Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork League (Neutral Venue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Cork League (Neutral Venue)

So hardly expecting anything from this one are we? Nice to make Cork feel as at home as we possibly can though by giving them half of our own home section. After all they treated us so well down there.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    So hardly expecting anything from this one are we? Nice to make Cork feel as at home as we possibly can though by giving them half of our own home section. After all they treated us so well down there.
    €€€€ only reason I can think of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    €€€€ only reason I can think of.
    If we are that badly stuck that the difference of something like another 400 tickets is that badly needed then we are in trouble. Minnow move from us none of the proper clubs would do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The club making us look small time yet again. I wonder will we be looked after the same next week in turners cross.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    If we are that badly stuck that the difference of something like another 400 tickets is that badly needed then we are in trouble. Minnow move from us none of the proper clubs would do it.
    Like every club any extra €15 you can get through the gate is needed, be it 40 more people or 400 more. If we can get in a few more quid this week and next weekend then the chance has to be taken. Not really a minnow move considering the popular side is usually half empty. It would be different if we were packing the popular side on a regular basis and putting out loads of home support.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    It's only the east end of the popular side. Would be daft not to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Has to be brought into account too that fans that were banned and well known to be banned from Cork were in the ground the last day which Corks board knew full well and someone from within the club has said Cork have refused to send a list of people that are banned now these aren't people that have been banned for shouting something stupid like one of our fans are in Cork these are people banned for causing bother all over the country setting up organised fights and attacking rival fans including attacking Limerick fans with glass bottles previously. If there is trouble at this game its on our club imo if these lads start.

I'd have less of a problem with this if I felt our club would push for us to be accommodated in such a way I'd wager though the poor treatment of last time wasn't even brought up and if we are treated the exact same way next week nothing will be done again by our club while they bend over for the big boys. Like I said no hope Rovers, Bohs etc would have it happen if in the same situation. Small time attitude again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Usual live audio analysis, featuring Noel O'Connor, also available here: www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live

Weirdly, we had a much larger audience than expected the last time Limerick were televised, so we'll plough on regardless.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I don't have any problem with it. Give them extra space, take their money.

I'd say a max of 40-50 limerick fans will be affected, going by the notice on the club website.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Mountain out of a molehill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Mountain out of a molehill.
    Your right its as little as someone posting two letters of a name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    We won't actually make much money at all from it by the way the extra income of the ticket sales is wiped out by security costs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    No matter what anyone says this arrangement suites Cork City, surely they gave us something for being so accommodating besides the few quid we'll make off them from ticket sales alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc hammer View Post
    The club making us look small time yet again. I wonder will we be looked after the same next week in turners cross.
    You'll get more tickets than you need next week. Not like you would be bringing 1,000 to Cork. Plenty of room in the St. Annes for all of you.

We have an outside chance to win the league, its a short journey to Limerick for us (comparatively speaking), so lots of our fans want to be there in case we do manage to win it. Your club gets some much needed income (like any club can afford to turn away fans in this league). Your club will also look better as the game is on tv, and the stadium will be much more full as a result, which will hopefully encourage increased sponsorship, and for some casual/first time fans to be hooked on a partisan atmosphere.

By the way, the away end in Markets Field is awful, almost impossible for most fans to see the game. Could barely see Seanis goal earlier this season. I know the St. Annes isn't paradise but at least you can see the whole field.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    No matter what anyone says this arrangement suites Cork City, surely they gave us something for being so accommodating besides the few quid we'll make off them from ticket sales alone.
    What? Thats just stupid. You get 1,000 paying customers (actually I'm not sure if we have sold all 1,000 but I hope so), and considetring your average for the year is 1,538, that has to be a good thing. I see someone else mentioned that the security costs would be through the roof because of this, thats equally silly. Theres a large crowd traveling either way. Many would have tried to buy tickets for the home end, leading to more security issues. JKeepign us all in one or two areas makes us much easier to manage.

Enjoy the game, I know I will try to, and we'll see you back in Cork next week for the Semi final. Big week for your club, focus on the positives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Has to be brought into account too that fans that were banned and well known to be banned from Cork were in the ground the last day which Corks board knew full well and someone from within the club has said Cork have refused to send a list of people that are banned
    In total about 10 people are/have been banned this season. Banned from the Cross by the way doesn't mean banned all over the country. You should check out our forum, those individuals constantly give out about the club sending their details to other clubs, so it seems unlikely that we wouldn't pass that information onto any club that asked for it.

now these aren't people that have been banned for shouting something stupid like one of our fans are in Cork
    Wouldn't be you by any chance would it? You sound very bitter about the whole thign

I'd have less of a problem with this if I felt our club would push for us to be accommodated in such a way I'd wager though the poor treatment of last time wasn't even brought up and if we are treated the exact same way next week nothing will be done again by our club while they bend over for the big boys. Like I said no hope Rovers, Bohs etc would have it happen if in the same situation. Small time attitude again.
    Last game in Cork your fans set a flare off under a crowd cover. They need to be handled carefully in case they hurt themselves or others!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Your club hides perverts.

More in your line to take your faux concern to the city forum and find out what's being done about that.

Well done on the three post streak tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post

Wouldn't be you by any chance would it? You sound very bitter about the whole thign

Last game in Cork your fans set a flare off under a crowd cover. They need to be handled carefully in case they hurt themselves or others!
    You got me it's me that is banned from the cross. Mad then that I was complaining about the treatment of our fans the last day. Don't bother actually reading everything before you comment works well.

One of our fans did do something stupid that COULD have ended in bother at least yours go all the way with it like the las that nearly got himself killed up at Tolka (saved by a Limerick fan btw) and the lad that ended in an ambulance after attacking Limerick fans outside Thomond so you can see why I would worry about security with your lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

More in your line to take your faux concern to the city forum and find out what's being done about that.

Now now LTID that would be impossible as there is a vow of silence in place on that particular matter couldn't have something like that getting in the way of telling others how things should be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Assuming I know what you are talking about that man was acquitted. To the best of my know at least. Bit harsh there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast