Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galway away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Analysis of last night's game...

Galway United 3-1 Limerick: Leaderless Limerick capitulate to teak-tough Tribesmen

...and you can listen back to last night's broadcast here, if so minded: http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-liv...k-fc-jul-7-pd/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Maybe its the west coast that our boys dont like. Maybe they get hypnotized by the greenery into believing that they are on their holidays. Game over at half time in harps, game over at half time in sligo and now game over by half time last night to Galway and all lost without ever putting in a tackle. Thank god we dont have to repeat certain losses up the coast in this season that has yet to start.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Disappointing result but not all that surprising ,managers decisions strange to say the least,after that in was a case of cuda...shuda,,,,but didnt...a and maybe some of the players will take a look at themselves in the light of recent visits to our local thirst quenchers to sample some.....orange juice and decide if they want to be true pro,s.good travelling support,hardly a standout player for us..again......Galway battled away Grace and Folan excellent.Enjoyed audio coverage of Alan o Brien and Noel o Connor time delay and all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    What we have gathered together is a squad that has far too many brainless, gutless and clueless players. Honestly how many times has it been now in the last 3 years with this group when we have been in touching distance of doing what the aim was and we absolutely bottle it? Think Longford at home the year we went down the second leg against Harps Pats twice last year and about five occasions this year. I keep getting the line from people this season that we are back in the premier and every week is hard to get points in this league, I'll tell you what weeks weren't hard to get points this week for Galway the week we played Harps up there for Harps the week we played Sligo in Sligo for Sligo. The amount of average to garbage players in the squad that was allowed to happen by keeping Russell in charge is a joke.

And anyone going on with the just staying up is the aim thing is only fooling themselves are we gonna just constantly ignore everything the club says? Even if it was stupid of them to keep saying Europe is the aim then hold them accountable for talking rubbish at least don't just keep ignoring it and accepting failure.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Last night was unacceptable and to my mind is down to the bad buying decisions (or lack of) at the start of the season. But lads getting stuck into the new manager and saying he's the new stuart taylor is a bit OTT in my opinion.

We tend to build ourselves up wayyy too much, just look at all the talk this week about Europe and how the match against Rovers next week would be massive. So when the crash comes, it comes hard. One game at a time and take it from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centenary View Post
    Last night was unacceptable and to my mind is down to the bad buying decisions (or lack of) at the start of the season. But lads getting stuck into the new manager and saying he's the new stuart taylor is a bit OTT in my opinion.

We tend to build ourselves up wayyy too much, just look at all the talk this week about Europe and how the match against Rovers next week would be massive. So when the crash comes, it comes hard.One game at a time and take it from there.
    I would hardly consider it getting way ahead of ourselves to say that Rovers would have been massive if we beat Galway, we would have been 2 points behind them after all.

The whole take it one game at a time thing is cliche nonsense really isn't it. The fact is we could have set ourselves up very nicely in the table if we could beat the team bottom of the table instead for what must be the 3rd or 4th time this season the team bottom of the table had a handy 3 points off us and that has absolutely nothing to do with fans building things up or expecting too much. You don't need to have anything built up for crap lastnight to be a big crash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I supported the appointment of McDonald but his team selection and especially his substitutions are baffling. I am getting worried that he may be unable to do anything with the panel he has. Leaving on O Connor on last night defies logic and taking off Tosi while continuing to hoof the ball up to JOF made no sense. These are the calls Mcdonald is making in the heat of a game and there not effective. He's not made a good start. I really hope I'm proved wrong with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    In fairness to McDonald he is massively hampered by the awful squad the first spoofer was allowed put together or should I say the club were forced to put together cos of the spoofer they kept in charge. This is 3 different managers with the exact same situations over and over again and the only thing all 3 have in common?

Off the top of my head our squad is

Clarke
    Hall

Kelly
    O'Connor
    Whitehead
    Williams
    Crowe
    Tracy

Kenny
    Clarke
    Duggan
    Lee J
    Hery
    O'Conor
    O'Connell
    Cameron
    Turner
    Ogbene

Tosi
    Mulhall
    O'Flynn

Of all of those listed how many would you actually care about losing? How many of them would get anywhere near Rovers,Bray and Derry teams? I am not pleased with some of McDonalds decisions so far but I would be delighted if he wiped out almost all on that list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Completely agree with your assessment of the squad BWA. At most I'd keep 6 maybe 7. The rest can f*** off. Hopefully Mcdonald can bring in a few more and allow him to play the style he wants. I think he's realised that he needs more players than he originally thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    He needs to cop on himself too like our best creative player in Lee J stuck out on the wing where he can have very little influence on the game and the entire argument of going to 4-4-2 is supposedly to be more solid, hows that going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    This from above is spot on.

"The collective commitment that relegation-threatened Galway demonstrated here, overcoming their shortcomings to record a priceless win, should stand as a harsh lesson for Limerick’s playing-staff.
    The conditioning of several established first-teamers looks far from optimal, while other marquee, and presumably well-remunerated, names continually underperform.
    While the buck obviously stops with McDonald, who has certainly made some curious tactical calls since assuming the role in May, there is a growing sense that he has some significant rooting-out to do, if the character of Limerick’s squad is to match his lofty ambitions."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Soccer Republic did not make that any better.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Having calmed down a bit since Friday. I think the manager really needs to be given funds and free reign to get rid off half this squad and bring in his own lads. Worryingly there is little to no talk of any potential signings as far as I'm aware. Defence is a shambles. Need a striker too. Get rid of mulhall. Turner. Kenny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    Having calmed down a bit since Friday. I think the manager really needs to be given funds and free reign to get rid off half this squad and bring in his own lads. Worryingly there is little to no talk of any potential signings as far as I'm aware. Defence is a shambles. Need a striker too. Get rid of mulhall. Turner. Kenny.
    There is a lot more than those 3 you name that can go too tbh.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Soccer Republic did not make that any better.
    Couldn't bring myself to watch it. Trying to expunge from memory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12