Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drogheda United (H)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Drogheda United (H)

Noel O'Connor joins me again tomorrow for live audio analysis of the weekend's final relegation-relevant clash (LINK: mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/).

Already-down Drogheda United visit a Limerick side shorn of suspended captain Shane Duggan.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    A big sign of relief from Bucharest. Almost there. Then a post mortem.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    So if we beat Galway next week and Bohs lose to Dundalk, we would go into the last game defending sixth spot and possibly half an eye on Bray currently fifth & that might put us in that Scottish hybrid cup adventure thingy, is that right or did I mishear AOB ? That would alter any post mortem would it not ?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Truly brutal stuff.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    There is no good post mortem of this season. It has been a clusterf*ck

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Abject performance, dreadful from start to finish. Waiting on the "report" to beef up the organizational improvement that Ronalds cleansing has brought .. which lesser mortals are still waiting to see. 3 points, touching distance of safety... Can't wait for this season to end tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    In the six league games since that dismal Tuesday night when we rolled over at home to Shamrock Rovers we have won 3, drew 2 and lost 1(the Finn Harps debacle). Not many would have predicted we'd collect 11 points out of the next 18 available. I am surprised and massively relieved that we have all but secured safety. Let's just enjoy tonight lads and look ahead to being in a ten team premier with 3 Munster teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Analysis from the Markets Field, where Rodrigo Tosi's penalty bailed out Neil McDonald's over-cautious approach: http://bit.ly/2xGetuI

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Poor game but 3 crucial points secured. Galway won't fear coming down here though so big game next Friday. If Limerick do stay up major surgery required on this squad. Hery impressed again as did William Fitzgerald when introduced. Fools in the stand embarrassed themselves again with juvenile chant when Russell introduced for Drogs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the blue army call themselves supporters but really left themselves down after tonights match...... everyone enjoys abit of banter at matches but they went way over the top and to think there was children under 10 sitting near them is shocking behaviour......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superblues37 View Post
    the blue army call themselves supporters but really left themselves down after tonights match...... everyone enjoys abit of banter at matches but they went way over the top and to think there was children under 10 sitting near them is shocking behaviour......
    If booing a player is that shocking to ye I suggest ye take up chess lads cos if ye are trying to say anything else happened you are lying. Quietest we have been at a game in ages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    If Limerick do stay up
    What?? Two teams have to make up a 4 point gap, another has to make up 5 points and there's only 6 points left to play for.

I think it's safe to assume Limerick will be in the Premier Division next season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    If booing a player is that shocking to ye I suggest ye take up chess lads cos if ye are trying to say anything else happened you are lying. Quietest we have been at a game in ages.
    How come I was able to hear a chant calling Séan Russell and his father a wan*er on the popular side? That's not just booing a player.

When I mentioned it to a friend walking out he told me that there was a chant directed at Ollie Horgan at the start of the game too, calling him something derogatory.

What's most ironic about this behaviour is that the Blue Army are the biggest bunch of wasters walking the streets of Limerick. Scroungers and fat boozers who will never have more than 200 quid coming in to their pocket every week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandwichBoy View Post
    How come I was able to hear a chant calling Séan Russell and his father a wan*er on the popular side? That's not just booing a player.

When I mentioned it to a friend walking out he told me that there was a chant directed at Ollie Horgan at the start of the game too, calling him something derogatory.

What's most ironic about this behaviour is that the Blue Army are the biggest bunch of wasters walking the streets of Limerick. Scroungers and fat boozers who will never have more than 200 quid coming in to their pocket every week.
    George Lee is that you.... stay away from the markets field during matches if it upsets you so much whoever you are! I'd safely say a lot worse goes on in every football ground in the country, I don't think live football is for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    No point trying to argue with a fella who says he is disgusted at people getting a small bit of a slagging at a football game while including personal insults in almost all of his posts any kind of logic or reason is lost on such stupidity so it's a waste of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rare I agree with BWA but he's bang on. This is what happens at football, if you're not ok with it, it's probably not the game for you. Either accept it or don't, but leave the hand wringing at the gate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Rare I agree with BWA but he's bang on. This is what happens at football, if you're not ok with it, it's probably not the game for you. Either accept it or don't, but leave the hand wringing at the gate.
    If things had gotten mad personal I'd be one of the first to say it was unacceptable I hold my hands up a lot when we are wrong as a group but if a bit of booing someone being called a w**ker and Ollie being called a scarecrow is that shocking to someone then they must be fairly delicate souls. And I know I'm right based on the fact even you agree with me 😂😂

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Another great result,a poor poor performance..ah results and performances,i know which one i would take.The Blue Army have their moments good and bad,the nature of football shouldn,t be used as an excuse for unacceptable behaviour,likewise claims of exaggerated actions shouldn,t be used as a baton to beat the whole group with...however the club need to look at the groups positioning in the ground with a long term view in mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    If and it's a big if, the club had the funds to build a designated family stand somewhere in the ground that's what they should do. The Blue Army are, from talking to fans of other teams around the country, the envy of a lot of teams in the league. They overstep the mark at times but when you have any large number of people you'll always have a few clowns.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Just strange that one very mediocre ex player gets feted while another gets jeered and his father called a w*nker into the bargain, which was unnecessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast