Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now that that Unpleasantness is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    To be fair to Andrew I don't think its meant as McNamee in or Ogbene out.

It's that we are talking to McNamee (which we are) and that there are English teams looking at Dozie which of course there is since his time with Cork. Been scouts over watching Dozie all year doubt there is any need to plant anything.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Baffling that people will be happy if we sell Ogbene for a fee. He's one of the best attackers in the league and we won't be replacing his quality in all honesty.

I've maintained for weeks that he will leave but I won't be happy because we got money to buy sub standard players or use it to cover the 100k+ Dino McDonald is on.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandwichBoy View Post
    Baffling that people will be happy if we sell Ogbene for a fee. He's one of the best attackers in the league and we won't be replacing his quality in all honesty.

I've maintained for weeks that he will leave but I won't be happy because we got money to buy sub standard players or use it to cover the 100k+ Dino McDonald is on.
    Who said they would be happy with it?

Realistically though if he is going to go you want the club to get as much as possible. Help relieve any final pressures there might be and could help with bringing in more players.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Got to keep Tosi and Bastian. Ogbene would be fantastic to keep. Duggie and Lee J after that. O Conner has been really good at CB. We badly badly need a left full. Shane has been a fantastic servant but he is not up to premier standard anymore. I'm not up to date with any of Cotters antics, apart from that he should stay. Need a right full so Clarke can play further up the pitch. Need a CB, way to many goals came directly from Whitehead errors. The last Shams game also showed that against a big CF he is brutal. Finally, 1 each no nonsense defender + midfielder with a few years premier experience.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Who said they would be happy with it?
    It was mentioned in the first post I read. If we get money for him "sell, sell , sell." Mind-boggling.

I have no sympathy for any talk of financial pressures when Dino McDonald is on the bones of a 120 thousand euros. His Assistant must be pulling 50k anyway to be over here. Christ if we could actually use our resources properly we might get somewhere.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Would love to have Kenny back at Cobh. Always felt he looked a bit out of his depth in the Premier but he would right at home back in the First. Hopefully he still has the appetite for LOI. Would be wasted in Munster Senior League. Can't see any LOI clubs other than us trying for him really.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It was mentioned in the first post I read. If we get money for him "sell, sell , sell." Mind-boggling.

I have no sympathy for any talk of financial pressures when Dino McDonald is on the bones of a 120 thousand euros. His Assistant must be pulling 50k anyway to be over here. Christ if we could actually use our resources properly we might get somewhere.
    We could have had Steven Kenny for half of it .. but the numbskulls picked Taylor instead. Don't even get me started on some of the other potential candidates that wanted the job .. Fenlon, Kerr (twice) and Barraclough ... We'll never use the resources properly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts

I still can’t see any post where someone says if we get money for him “sell sell sell”.

When it costs at least €1.2m to run a premier divison club then you have to have some sympathy. I have no idea what McDonald is on but if he is on 120k then covering his wage would then free up money for more signings surely.

What resources do we have? Outside of investment from money men we would have a very basic squad and probably be in the first divison. Similar to most LOI clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I still can’t see any post where someone says if we get money for him “sell sell sell”.

When it costs at least €1.2m to run a premier divison club then you have to have some sympathy. I have no idea what McDonald is on but if he is on 120k then covering his wage would then free up money for more signings surely.

What resources do we have? Outside of investment from money men we would have a very basic squad and probably be in the first divison. Similar to most LOI clubs.
    But we do have investment from people so we have those resources.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    But we do have investment from people so we have those resources.
    That’s why I said outside of money men we would have a weak squad because we don’t have loads of resources.. If we had big sponsorship, an academy producing regular players going abroad I would say something but we aren’t in a position like that. We don’t even have a main shirt sponsor.

As it stands do we don’t even know if the investment put in to date is going to continue and if it is to what level. Will it be higher than this season, the same or lower?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    That’s why I said outside of money men we would have a weak squad because we don’t have loads of resources.. If we had big sponsorship, an academy producing regular players going abroad I would say something but we aren’t in a position like that. We don’t even have a main shirt sponsor.

As it stands do we don’t even know if the investment put in to date is going to continue and if it is to what level. Will it be higher than this season, the same or lower?
    I think the point the other fella was making was about how much we have wasted what we had in the past and if so that can't be denied Pat has put in millions and for what? Two first division titles and so far nothing really coming through from youth section. Like if the money isn't there next season it would be typical Limerick that we had a big budget last season and have it to a complete and utter spoofer that everyone knew was a complete and utter spoofer.

We have water so much money it's insane and if the money is there now it needs to be used properly no stupid projects no nonsense just good players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I think the point the other fella was making was about how much we have wasted what we had in the past and if so that can't be denied Pat has put in millions and for what? Two first division titles and so far nothing really coming through from youth section. Like if the money isn't there next season it would be typical Limerick that we had a big budget last season and have it to a complete and utter spoofer that everyone knew was a complete and utter spoofer.

We have water so much money it's insane and if the money is there now it needs to be used properly no stupid projects no nonsense just good players.
    Ya I agree with you about some of the money wasted. Sadly that’s football and we certainly wouldn’t be unique when it comes to wasting money. Ideally we would have found a great manager that would have spent money wisely but we haven’t. The only one that really got away was Stephen Kenny. Outside of that I’m not sure too many were queuing up for the job. I don’t believe Kerr was that interested like rumours suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Other teams starting to make moves already hope this manager works quicker than previous. Should be getting Lee J Duggy and Hery signed up asap anyway after that other than Tosi who I don't think will stay there isn't anyone you would be too concerned with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya the club need to tie down who we are keeping asap. Most new players won’t sign until they see how we are shaping up.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Other teams starting to make moves already hope this manager works quicker than previous. Should be getting Lee J Duggy and Hery signed up asap anyway after that other than Tosi who I don't think will stay there isn't anyone you would be too concerned with.
    Didn't McDonald tell Duggie he wasn't in his long term plans .. Hope he's changed his mind...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlepook View Post
    Didn't McDonald tell Duggie he wasn't in his long term plans .. Hope he's changed his mind...
    No idea if true but I heard they get on a lot better now than at the start hope its true cos even with all the talk about Hery he has been awful the last 3 games and we clearly missed Duggy against Drogs and when he came off last game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I wouldn't say that was clear at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    If you don't see the difference having Duggy in there ahead of Crowe would have made in games against lesser opposition that's fair enough different opinions and all that.

I've been critical of Duggy this season at times too but definitely think people have ignored the fact he's gotten a lot better recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Reports have come out today, Limerick offered Bastien Hery a new deal but Waterford, Rovers, Cork and Dundalk all interested in securing his signature. Also heard Limerick are battling Dundalk and Rovers to lure Aaron Greene back to the club.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast