Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shamrock rovers (H)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I hate to have a go at the lad, but Dean Clarke should have buried the chance that fell to him in the first minute. It may have been a different game if that had gone in as I thought we looked comfortable in the first half. I don't know what Shamrock did to the old Clarke but between them and our current management's insistence on playing him at right back they have knocked all attacking instinct out of the lad.

It's also a joke at this point that they're playing Dave O'Connor left-back. How in the name of god is a manager of McDonald's experience not playing Tracey over him in that position I'll never know. And the less said about the lack of recruitment of a notable left back by the club in this window. The club is being run like a Division 1 club on and off the field. Relegation beckons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Our entire back 4 are one giant embarrassment the only other premier club any one of em would even get a sniff of is Drogs. The utter panic some of em get into because a football is at their feet is just sad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The back four is a big massive pile of vomit.

We have actually killed Shane Duggans love of football.

How Tosi doesn't start that game is beyond me.

We are a ****in disgrace defending set pieces. I can't for the life of me understand how a full time team can be bad at set pieces. I ask again what the hell are they doing all week. Noel O Connor must have to take a tray of Xanax before commentating on that.

Another thing about Limerick FC while I'm here. With about fifteen to go rovers brought on this twelve year old midget. He got stuck in, busted Bastien, played a few tidy balls, got up and down the field and looked a real prospect. Meanwhile we parade Barry Cotter around like he's the product of anything other than back scratching and laziness. I'm not having a cut off the youngfella before a posse of Josephine's rides in. It's not his fault. But he's not good enough. He can't play the position. He shouldn't be there.

We need five points from out next three league games.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    The utter panic some of em get into because a football is at their feet is just sad.
    Crowe also ? No better than the others ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    How Tosi doesn't start that game is beyond me.
    If we were talking bible, its of sorrowful mystery proportions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Not from anything I've seen anyway. He got bullied by their striker today too.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Tonight was the first time I've got a chance to see Crowe play. There are far better CB's in the League of Ireland. Our back four was shocking tonight, completely bullied by Shaw. Rovers didn't do much to impress me at all and still won handy. Standard in the league outside of Cork and Dundalk is awful this season. Cotter has some potential but you could see by the end of the game his confidence was completely shot.

Can't understand why McDonald got booed off but then the players got clapped off seconds later. Better to do neither after a performance like last night in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 16/08/2017 at 8:35 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Not from anything I've seen anyway. He got bullied by their striker today too.
    Crow is the best of a bad bunch that's just about it, I find strange releasing so many experienced players at a time when they were needed most, Williams is a huge loss to us for and against set plays, Kelly was released and should have been kept on, it is obvious the manager doesnt have plans for tracey yet we still have no replacement for him at left back, Shane Duggan was one of our best players last few years looks like he would rather play footgolf. Our problems are at the top to bottom and needs mc Donald to show what he's got to sort it playing so many players out of position is not the answer. the next 3 games are crucial imo we need to win two.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post

Can't understand why McDonald got booed off but then the players got clapped off seconds later. .
    That's pretty dumb if true.

Edit: My father tells me this happened as well. Now, I'm not going to sit here and start defending McDonald against every charge against him or anything like this, but his struggles are far from the central problem at the club, a club that consistently has trouble signing players no matter who the manager is, that seems to go from acting like the richest club in Ireland to acting like paupers every other season, and took way too long to appoint a new manager when they had to.

We've lost to Dundalk, Derry and Shams in the last few weeks. The performances were bad, but let's not act like losing those games is some gigantic twist of fate. The Galway/Sligo performances concern me way more. It's the next few games that will make or break McDonald, and this squad, not those against teams chasing Europe.
    Last edited by NeverFeltBetter; 16/08/2017 at 10:52 AM.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    My understanding of the booing followed by cheering was that it was the superfans drowning out booing from the bold boys.

I'd imagine anyone that would actually boo the manager then applaud the players last night would struggle to find their way to the Markets Field on their own/tie their own laces

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    The current teams problems emanate from the back four. You could have one of them and three good players and get away with it but instead we have four very average to poor players. kelly replaced by u19 cotter, paudie replaced by his 19s understudy whitehead, Williams replaced by loanee crowe and Robson replaced by Williams understudy o'connor.
    They are so limited that our center mids have to retreat and help out, in turn our wide players are encouraged to tuc in but by doing this we now have no supply to our forward (s)
    This situation = 0 goals.
    We need to stop acquiring stikers and wingers and get 4 defenders. Btw where is Freddy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    While I agree with most of what you say about our back four, I wouldn't absolve our midfield of blame so quickly. It is SO easy to find space between our midfield lines and between our midfield and back four. This was even obvious in the first division last season. I don't think we have one midfielder who can tackle and we have none who have defensive discipline.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Personally didn't like that not one limerick player backed up Kenny when he was surrounded by rovers players.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    Personally didn't like that not one limerick player backed up Kenny when he was surrounded by rovers players.
    We'll spotted .. poor reflection on the "team"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That cleaning out the deadwood and applauding the board for the nerves of steel is going well ...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Agree re. midfield. Thought Hery was decent last night in spots but Duggie was brutal again and they're not a coherent unit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Secret club sources inform me that the blue army have been contacted by the board in relation to a complaint made by a supporter about their bad language.

To the person who complained. You are a sad man. And football possibly isn't your sport. You sad man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Secret club sources inform me
    Could you ask them if there is a few bob around or what ?

I'm mad to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    According to my top secret club sources that my secret club sources don't know about because they are that secret the money is holed up in Wexford waiting for Pat to share his toy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast