Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures - Friday 22nd Sept to Monday 25th Sept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Much as I don't want anyone to do a 4 in a row Caulfield losing from an unloseable position would almost make up for it.......when dundalk win on Monday and rte have to keep following cork around it will be hillarious
    The Cork lads love being on the telly.

Losing is just a ruse to get RTE to televise every game left in the season.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Oh dear. Things aren't looking great.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    We are serious doo doo now. One of these days we'll keep 11 on the pitch and give ourselves a chance. Looked dead and buried at 3-1 down, but then got a goal back and almost an equaliser. Monday is gonna be nerve wracking.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    A win Monday should be a huge step towards Europe after tonight's results. With the form we are in we should win but we always seem to screw it up against pats

6. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cork resorted to being a bunch of hackers when the game didn't go their way. Could have had an equaliser but they were very one dimensional. Work the wings and cross the ball, Maguire really did carry them to this title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Harps in deep muck, far to easy to score against and by all accounts should have lost by more tonight, Dundalk next who are pretty untouchable at the minute, I'd fear the worst at this stage, thanks again to the FAI for changing the goalposts before the season started.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Your best bet is dundalk lose Monday which I doubt and have nothing to play for against you guys. If they win which I expect them to then I can't see them dropping a point between now and the end of the season....can cork find 5 points ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Cork could lose 3 of their remaining 5 games and still win it. Dlk can finish on max of 74, they have 70, so 4 more points or a win on Monday does it for them.

But, and here it is, if they lose on Monday will they go into absolute free fall? A draw won't be enough now on Monday for them to win it, but I think they will be into possibly mid October now to win it as I don't see this Dundalk team losing on Monday, I think we might win actually, we only got going tonight when we needed to win it, never out of 3rd gear all night and rested 4 starters for Monday.

Interesting to note the GD is now equal for Cork and Dundalk, both on +45, Dlk with a goal more scored.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Cork could lose 3 of their remaining 5 games and still win it. Dlk can finish on max of 74, they have 70, so 4 more points or a win on Monday does it for them.

But, and here it is, if they lose on Monday will they go into absolute free fall? A draw won't be enough now on Monday for them to win it, but I think they will be into possibly mid October now to win it as I don't see this Dundalk team losing on Monday, I think we might win actually, we only got going tonight when we needed to win it, never out of 3rd gear all night and rested 4 starters for Monday.

Interesting to note the GD is now equal for Cork and Dundalk, both on +45, Dlk with a goal more scored.
    The League has been over this months.

Relax everyone!

I know use like stats and all but even if we win Monday they still have it won

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Just off my flight, stunned that we've gone and lost that. We're we that bad? This is getting a bit dodgy lads, on current form, dundalk will wipe the floor with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    The League has been over this months.

Relax everyone!

I know use like stats and all but even if we win Monday they still have it won
    Don't agree and I want them to win....they need 5 points on the form they are on that probably means 2 wins from final 4 games after you beat them on Monday.......can easily see them blowing it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    We are serious doo doo now. One of these days we'll keep 11 on the pitch and give ourselves a chance. Looked dead and buried at 3-1 down, but then got a goal back and almost an equaliser. Monday is gonna be nerve wracking.
    Bohs played with 3 forwards the worst left back in history, Dan Byrne at centre mid. I had predicted 4-3, 8-6 would have been a fair reflection.
    Mad stuff but entertaining
    Pats fans deserve better than Buckley..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I watched back the second half of the Limerick v Cork game, what was very noticeable was the lack of a leader on the pitch for Cork. I know Dunleavy is injured and Bennett was on the bench, but taking Bolger off and giving the captaincy to Robbie Williams who was at fault for the first goal? Madness.

I have no doubts Cork will still win the league, but I still think we'll win on Monday, what a game that is going to be, the inform side in the country under no pressure against a side in just dreadful form.

Still, I'd much prefer to be in Cork's position ofcourse, they have a chance to win it on their own pitch against the current champions, the odds will be interesting for this game. A loss for Cork and its 8 points with Dlk taking over on GD and goals scored, but Cork will then need only 4 points from the last 4.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Still, I'd much prefer to be in Cork's position ofcourse, they have a chance to win it on their own pitch against the current champions....
    Damn right. As delighted as I am that we have rebuilt the side and are looking good for the future, this is still Cork's season.

No better way to win it than dethroning the Champions on Monday. They should relish the opportunity, not be fearful of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Bohs played with 3 forwards the worst left back in history, Dan Byrne at centre mid. I had predicted 4-3, 8-6 would have been a fair reflection.
    Mad stuff but entertaining
    Pats fans deserve better than Buckley..
    Unfair on Bucko. Yeah, we've had a terrible season, but he is the man who brought us four trophies in four years, including the long awaited Cup win. Plus, we've played probably the best football I've seen from a Pats team under him. That gains him a lot of leeway with me. Would be horrible if he enðd up being the first manager to get us relegated. He doesn't deserve that.

On the game last night, yeah it was mad stuff. Akinade did the damage really. We found him very hard to handle. Got the first and then Peers pulled him down for the peno. Easy to say with hindsight, but Peers would have been better letting him go. If he'd scored there was still a lot of the game left, and I'd have fancied us to get something if it stayed 11 v 11.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Analysis: McDonald’s man-management vindicated by sweet Munster derby success: http://bit.ly/2hozQFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Kevin Devaney's goal last night was something special. We're not gone yet.

Hopefully Shamrock Rovers can do the business Monday night.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    A loss for Cork and its 8 points with Dlk taking over on GD and goals scored, but Cork will then need only 4 points from the last 4.
    I think in that scenario Cork would need 5 points to be certain because they may not have the edge on goal difference.

The irony of it all is that a draw at home would be an excellent result for Cork, as 2 further points would then get them over the line.

I expect John Caulfield to resort to type and play ultra conservative to try to eek out a draw and to set the scene for the one of the biggest anti-climatic league wins in league history

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    The best team wins the league, the rest are just also-rans, including dundalk.
    And Rovers, before you say it.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    The best team wins the league, the rest are just also-rans, including dundalk.
    And Rovers, before you say it.
    Over the course of the 33 games Cork will prove to be the best team by winning the league. That is unquestionable as is the assertion that they are certainly not the the best team on current form or results.

Their achievement will be rightfully acknowledged when they eventually stumble across the line, even if it is accompanied by significant concern in Cork about their prospects for next season.

It is amusing that you even mention Rovers in your post

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast