Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Need To Talk About cork city

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    This is the racist abuse you didn't actually hear, right?
    Ah the next in the line of excuses. I am sure a group of Cork fans got together on both occasions and thought yano what would be fun lets make up racism claims against our own club. It happened and you know full well it did ffs.
    Almost as bad as the Cork fan on another site who admitted that he heard someone tell Ogbene to "F**k back to Africa" but that he wouldn't deem it racist cos there is white Africans. The attempted dodging of it is pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    It seems the real crime here is mixing good natured (I hope) WUMery with serious comments. Can someone advise how I can go about informing the Guards so the individual concerned is rightly punished? Then we can talk about the trifling matter of racist abuse in the LOI.
    No issue with general good-natured WUMery per se, but the purported appeal in the opening post to others not to club-bash just seemed a bit absurd as it jarred with the general wind-up nature of some of the preceding paragraphs.

The alleged racist incident deserves a thread of its own. Racist abuse is odious and way out-of-order; that shouldn't even need to be stated. It's depressing that it's still a part of the game (even if it was supposed to have been just a solitary individual). Assuming the allegation is true, Cork need to confront the matter, investigate it and deal with it in an effective manner.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    wheres the moderator in all this? can this thread be closed please as I am not interested in personal warfare.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There are only TWO people banned from Cork City games. One of them is the big fat corkflakes head from Limerick as he verbally sexually abused a child that was selling programmes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    wheres the moderator in all this? can this thread be closed please as I am not interested in personal warfare.
    So racism at a LOI game isn't worthy of discussion on an LOI forum? Considering some of the complete and utter nonsense you speak its hilarious coming from you. Another wild idea is to not read the thread if you have no interest in whats in it.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 24/09/2017 at 6:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corkery View Post
    There are only TWO people banned from Cork City games. One of them is the big fat corkflakes head from Limerick as he verbally sexually abused a child that was selling programmes.
    Are any of ye Cork lads going to condemn the racism from your own fans at all or are every single one of ye just going to try and deflect it with nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with it? The Limerick fan that is banned from Cork has already been discussed. Again I will say it shows what Cork are like that a fan from another team is banned nearly 5 years for something like that while on two occasions now their own fans have been able to see with no problem who was racially abusing a player and has anything been done on either occasion?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Have we any name of the person who allegedly racially abuse Ogbene? Did it actually happen? Who said it happened? Come on, out with it. Stop being like a Tabloid paper and give us names.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ya, it is true. I'm a shareholder in the club and I was doing stewarding before and it's 100% true.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Shocking stuff. That fat lump is an utter embarrassment at every Limerick home game. And people defend him after he has done that, just as bad as racism.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Look, he's only one person. Limerick fans were sound the other night.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was sitting slap bang in the middle of the seated stand in the away end and heard loads of boos and "cheat" and "judas" for Ogbene but no racial abuse. I read on the city forum of someone in the back of the stand making a racist comment but was quickly told to shut it by those around him. The incident referred to in this thread probably happened in the away enclosure at the side of the pitch I'd say. It probably did happen, it is unrealistic to expect every single supporter to be sensible and intelligent. We have a few knuckle-heads, I am not denying that. Most if not all of the fans in the away stand were well-behaved and I am sure the stewards would attest to that. Hopefully this idiot (or idiots) can be identified and banned from every ground in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Are any of ye Cork lads going to condemn the racism from your own fans at all or are every single one of ye just going to try and deflect it with nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with it? The Limerick fan that is banned from Cork has already been discussed. Again I will say it shows what Cork are like that a fan from another team is banned nearly 5 years for something like that while on two occasions now their own fans have been able to see with no problem who was racially abusing a player and has anything been done on either occasion?
    I for one absolutely condemn the racist abuse neither of us heard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I was sitting slap bang in the middle of the seated stand in the away end and heard loads of boos and "cheat" and "judas" for Ogbene but no racial abuse. I read on the city forum of someone in the back of the stand making a racist comment but was quickly told to shut it by those around him. The incident referred to in this thread probably happened in the away enclosure at the side of the pitch I'd say. It probably did happen, it is unrealistic to expect every single supporter to be sensible and intelligent. We have a few knuckle-heads, I am not denying that. Most if not all of the fans in the away stand were well-behaved and I am sure the stewards would attest to that. Hopefully this idiot (or idiots) can be identified and banned from every ground in the league.
    Of course it is just one idiot or something like that I by no means am trying to tar all Cork fans like most clubs vast majority just want to go and enjoy a game and are no bother whatsoever. My big problem is people knowing who it is enough to tell them off but only telling them off isn't enough. I'm not one for trying to get people banned or running to stewards or anything but when it comes to racism that is 100% what should be done so that the people responsible will be banned. This is the second time too in as many games against Cork this has happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I for one absolutely condemn the racist abuse neither of us heard.
    Cos a bunch of Cork fans are going to make up racist abuse by their own club, twice. Get a grip.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Cos a bunch of Cork fans are going to make up racist abuse by their own club, twice. Get a grip.
    Come on, give us a name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    By our own club? I know that the fans own Cork City FC, but I wasn't aware there was a majority shareholder, or that he was at the game the other night.

