Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2017/18

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2017/18

Latest on Cork aul football I see their is alot of Clubs looking for new managers and also alot of teams pulling their B teams to help field a A team..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what teams exactly? i think i heard glenthorn were doing it at the end of last season, i think it was them anyway. AUL unfortunately is in decline and not what it was in the past. Hoping the 5 subs will attract more players and make it more competitive.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Tower FC are looking for a manager for the coming season . Contact Terence on 0876784165 for more details

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by injurytime View Post
    Latest on Cork aul football I see their is alot of Clubs looking for new managers and also alot of teams pulling their B teams to help field a A team..
    Too many clubs in the same areas all competing for the same players in the AUL, with exception of country teams. Then you have MSL (Senior/Junior) Clubs in these areas too . The sooner Cork goes to one junior section (MSL junior and AUL amalgamation) the better . But those dinosaur clowns in the AUL wont allow that happen . Miss out on their free gatts then if that happened. Cant be losing the free gatts

Some clubs can barely support an A team let alone a B team . Hearing a few clubs could be gone altogether.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Too many clubs in the same areas all competing for the same players in the AUL, with exception of country teams. Then you have MSL (Senior/Junior) Clubs in these areas too . The sooner Cork goes to one junior section (MSL junior and AUL amalgamation) the better . But those dinosaur clowns in the AUL wont allow that happen . Miss out on their free gatts then if that happened. Cant be losing the free gatts

Some clubs can barely support an A team let alone a B team . Hearing a few clubs could be gone altogether.
    Have to agree change needed a long time ago the aul will be down in 3 leagues in 5 years as the player numbers seem to be dropping unless you have a youth structure behind you . Park making the right move jumping ship good structure behind them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree a unified league would benefit all clubs its hard to see how it could happen do, lets be honest can you imagine the MSL agreeing sure they are laughing they don't have to deal with new clubs forming and dropping out they only take the very well established clubs, every club wants to become senior someday so if you cant do it in the AUL the there's only one place to go. Can someone tell me do why the AUL hasn't said well if the MSL have a junior league then well we will have a senior and make prem and prem A senior and the rest junior. Surely that would stop clubs from wanting to leave once it settled into peoples heads and can you imagine the turmoil it would cause in the munster senior cup and fai intermediate cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads is there any coaching courses been run in cork relevant to the adult game ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    When's the league starting? Also have the sections come out for prem and prem a

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    There are no groups out yet bout the mossy usualy they are announced around first week of august and i was told yesterday the mossy be starting weekend of 19august.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legend23 View Post
    There are no groups out yet bout the mossy usualy they are announced around first week of august and i was told yesterday the mossy be starting weekend of 19august.
    Early days lads but Pearse Celtic look a great shout for the Prem this upcoming season. Added another quality player in Ben Hamblin and they weren't exactly far off last season. Fully fit squad, no Park this year. Them and Grattan should be the two runaways as things stand?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I see Brian Walsh and Keith Shaw have taken over Grattan's A team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie's Cousin View Post
    I see Brian Walsh and Keith Shaw have taken over Grattan's A team.
    Best of luck to them, after Davey said no and Minty never showed up they're a very good appointment. Keith knows all the lads well, Walshy is straight shooting as they come.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondBall View Post
    Early days lads but Pearse Celtic look a great shout for the Prem this upcoming season. Added another quality player in Ben Hamblin and they weren't exactly far off last season. Fully fit squad, no Park this year. Them and Grattan should be the two runaways as things stand?
    Law of averages kid sure if everyone keeps leaving they will surly win the bloddy thing eventually???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Personally i think the shine is gone off winning an Aul league medal these days, of the 10 or so premier teams not 1 of them would come close to competing premier 10 or 15 years ago. Standards have been let slip and this is seen in fellas attitudes towards games and training. Its a lot easier to win a prem or prem a league than it is to win an AOH, that would personally be my aim

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    Personally i think the shine is gone off winning an Aul league medal these days, of the 10 or so premier teams not 1 of them would come close to competing premier 10 or 15 years ago. Standards have been let slip and this is seen in fellas attitudes towards games and training. Its a lot easier to win a prem or prem a league than it is to win an AOH, that would personally be my aim
    I'd agree that the shine is gone off winning the league medals but I wouldn't blame that on the players, to be fair.

Most of the well-run football clubs in the Cork AUL have already jumped ship to the MSL.
    There are only a handful of clubs left in the AUL with any underage structure and its only a matter of time before they jump ship too.

I had a quick look at the MSL tables and I can remember all of the following clubs having a presence in the AUL at some stage over the last 15 or so years. I don't see any of them coming back to play in the AUL anytime soon.
    Everton
    Leeds
    Blarney
    Leeside
    Wilton United
    Passage
    Ballincollig
    Kinsale
    Casement Celtic
    Douglas Hall
    Kilreen Celtic
    Kinsale
    Mayfield Utd
    Park Utd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticstictacs View Post
    Law of averages kid sure if everyone keeps leaving they will surly win the bloddy thing eventually???
    haha fair enough I suppose bud

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Leeside Juniors looking for friendlies over next few weeks (midweek & weekends) (AWAY GAMES)
    Contact Paidi on 0877859314

JoséConté
    Any surprise signings in Junior Football? Heard alot of AUL players playing for Castleview Seniors this year. Ringmahon recruiting too.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From what I can see lads . A few noerthsode teams struggling for numbers . Teams that a year or two ago were pushing for leagues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JoséConté View Post
    Any surprise signings in Junior Football? Heard alot of AUL players playing for Castleview Seniors this year. Ringmahon recruiting too.
    There's 2, Dean Cummins the goalkeeper and Spud. Jamie Dunne was there but he has since left, will prob sign back with Bohs or Knocka.
    Ringmahon have had an excellent summer!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast