Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Imagine what Rovers could do if they actually had a Manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Great well deserved win. Bradley has done a great job considering the number of new players introduced this season. Our form since the first round of games has been very good. Already looking forward to next season which is a bit sad really really good performance today one of the best of the season.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Credit where credit is due - Rovers fully deserved their win.

They were full of energy when pressing Dundalk high up the pitch and forcing errors.

Excellent display by Graham Burke.

Gamesmanship, time wasting from first half and sideline antics from Rovers entourage were irritating - but then I suppose that was the intention!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    With Bray slipping into 5th place with an extra game played I wonder will the mystery money man have second thoughts.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Credit where credit is due - Rovers fully deserved their win.

They were full of energy when pressing Dundalk high up the pitch and forcing errors.

Excellent display by Graham Burke.

Gamesmanship, time wasting from first half and sideline antics from Rovers entourage were irritating - but then I suppose that was the intention!
    Crisps and minerals were lovely though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    No marching round the town prematch from the old regular spot CD?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Nah, it was too warm and I left my parasol at home with my umbrella.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    The Emerald has closed down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Dreadful stuff by Dundalk yesterday, awful to watch and even a draw would have probably have flattered us. Rovers keeper made one save in 90 minutes, and that was in the first min. These guys need to really lift themselves, and quickly, still plenty to play for in the final 3 months.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    In fairness to Dundalk your incentive was to move 15 points clear of 3rd place, ours was to fight to make sure we make it into Europe next year.
    I'd call that two pretty different motivators.
    That being said you were at home and SK couldn't have been happy with performance.
    Might have a few pound on number of goals in your next match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Hard fought win for Derry in Finn Park last night. Probably just about deserved a win, but 2-0 was a bit flattering.
    Ronan Curtis was dropped pre-match due to "disciplinary reasons", so couple of changes in the squad.

We couldn't seem to get the ball off Harps for the first half hour, though their chances were limited. Houston's header in the box was a great opportunity to go ahead mind.
    Second half, we came a lot more into it and began to control the game. In saying that, we just did our usual away from home thing of passing about a lot, without showing much intention of attacking. Shiels would have been happy with a draw.
    Two well taken goals, nice to see Darren Cole off the mark, he looks a quality player.
    Lovely pass from Patterson to find McEneff, who rounded Gallagher and scored.

The referee, Ray Matthews, had a poor game IMO. Some very strange decisions, mostly to the benefit of Harps.

A special mention for Eoin Toal, 18 years old and made his first start last night. Got him from Armagh, and looks a real talent.

On Harps, I think they'll be ok this season. I'd hazard a guess that they'll finish above Bohs.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    What was the deal with the 'Go back to your own league' flag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Finn Harps - Derry City highlights:

https://t.co/ttOh28ZSra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Hard fought win for Derry in Finn Park last night. Probably just about deserved a win, but 2-0 was a bit flattering.
    Ronan Curtis was dropped pre-match due to "disciplinary reasons", so couple of changes in the squad.

We couldn't seem to get the ball off Harps for the first half hour, though their chances were limited. Houston's header in the box was a great opportunity to go ahead mind.
    Second half, we came a lot more into it and began to control the game. In saying that, we just did our usual away from home thing of passing about a lot, without showing much intention of attacking. Shiels would have been happy with a draw.
    Two well taken goals, nice to see Darren Cole off the mark, he looks a quality player.
    Lovely pass from Patterson to find McEneff, who rounded Gallagher and scored.

The referee, Ray Matthews, had a poor game IMO. Some very strange decisions, mostly to the benefit of Harps.

A special mention for Eoin Toal, 18 years old and made his first start last night. Got him from Armagh, and looks a real talent.

On Harps, I think they'll be ok this season. I'd hazard a guess that they'll finish above Bohs.
    I'd agree with a lot of that, except it's funny, we said pretty much the opposite of the ref in that he gave an awful lot of kind decisions to Derry. Safe to say, he was just brutal all round.

Chances were limited for both teams. Aside from two soft goals from a Harps perspective, I thought we probably had the better of the few chances in the game. Ger Doherty made a couple of important saves, one on one from both Caolan McAleer and BJ Banda and then Houston as mentioned was unlucky to put a header just wide of the post.

Eoin Toal looks a cracking young player.

It was decent entertainment though from two young sides. But Harps really missed McCourts guile in there and the sooner Barry Molloy is fully fit again the better as we really need him in centre mid.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    In fairness to Dundalk your incentive was to move 15 points clear of 3rd place, ours was to fight to make sure we make it into Europe next year.
    I'd call that two pretty different motivators.
    That being said you were at home and SK couldn't have been happy with performance.
    Might have a few pound on number of goals in your next match.
    I hadn't realised until Monday that this was Rovers first win in Oriel Park in the league since 2011, seems a long time, but I also remember it was a long time when Dundalk beat Rovers at home in 2013 from the last win too at the venue v Rovers, granted 7 years were in the FD though.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123