Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: League fixtures 1st Sept.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Just had a look at the First Division table. That could yet go right down to the last game of the season, which so happens to be Cobh v Waterford.

A huge night for Harps though. What a game it's going to be in Finn Park on Saturday week against Sligo.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Decent game in Oriel until the penalty and the sending off. Two teams playing the ball well.

The sending off changed all that. Whatever about the penalty decision, why was the player sent off? He wasn't the last man, as far as I saw. Was it dissent?

Dundalk could, and should, have scored 10 after that. Pats crumbled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Good win for Rovers well deserved on the night. Great win for harps ...sqeeky bum time at the bottom.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Just had a look at the First Division table. That could yet go right down to the last game of the season, which so happens to be Cobh v Waterford.
    Nah, my money is on Waterford clinching it in the next game v Wexford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Good win for Rovers well deserved on the night. Great win for harps ...sqeeky bum time at the bottom.
    Were Rovers very good or is this new Cork side bang average?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Great win for the Rovers is something special starting with this team? 1st team in a few seasons that genuinely excites and gives ****. MASSIVE OWN GOAL FROM THE CLUB THOUGH CLOSING PARTS OF THE EAST STAND WHERE THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN FLARES AND MOVING EVERYONE FROM THOSE SECTIONS INTO THE SECTIONS WHERE THE FLARES ARE LET OFF, THE MIND BOGGLES. THE REASON YEP YOU GUESSED IT FLARES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    What would you prefer the club do nothing and have the stand closed by the FAI? The club did the minimum to be seen to be making an effort. Massive inconvenience to fans to ask them to move 20 seats along ?? Great win that's all that matters

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Great win for the Rovers is something special starting with this team? 1st team in a few seasons that genuinely excites and gives ****. MASSIVE OWN GOAL FROM THE CLUB THOUGH CLOSING PARTS OF THE EAST STAND WHERE THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN FLARES AND MOVING EVERYONE FROM THOSE SECTIONS INTO THE SECTIONS WHERE THE FLARES ARE LET OFF, THE MIND BOGGLES. THE REASON YEP YOU GUESSED IT FLARES.
    I don't think the flares are the problem they're trying to solve with this solution its probably more about the pitch invasions, I'd guess the thinking is that by closing off the sides you get everyone in a smaller area so its easier to keep people off the pitch since you've only to cover 50/60 meters instead of 90/100

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Not sure it was the Fai who ordered this TBH, what i would like is not to sanctioned for something that has never happened where i or my friends support the team from and yes you are right it was brill tonight. A number of us made these points to the Sergent in charge and chief steward and they agreed it was a nonsensical way to deal with the issues flagged for the closure on the club website
    Flares are also regularly let off in the away section which is actually at the end of the stand yet that remained unrestricted/open.
    Put a robust fence 4 foot proud of the wall down the middle 2 or 3 sections of the stand where the pitch is regularly encroached, search people going in for flares and steward the game properly. Explain to me how closing the 2 ends of the east stand solves, pitch encroachment, flares and fans standing in stairwells because i must be missing something

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I don't think the flares are the problem they're trying to solve with this solution its probably more about the pitch invasions, I'd guess the thinking is that by closing off the sides you get everyone in a smaller area so its easier to keep people off the pitch since you've only to cover 50/60 meters instead of 90/100
    No one gets on the pitch from the end sections though and what happens when a 5 k crowd is expected or has the ground capacity now been reduced to reflect these new arrangements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I guess if a capacity crowd is expected the club can open those sections again as they could afford more stewards to go the lengt of the pitch .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I guess if a capacity crowd is expected the club can open those sections again as they could afford more stewards to go the lengt of the pitch .
    Be great to get a capacity crowd do not think we will see it this season maybe next year if the team stays together ah but seriously the club named the issues in their website article how does the solution they implemented tonight solve the issues. Getting Croly or Fenlon back would sort this, no excitement so reduced instances of pitch encroachments, reduced attendences, less likely to be flares let off,,,,ah yiz get the picture...i am off to me cot, still luv ya Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Great night !
    Can't wait for next season....cups will keep it interesting with the league over......Cork can't possibly lose....can they......hopefully not

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Probably the weirdest game I ever witnessed.

1st half Harps were like "There is no way you can match our footballing incompetence!"
    Once Harps scored Limerick were like "Hold my drink".
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Atrocious second half in Limerick.

Harps came to defend deep and hit us on the break, and it worked for them. They nicked a goal and we wasted our chance to get back into it. The first half was ok, but the second was agony. Harps put 10 men behind the ball and we hadn't the slightest idea of how to break them down. We just passed back and forth aimlessly in front of them, causing them no problems at all. In keystone cops fashion, they got another when our defenders and keeper waited for each other to do something, and their striker just nipped in to nick the ball and tap into an empty net.

Awful awful stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Great performance by Dundalk last night. Michael Duffy has really come good the last few weeks. We would have won without the penalty and sending off. Jim McKell had another of his auditions as the new Buttimer. I don't think it was a penalty and I've no idea why he sent off Bermingham. That goal and then a second before half time just killed Pats. Any word on Barry Murphy? He looked in a bad way when he was injured.
    It's a pity that we are so far behind Cork as we are playing some great stuff at the moment but if we play like that in the cups I think it'll be hard for any of the teams left to beat us.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Great win for Rovers last night, against a team who offer no threat up front.
    Grace looks our best defender already, 17yr old Bolger was in his element in the middle of the pitch, and Clarke is just a beautiful diamond of a player.
    Keep this going, and Rovers will take home some silverware this season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Galway were excellent for last 20 mins last night.Enough chances to win it.Bohs should have been out of sight after a decent first half.
    Both sides guilty of poor finishing.
    Galway plus a striker would be comfortably mid table.
    Bohs have had a rerrible 4 weeks and don't look fit.Will scrape away until end of the season and just about stay up.
    Apparently a league 2 Clun has made an offer for Fuade Sole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Great win for Rovers last night, against a team who offer no threat up front.
    Grace looks our best defender already, 17yr old Bolger was in his element in the middle of the pitch, and Clarke is just a beautiful diamond of a player.
    Keep this going, and Rovers will take home some silverware this season.
    Couldn't agree more, can you imagine how good Bolger will be if he is still here in 2 or 3 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Great performance by Dundalk last night. Michael Duffy has really come good the last few weeks. We would have won without the penalty and sending off. Jim McKell had another of his auditions as the new Buttimer. I don't think it was a penalty and I've no idea why he sent off Bermingham. That goal and then a second before half time just killed Pats. Any word on Barry Murphy? He looked in a bad way when he was injured.
    It's a pity that we are so far behind Cork as we are playing some great stuff at the moment but if we play like that in the cups I think it'll be hard for any of the teams left to beat us.
    Murphy looked in serious pain. He rushed out to close down McMillan who lofted the ball over him. There must have been contact afterwards, it looked like his arm or shoulder was injured.

I couldn't tell if it was a penalty. A little ball was played behind the defender to McMillan and just before he got his shot off, he fell backwards as if he was pulled back. The ref wasn't going to give it but the linesman did.

The thing that really damaged Pats was the sending off in the aftermath. What was that all about?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast