Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's games

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Both, stu, both.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Written analysis of Limerick/Bohs contained within: http://bit.ly/2wkcmM3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    Some real scumbags among the Shamrock support in EDP last night. In fairness the majority seem like decent folk.
    If they plan on challenging Dundalk & Cork they need to get a proper manager in. Bradley is a chancer & an ignorant p***k. I really hope they miss out on Europe.

As for Galway, I didn't expect to get anything out of the game given our record against them. The Sligo result is a kick in the teeth. Pat's will be sound.
    It's looking like 2 from Galway, Harps & Sligo. If Limerick lose tonight they'll be right in the mix too.
    That's way OTT to be fair. Most were well ****ed. It's not as if they ran over to our section taunting us.
    Bradley is a joke but maybe learning, it was the first time I've ever seen him make a tactical change to positively change things for Rovers.

We played v well in first half and deserved a point but Sligo and Limerick's wins makes things look very dodgy again.
    Probably 2 from Galway, Sligo and Harps to join Drogs but we play at Bohs next, if we were to win up there again they'd be starting to look over their shoulders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Well, that was brutal. Again, our dreadful defending leads to a hammering against Dundalk. Granted, we've got four points off Dundalk this year, better than expected. Though that's eight goals conceded in the last two games.
    Dundalk were good, playing like they really should be. They've such great quality.

Ah well, we've three weeks off now to regroup. Need to work hard to secure third place, it's all very tight.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Derry 0-4 Dundalk. 14 points the gap now, although we've a game in hand. We haven't been great since the two lads left, but still should have enough to get over the line. 3 points tomorrow is crucial really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    3 points tomorrow is crucial really
    I think you're being a bit over-dramatic there. Dundalk seem to be coming good, but no chance Cork will be caught. Ye's can easily afford to draw, or even lose, a few games between now and the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    I think you're being a bit over-dramatic there. Dundalk seem to be coming good, but no chance Cork will be caught. Ye's can easily afford to draw, or even lose, a few games between now and the end of the season.
    Probably am being dramatic, but if we lost tomorrow, our next two league games are away to rovers and home to dundalk, very tough games. I'm just eager to get it done with, league titles don't come around too often for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Probably am being dramatic, but if we lost tomorrow, our next two league games are away to rovers and home to dundalk, very tough games. I'm just eager to get it done with, league titles don't come around too often for us.
    Dundalk are in the league cup final the weekend of the Cork game so that will be moved to midweek somewhere down the line.
    Cork have the league won and a couple of defeats isn't going to change that. If it was only 7 or 8 points I'd be confident of pushing them close but 14 points with a game in hand and only 8 games left for Cork and 7 for us is too much. It would take a collapse that has never been seen before for Cork to lose the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Dundalk are in the league cup final the weekend of the Cork game so that will be moved to midweek somewhere down the line.
    Cork have the league won and a couple of defeats isn't going to change that. If it was only 7 or 8 points I'd be confident of pushing them close but 14 points with a game in hand and only 8 games left for Cork and 7 for us is too much. It would take a collapse that has never been seen before for Cork to lose the league.
    Hopefully that game against yourselves is not arranged for the midweek after that cup final, as I'll be in Krakow. It would take a massive collapse but I just want points on board sooner rather than later to get it sealed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    in regard to the horror at the pitch invasion,

We were 1 nil down with 10 mins to go and went 2 :1 up in the last minute, in a game we had to win to stand any chnce of catching derry for a place in Europe
    Get a grip will ye !
    Ya, what is wrong with these people whats a wee pitch invasion among friends, just a little bit of harmless exuberance for lovable rogues, but hey, if they complain too much, it will be a bottle throwing session against childer the next time and rightly so.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    bye, enjoy the 1st division
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    That's way OTT to be fair. Most were well ****ed. It's not as if they ran over to our section taunting us.
    I've said twice now it was a tiny minority maybe 16/17 idiots. The rest of the Shamrock Rovers fans were bang on, no problems with them. And in fairness to them they brought a good atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    With the the fai cup every two weeks, that cork v dlk match will probably be moved to October.

Anyway I've no idea why any cork fan should be in any state of panic, they can lose at least 3 more games and still win it comfortably.

Dundalk probably have runners up spot sorted it's all about the margins now, see you next year etc.
    Last edited by oriel; 21/08/2017 at 8:06 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Jesus, Sean must be some saint if he can judge people to be scumbags based on running onto a field for a few seconds. I'd hate to hear what he calls his enemies.

Anyway, good win. Didn't really see what happened with Shaw and Ludden but if he deliberately shoved him into a wall he deserves a ban and owes Ludden a huge apology.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Jesus, Sean must be some saint if he can judge people to be scumbags based on running onto a field for a few seconds.
    Maybe slightly harsh, but it's certainly moronic behaviour. I don't think it should be so causally dismissed as innocent.
    For comparison, pitch invasion is a criminal offence in the north. There's been prosecutions and lifetime bans fired out.
    And regardless of all that, it gives the FAI another excuse to fine clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Hopefully that game against yourselves is not arranged for the midweek after that cup final, as I'll be in Krakow. It would take a massive collapse but I just want points on board sooner rather than later to get it sealed.
    I know how you feel. When the media are using terms like "champions-elect", it makes fans nervous, as we know there is no such thing and nothing can be taken for granted in football. It reminds me of the 2015 season. We were so far ahead, not as much as Cork now though, but our form started to falter. Richie Towell grabbed an equaliser in Tallaght to seal the title.

With so many teams fighting for their lives this season, it will not be easy picking up wins. But 14 points and a game is a huge advantage. Even if Corks form collapses, I still expect them to fall over the line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    I think the only real mover this weekend in the title run is that the winning margin by Cork will be significantly reduced.

They may have to wait a little longer, but they only need 8 more points from 8 games, assuming we win all of ours.

What do they need to be worried about?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Maybe slightly harsh, but it's certainly moronic behaviour. I don't think it should be so causally dismissed as innocent.
    For comparison, pitch invasion is a criminal offence in the north. There's been prosecutions and lifetime bans fired out.
    And regardless of all that, it gives the FAI another excuse to fine clubs.
    Exactly. It only helps the FAI. As far as I know both clubs get a fine when away fans do a pitch invasion.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post

Pat's will be sound.
    Our next 2 league games are Dundalk away and Rovers at home, we could find ourselves back in the relegation zone with 5 games to go, far from safe just yet

4-0 was harsh on Harps on Friday night, it was only 1-0 in the 85th minute and they missed a sitter, we then went up and got the second and their heads dropped followed by the sending off and then 2 goals in injury time.

Sligo winning was a kick in the teeth, we would have been 5 clear of them with a game in hand had Cork done their job, we could have relaxed a bit with that lead.
    Here on a technicality.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Jesus, Sean must be some saint if he can judge people to be scumbags based on running onto a field for a few seconds. I'd hate to hear what he calls his enemies.

Anyway, good win. Didn't really see what happened with Shaw and Ludden but if he deliberately shoved him into a wall he deserves a ban and owes Ludden a huge apology.
    I am very surprised to hear about Gary Shaw as he never did any of this whilst with us. What on earth happened during this match?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast