Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LOI fixtures - Friday 22nd Sept to Monday 25th Sept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I doubt that now El P, really ?? the silence for a start when Dlk scored and almost every fan with their hands on their heads at the shed end, look I`ll be honest, I'd have been very disappointed if the boot was on the other shoe.
    I'm not gonna say the goal wasn't disappointing. It was, but in context, given our recent performances, a draw is a very good result and I and my friends were all pretty happy (I think GavinZac was a bit annoyed alright) leaving the stadium. All everyone was talkign about was the shift Shep, Dooley, Bucks and Jimmy put in. How much of a beast McCormack is. The mood on the city forum is noticeably better, the cloud has been lifted. The only negative over there is around JC not making a sub, which to be fair he probably should have, but I won't fault him. We have four more games to get 2 points. If we had conceded a late winner I think I'd be worried. We won the league last night with our performance if not with the result. I'm in a great mood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    I was in a terrible mood.
    How are you feeling today? Cos I think we're doing the double.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    I was sickened at the final whistle last night, absolutely gutted. Stood there for around 10 minutes after thinking of what could've been. But now I'm feeling more positive about it, great performance put in which gives us great confidence going into another big game Friday. Four games now to get just two points, if we could go with the same team as last night it would be great, although maybe sadlier or bolger coming on last night could've gotten us over the line. Real chance of a double now but I'm sure Limerick will have something to say about that, and then any final against dundalk or rovers will be very difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    I was sickened at the final whistle last night, absolutely gutted. Stood there for around 10 minutes after thinking of what could've been. But now I'm feeling more positive about it, great performance put in which gives us great confidence going into another big game Friday.
    Conceding late goals is a sickener, but a draw was still a great result for Cork. In addition, your lads won't be on the p!ss for Friday.

I wouldn't get carried away with the performance though. It was good, in a one dimensional way, but you've seen Cork play miles better this season. Blood and guts are fine, but more than that is needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    McCormack was motm imo.He always revs his game up by about 500% whenever he's playing against us so no big surprise for me that he was on top form last night.

Thought it was a scrappy enough game full of bad passes and late tackles.

Rogers and Gartland are always two players that Dundalk fans love to vent about when things don't go to plan for us(and their haters were at it again last night on Twitter) but both done well i thought(Rogers especially),warriors for us in Hoare and Benson and i also thought Grimes done well when he came on.S O'D on as sub just at the right time.

Dooley and Sheppard very good for Cork - McNulty not no much.

An intriguing match alright but not one for the purist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    The only negative over there is around JC not making a sub, which to be fair he probably should have, but I won't fault him.
    Would the second half performance not be another negative? We were there for the taking after an awful first half but Cork never came out in the second half and it ended up costing you the game and winning the title against your rivals in front of a packed house. I'd be annoyed with JC for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Cork fans racially abusing Ogbene for the second game in a row. Other Cork fans looking at the person doing it and doing nothing for the second game in a row. Classy.
    Contradicting yourself AND getting it wrong re other city fans doing nothing. Stirrer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Contradicting yourself AND getting it wrong re other city fans doing nothing. Stirrer.
    Well unless you have proof it was the same lad on both occasions than the use of fans is correct one in Turners Cross one in Markets Field. Telling someone shh and allowing them to stay in the ground is doing nothing having the people responsible thrown out and banned is. Stay with the Cork stance on the whole thing though which is pick on every single other thing ye can so ye can deflect it and not condemn the actions of people in your crowds good lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    What was the story between Gartland and Stevie Sideways last night? They had to be separated at one stage during the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Well unless you have proof it was the same lad on both occasions than the use of fans is correct one in Turners Cross one in Markets Field. Telling someone shh and allowing them to stay in the ground is doing nothing having the people responsible thrown out and banned is. Stay with the Cork stance on the whole thing though which is pick on every single other thing ye can so ye can deflect it and not condemn the actions of people in your crowds good lads.
    The City fans told him to shut up and cop on. Which is more than the "nothing" you originally stated. After that what do you want them to do? Frogmarch him out of the place? Isn't that what stewards are for? What did they do? What did you do?

As for not condemning? Go over to the City forum and read for yourself. Trying to tar all City fans the same as that dope is pitiful from you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    McCormack was motm imo.He always revs his game up by about 500% whenever he's playing against us so no big surprise for me that he was on top form last night.
    No arguments with the assessment of his performance last night, but to be fair to him he's been at or near that level for most of the season (at least when playing in midfield). Understandably Maguire gets most of the plaudits, but the addition of McCormack's been a major factor in our improvement this year.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes for his friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    The City fans told him to shut up and cop on. Which is more than the "nothing" you originally stated. After that what do you want them to do? Frogmarch him out of the place? Isn't that what stewards are for? What did they do? What did you do?

As for not condemning? Go over to the City forum and read for yourself. Trying to tar all City fans the same as that dope is pitiful from you.
    I won't keep going on about this cos I'm not sure Mr.A would be happy so try and keep up with this post now if you can ye Cork lads seem to be having some trouble so far with it.

Telling someone be quiet but leaving them in the ground so that they can as the person did do it for a second time is not doing something.

You bring up the stewards and its quite simple what should have been done someone should have went to a steward or guard and reported the incident so that the person could have been removed and banned. Now that isn't too hard to figure out is it. As for asking what I did that's just the same deflection nonsense as other Cork fans have embarrassed themselves with on this site about this matter already.

I haven't at any stage at all tarred all city fans with it and its quite obvious I haven't so that again is absolute nonsense to distract from the real issue. Some City fans on this site have been more interested in trying desperately to find a problem with grammar and how things were worded than the actual racism. I can remember one so far that has outright condemned what was said and even he tried the pathetic I'm only fishing line first. I will say one last time I detest racism and I was disgusted with what happened using it for petty point scoring is not what this is as ye well know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No arguments with the assessment of his performance last night, but to be fair to him he's been at or near that level for most of the season (at least when playing in midfield). Understandably Maguire gets most of the plaudits, but the addition of McCormack's been a major factor in our improvement this year.
    He's an excellent player.

Top pro with a great attitude.

I'd have him here at Dundalk anytime but yanno some of these Carlingford lads would rather bypass the town on the road before they'd let on or say that the town or clubs within it exist

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    On the racial thing from last Friday, apparently my father was one of the people who told him to cop on, he also assured me that a Cork City board member was made well aware of what happened and who made the comments.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    On the incident in Limerick- I've no issue with it being raised. The problem with the other thread was that along with this incident it had various other attacks on Cork City, and then people complaining about these being mentioned in reply. So the whole thing became an abject mess. I strongly suspect that was exactly what was intended by the OP, it was either that or the incident was a convenient excuse to attack a club and concepts he doesn't like. Now arguably the discussion is off topic here too, but given the teams are meeting again it somewhat fits. But people are allowed to discuss the game itself and indeed all the other games, anything suggesting otherwise will be binned. As will the whole thread if things descend into a massive mess again.

On the incident itself, I find it weird to place all blame on CCFC people and not the stewards at the game. If what was shouted was audible on the field surely some of them would have heard it too. Hopefully the individual will be dealt with having been identified to the club and kept away from football.

Honestly, the only fair outcome is to relegate both Limerick and Cork City. Big Dundalk coronation at Finn Park after a massive party in Louth in the meantime. Everyone wins.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Honestly, the only fair outcome is to relegate both Limerick and Cork City. Big Dundalk coronation at Finn Park after a massive party in Louth in the meantime. Everyone wins.
    Will there be a choir on hand from Limerick to sing "that's why you're champions"?

18. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    No. They will be exiting via the Ball Hopper gate.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    No. They will be exiting via the Ball Hopper gate.
    I didn't catch that, could you say it again a few more times?

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post

Thought it was a scrappy enough game full of bad passes and late tackles.

Rogers and Gartland are always two players that Dundalk fans love to vent about when things don't go to plan for us(and their haters were at it again last night on Twitter) but both done well i thought(Rogers especially),warriors for us in Hoare and Benson and i also thought Grimes done well when he came on.S O'D on as sub just at the right time.

Dooley and Sheppard very good for Cork - McNulty not no much.

An intriguing match alright but not one for the purist.
    I don't think it was ever going to be a classic given what was at stake.
    That Rogers save from Buckley in the first half had to be seen to be believed.
    Amazing how he managed to get to it.
    Yes he does make the odd mistake like our own Nults but he's still a fine keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Would the second half performance not be another negative? We were there for the taking after an awful first half but Cork never came out in the second half and it ended up costing you the game and winning the title against your rivals in front of a packed house. I'd be annoyed with JC for that
    A few down here were annoyed that we didn't push on but in hindsight everyone was happy with the draw as we only need two points from the available twelve to take the title.
    I'd say Caulfield was happy with the draw as like everyone else he probably felt that Dundalk needed the win to really stay in the chase.
    JC is that type of manager.
    He does things in his own way but I suppose if you asked any other club except Dundalk of course they'd be delighted if their manager could do the same.
    Last edited by disgruntled; 27/09/2017 at 2:58 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456