Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We Need To Talk About cork city

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    So a Cork City fan racially abused Chedozie and other Cork City fans dealt with him/her? But Cork City have a problem worth starting a thread about? Sounds like it was dealt with on the night by Cork City fans and that you are just stirring. Hopefully they were reported to security at the time. I was in the away stand and I didn't hear anything other than boos for what its worth, so it can't have been massively wide spread. You need to be more subtle next time.
    Telling someone to cop on is not dealing with it as was proved by the fact he did it again after the first time he was given out to but allowed to stay in the ground. Now if they had actually dealt with it and made sure the person was removed from the ground there couldn't have been a repeat. Th
    e same person will still be at City games same as the lad from the last game because of the lack of proper action by City fans. Pretend it's all ok all you like though.

Might be hard for people who's first thought is to excuse and deflect from it to believe but some people actually detest racism which is why I am bringing it up because it should be and the lack of action from the people around it should be highlighted. If you see it as someone to be used for petty point scoring that's on you I see it as a disgusting act that needs a zero tolerance approach not a ah stop will ya and let it carry on nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I don't see anyone saying it isn't disgusting, pretty much everyone here has said the same thing, we all agree it needs to be dealt with if it happened. I'm not doubting that it did happen, I didn't hear (and have never heard - actually no thats not true, the I'd rather be a Paki stuff has thankfully been disposed of in recent years) racial abuse. If i did hear it I would immediately report it to the nearest steward, as I have done anytime I've seen anyone throw anything on the pitch.

This thread was clearly not about racial abuse though, if it was then that would have been the topic, instead it was clearly about one posters issues with Cork City. Its disappointing that they would belittle such an important issue by hiding it among taunts at John Caulfield and our club as a whole. I don't think anyone is deflecting, I think we're questioning the intention of the poster, who I'm sure is in stitches now as they have clearly gotten the reaction they wanted.

I'm certain that there is racial abuse throughout Irish football at all levels. My club is not immune. If I see or hear it I will report it. I can't do anything about it if I don't see it. Hopefully the individual on Friday was reported. If not then we have to ask why not. Perhaps those who told the individual to cop on didn't want the hassle of dealing with security. I don't know, I don't have the answers but as a club and a league we should all be looking to make sure that our league isn't a place for racists to hide, and that those who do experience it are given a platform to call attention to it in the right manner

If anyone thinks Cork City as an institution and fanbase is racist then they are way off. Chedozie was a hero at Turners Cross and we were all (I guess not the racist fan or fans) excited about his progression this year, he left, we'll get over it. Pity he dives so much but he'll get better as he gains more experience. As far as I can tell no other player was abused on Friday, including Bastian Hery (who had a great game) so any racist abuse was clearly more than just racism, but the problem is that the individual felt their disgusting hatred was justified in this case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    If anyone thinks Cork City as an institution and fanbase is racist then they are way off. Chedozie was a hero at Turners Cross and we were all (I guess not the racist fan or fans) excited about his progression this year, he left, we'll get over it. Pity he dives so much but he'll get better as he gains more experience. As far as I can tell no other player was abused on Friday, including Bastian Hery
    "Some of my best friends are black."

I'm done with this thread.

Disgusting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    To be honest I know it's the internet and it's all a bit of craic, but using racism as a wind-up ploy is a bit low.

5. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The whole thread is a mess from a quick skim, but that's hardly surprising given that the original post was exactly the same. If you don't want people to discuss issues other than the alleged incident of racism don't put them in your post.

Quite how the board of Cork City are to blame for the incident being repeated more so than the club hosting the fecking game is beyond me. And the attack on fan ownership (and I fully admit I am biased) reeks of someone more comfortable having a good old rant than ever actually taking on some responsibility. Locking this thread. Have no issue if someone wants to start threads on Sean Maguire, John Caulfield, Fan Ownership and the incidents in Limerick please do so separately.

Any questions on the decision to lock, bring them to the support forum.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

7. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234