Our club gives the same announcement that yours does about not tolerating racist abuse. I have personally told racists to shut up - it's been a few years - and have heard the same action by others. And here's the account you're going on, by someone I too have no reason to doubt:

As I said it was at the back of the stand on the righthand side,plenty of us told him to shut it,he got the message loud n clear,that his behaviour was unacceptable.
    While we all reacted there was one guy just in front of him, who made it clear to him that it was not on,when he said something the second time,it got fairly heated with the same fella,but most within earshot were disgusted with him, and let him know it too.
    Now given that I was about 20 feet from that area and didn't hear anything, I can't vouch for the abuse or any heated response. Presumably neither can Chidozie - it's just Chidozie, right, none of the other foreigners, how strange - But as I said, I have no reason to doubt it. I would however ask how this in any way suggests 'we need to talk about Cork City'. If anything it suggests we need to talk about Limerick's inability to manage having a crowd twice a season.

I can certainly however confirm lots of vitriol for a diving, cheating ******** who has a history of ****ing over clubs that invest in his development and whose attitude, on the pitch and off the pitch, exemplifies the worst of modern football. He fits in well at Limerick with our cast offs and walk outs, another in the line of players that have left the club that made them for the sake of a few dollars. You'll miss him next season. I can see why it'd be nice to imagine it was all just a load of racism though - I'd be embarrassed if that was the attitude being fostered at our club too.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Are you still banned from Turners Cross for abusing a female volunteer?
    hmm did you just accuse an innocent person of something not related to him and then your stroking hair boyfriend Buzz442 just liked your comment. be a good chap and apologize to bluewhitearmy . and whats this someone is posting here after many years, is his barring order from chasing a girl over to Thailand is it lifted?? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    By our own club? I know that the fans own Cork City FC, but I wasn't aware there was a majority shareholder, or that he was at the game the other night.

Our club gives the same announcement that yours does about not tolerating racist abuse. I have personally told racists to shut up - it's been a few years - and have heard the same action by others. And here's the account you're going on, by someone I too have no reason to doubt:

Now given that I was about 20 feet from that area and didn't hear anything, I can't vouch for the abuse or any heated response. Presumably neither can Chidozie - it's just Chidozie, right, none of the other foreigners, how strange - But as I said, I have no reason to doubt it. I would however ask how this in any way suggests 'we need to talk about Cork City'. If anything it suggests we need to talk about Limerick's inability to manage having a crowd twice a season.

I can certainly however confirm lots of vitriol for a diving, cheating ******** who has a history of ****ing over clubs that invest in his development and whose attitude, on the pitch and off the pitch, exemplifies the worst of modern football. He fits in well at Limerick with our cast offs and walk outs, another in the line of players that have left the club that made them for the sake of a few dollars. You'll miss him next season. I can see why it'd be nice to imagine it was all just a load of racism though - I'd be embarrassed if that was the attitude being fostered at our club too.
    The first time was in Turners Cross.

I won't even respond to the other deflection tactic nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corkery View Post
    Come on, give us a name.
    You say you were/are a steward at the club and are doing all you can to deflect from your fans making racist remarks by making personal insults about someone else that has nothing to do with the situation. With people like this involved in stewarding for ye is it any surprise its been allowed to happen.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    He fits in well at Limerick with our cast offs and walk outs
    Speaking of, how's Robbie W settling in ? Or fitting in ? His jersey looking tighter and tighter to me, did well for our goal though, the first one that is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast