Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Abroad 2017/18

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Randolph, Whelan and Murphy all gone from this. 1/3 now at Burnley.
    Bit of a disappointment at first glance anyway, but they're all experienced, known quantities so at this point it's not going to make a tremendous amount of difference to their abilities over the next four months and it's probably better for them to be playing in the Championship than bench-warming (or worse) in the Premier League - one question, though: If Rob Elliot becomes Number 1 at Newcastle and puts in some good performances, should he take over from Randolph, or does Darren remain our first-choice based on his performances to date and for the sake of continuity? All that said, we do need to have some of the emerging talent move up towards the top over the next twelve months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    QPR have released their squad numbers for the 2017/18 season: https://twitter.com/QPRFC/statuses/890512336162885632
    Ryan Manning will wear number 14, Olamide Shodipo has number 27, Reece Grego-Cox will wear 28
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Murphy(N Forest), Williams, O'Brien(Millwall), McGeady(Sunderland) and Keogh(Derby) all start as the Championship starts again.
    O'Shea, Gibson(Sunderland) and Pearce(Derby) on the bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    McGeady had a decent game and his set pieces were varied and generally very good. Keogh was solid for Derby.

Grayson didn't make any substitutions which was very odd, especially as Derby piled on a bit of pressure late on as Sunderland tired. Don't think I've seen that since Noel King desperately tried to cling on to a 2-0 defeat in Cologne.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 04/08/2017 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sean Maguire started but was subbed before Preston scored (though supposedly was well received by fans if sportsjoe are to be believed), Horgan didn't play at all, Boyle didn't make the bench. Forrester was left on the bench for Peterborough and didn't play either... Disappointing for the past few years of LOI departures to England today

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Forrester was left on the bench for Peterborough and didn't play either... Disappointing for the past few years of LOI departures to England today
    He has gone from captain to not starting today in a short time now, there is a loss of form and maybe he should have moved or wanted to move and didn't in the last window. Doughty came in from QPR in the summer, plays in the middle and is a big signing Peterborough raised a few eyebrows with, so CF will have to step up again, but he has it in him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    He has gone from captain to not starting today in a short time now, there is a loss of form and maybe he should have moved or wanted to move and didn't in the last window. Doughty came in from QPR in the summer, plays in the middle and is a big signing Peterborough raised a few eyebrows with, so CF will have to step up again, but he has it in him.
    Yeah I hadn't realised before today that he had lost the captaincy.. Loved watching him at pats so I hate seeing him left out, same for all the recent LOI players overseas.. Want to see them tearing it up over there

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    This James Collins is a right gas man. He had three prior promotions from League 2. Went back there this season. Scored a lovely hat trick on his debut for Luton. Looks to have a lot about him. You would wonder if being an accomplice to Carruthers at the races is the type of behaviour holding him back from moving up the divisions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    This James Collins is a right gas man. He had three prior promotions from League 2. Went back there this season. Scored a lovely hat trick on his debut for Luton. Looks to have a lot about him. You would wonder if being an accomplice to Carruthers at the races is the type of behaviour holding him back from moving up the divisions.
    Was he the lad with the DUI shortly before Villa moved him on ? Could be wrong.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Was he the lad with the DUI shortly before Villa moved him on ? Could be wrong.
    http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...-after-3034453

Looks like Barry Bannan was the driver but being present at something like that says enough.

He has a lot of goals to his name. You'd have to wonder what level he could be at if the head was screwed on.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    field gone to Bradford from Bradford on loan now wood b good time to get him into our 21s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    field gone to Bradford from Bradford on loan now wood b good time to get him into our 21s
    Will he have far to travel ?

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    The efl cup tonight. McDonnell on bench for Ipswich hope fully he can get a chance this year especially with dozzell out for season . Nice to see Barrett get game for reading tonight. Ronan started for wolves and manning started for qpr. O maley on bench for peterboro with Forrester starting. O Mara on bench again for gillingham.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    The efl cup tonight. McDonnell on bench for Ipswich hope fully he can get a chance this year especially with dozzell out for season . Nice to see Barrett get game for reading tonight. Ronan started for wolves and manning started for qpr. O maley on bench for peterboro with Forrester starting. O Mara on bench again for gillingham.
    What's this O'Mara lad's deal? Only thing Ireland-related I can find about him is this: https://mobile.twitter.com/finnomara...40228339716097

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    What's this O'Mara lad's deal? Only thing Ireland-related I can find about him is this: https://mobile.twitter.com/finnomara...40228339716097
    That'll do it for me! If Finn o Mara can't be Irish then what what sort of a multi cultural state have we become! I have no idea than I noticed his name last week and I thought I saw something that said he was Irish born

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    That'll do it for me! If Finn o Mara can't be Irish then what what sort of a multi cultural state have we become! I have no idea than I noticed his name last week and I thought I saw something that said he was Irish born
    Shouldn't that be what sort of multicultural state Britain has become, where Irish immigrants are allowed to move there and have great-grandchildren called Finn O'Mara who don't qualify for Ireland? Anyway, on Gillingham's Wikipedia page, he's listed with an English flag beside his name, however on his page on Gillingham's website there's an Tricolour. Although this page also lists his Date of Birth as January 1st, 1901, so I don't know how reliable that is.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Ryan Nolan scored for Inter's Primavera team against Borussia Moenchengladbach on Friday: https://twitter.com/InterYoungsters/...71948444884993

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Several debuts, some landmark appearances and Alan McCormack's first goal since 2014 in the first round up of the new English and Scottish season: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog...08500866546144
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    17 Year Old Lee O'Connor scored a cracker for the Man Utd U19s during the week.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...9s-800927.html

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    17 Year Old Lee O'Connor scored a cracker for the Man Utd U19s during the week.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...9s-800927.html
    Ah now he put that first strike way too close to the keeper! Unfortunately he seems 6 inches too small to play for Jose

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast