Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sligo Rovers (H)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    And you can listen back to Limerick Soccer Live's real-time take on same here: http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/showreel/limerick-fc-0-0-sligo-rovers-jul-22-pd/

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Good stuff Alan.

Disapointing last night, little consistency from half to half, ten minute spell to ten minute spell. Almost seems like the squad is sleepwalking to a 7th/8th place spot, hoping those below don't pick it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Sleepwalking seems an apt word to use, yes.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    First half absolutely woeful , can understand why Robbie Williams was dropped has been struggling and to me should be much fitter than he is but when he's on his game our best defender for sure , winger and a centre half as full backs how in the **** has it come to this , think david o Connor is decent but he's not a full back and neither is dean Clarke, though crowe was good last night Cameron jury still out better but did not show much for the level he was playing at , I know it was only a friendly but kenny was good after coming on against Charlton so surely he should have been given a start very impressive after coming on yet again Coughlan gets a start and fails to impress same old faults he's running out of chances at this stage , I will judge mc donald when he has the chance to bring in some of his own players we seem to be working on a shoe string when it comes to bringing in players , though Sligo played well the big fellow up front was impressive wherever they got him from with the way we played first half we were blessed to come away with a point, I will take a 7th or 8th place finish at this stage just not to get dragged into the dog fight is the main thing

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    And you can listen back to Limerick Soccer Live's real-time take on same here: http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/showreel/limerick-fc-0-0-sligo-rovers-jul-22-pd/
    Listened for the first time last night. To be totally honest I went to 95FM first (wanted to hear Taylor) but it wouldn't seem to start on my phone. I was very impressed though, I'll definitely be back when I can't get to games going forward.

Sounds like there was more drama off the pitch than on it, one of those nights!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lims4ever View Post
    Sligo played well the big fellow up front was impressive wherever they got him
    Igiehon, came from the Evo Stick Northern Premier in England, level 7 or 8 not sure which on the pyramid there, semi pro level most likely anyhow. Some spot going on last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Circus season starts earlier every year

I'm backing McDonald.

Good times ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Listened for the first time last night. To be totally honest I went to 95FM first (wanted to hear Taylor) but it wouldn't seem to start on my phone. I was very impressed though, I'll definitely be back when I can't get to games going forward.
    Thanks for that; always very encouraging to get such positive feedback.

And Igiehon is from Level 8's Scarborough Athletic, as mentioned in the analysis above, and on last night's live broadcast. And, yes, he is some spot; a testament to Sligo's ongoing across-the-water scouting efforts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Enjoyable read again Allan. Wondering what you think of Cameron? Surely Kenny has to start ahead of him next week. Real wingers are a scarce commodity. I still think Tracey and Kelly should start as our full backs. Their both better defensively and can cross a ball with some degree of accuracy. Tosi will score more if he gets the supply which as you have pointed out is strange to see him continually substituted when wide players are brought on.
    Are you covering the Derry match next week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    From what I have read on Henry, he's not an out-an-out winger; it seems he prefers to play on the left, and cut in on his stronger right peg, in the vein of an inside-forward. That might put his deeply underwhelming performance last night in a bit of context -- certainly Stephen would have been far more effective up against Regan Donelon, who was cut apart by Turner in February.

The Derry game is a difficult one due to Maginn's facilities, or lack thereof. I will be onto the club, however, to see what they can do for me. Transport is also a concern; mainly for financial reasons, to put it honestly and bluntly. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Sound Allan, keep up the good work. 👍

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Kelly not in the squad,Williams dropped,well all that orange juice does take its toll...good on you Neil showing some balls but you have plenty more to deal with,lots of dirty linen on and off the pitch to clean up yet and beware Neil because that dirty linen has some lice in it that is working hard behind the scenes to undermine your efforts.aah ..and yes the media,like some of our lice ..unprofessional albeit currently saved by the the very professional Alan o Brien and Noel o Connor who know their stuff .midtable is fine for this season i hope Neil gets it done despite the washing ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Orange juice? Lice? You're over reaching. Just say what you want to say. This isn't the bloody Da Vinci Code.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Kelly not in the squad,Williams dropped,well all that orange juice does take its toll...good on you Neil showing some balls but you have plenty more to deal with,lots of dirty linen on and off the pitch to clean up yet and beware Neil because that dirty linen has some lice in it that is working hard behind the scenes to undermine your efforts.aah ..and yes the media,like some of our lice ..unprofessional albeit currently saved by the the very professional Alan o Brien and Noel o Connor who know their stuff .midtable is fine for this season i hope Neil gets it done despite the washing ahead.
    Oh yeah .. The fish rots from the head down ! It's the usual suspects positioning themselves for the new owner and sharpening the knives for the current owner that's a problem. It wasn't us it was him ... honest guv!! Meanwhile Rome burns ...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Orange juice? Lice? You're over reaching. Just say what you want to say. This isn't the bloody Da Vinci Code.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    If it comes down to McDonald vs the players which I think it is going to for a lot of em then McDonald has my 100% backing too I hope he blows this squad up they are the only thing that hasn't really changed in 2 or 3 years and some of em have gotten far too comfortable time for a few cages to be rattled.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Oh and the clubs own media man setting it up so that an ex manager who has himself and people connected to him been attacking the club on social media for years to be a guest on local radio for the game is beyond ridiculous. Some people wanna get their heads out of their holes and start acting some bit professional about their jobs at the club.
    doesnt another ex manager of limerick commentate on games and you dont seem to have a problem with that?? now i wouldnt be the biggest fan of taylor myself but itd be interesting to hear his opinion considering he worked under the current owner....also very harsh going after the local radio team considering all the publicity they give the club.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    Player private messaged a fan on Facebook abusing him tonight. Think fans have a right to be negative lately to be fair.
    what player was it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superblues37 View Post
    doesnt another ex manager of limerick commentate on games and you dont seem to have a problem with that?? now i wouldnt be the biggest fan of taylor myself but itd be interesting to hear his opinion considering he worked under the current owner....also very harsh going after the local radio team considering all the publicity they give the club.....
    Here we go again the great Limerick tradition of arguing against a point that was never made. You show me one bit of that message that was having a go at any local radio team?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    As I said before for the Pats game, the last time I listened to 95FM's commentary, their comments on McDonald throughout were bizarrely aggressive, bordering on personal. It was one of those times where they sounded like they wanted the opposition to win. I honestly don't know what's happening there, I'm clearly out of the loop, but I did think it was very unprofessional.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast