfer window saved us this season, I think only Dundalk have got more points than us in the last 13 games since the window opened.

I think Galway were a bit unlucky to go down, they're not a bad side just too many draws, they lost less games than Rovers in 3rd.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Feel sorry for Galway, but at the same time mightily relieved that it wasn't us. As PartySaint says we've been pretty good since the signings in the summer. Balk, Brennan and Garvan made a big difference to the side. No doubt we'd have gone down without them. And Billy Dennehy actually turned out to be able to play a little bit too in the last couple of games. Who knew ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Was Karl Shepherd booed by sections of the Cork support last night?

I find it hard to believe.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Was Karl Shepherd booed by sections of the Cork support last night?

I find it hard to believe.
    He was getting boos alright. I found it very disappointing. He's been brilliant for us and it was a complete lack of respect to do that as he was a major part of us winning the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Galway have made some strange decisions over the past couple of seasons. Selling Lee Grace seemed extremely short term thinking and could well come back to hurt them. Sligo made a similar decision with Sadlier but have ended up safe most likely.
    The difference with us was the money Sadlier's transfer gave us allowed us to recruit some other players and we managed to sign someone of equal, if not better, standard as his replacement. No doubt you'll be seeing him in Cork next season as Caulfield can't seem to find players anywhere else.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    I see McNulty rolled out his party trick last night, a completely classless individual. Hope someone took his phone off him before he consumed anymore. Insert Kevin Keegan rant here

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast