Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures 23rd - 26th June '17

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    A Gearóid Morrissey pile-driver with the outside of his right foot from 35 yards out flies into Doherty's top corner and puts Cork 2-1 ahead in Maginn Park.
    Maybe that's the kind of long ball Kenny Shiels was talking about...

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    It most probably wouldn't have changed the result,but how did we not get a penalty tonight? ?? Stonewaller! !!
    Was shocked the ref didn't give it Stonewaller 100% .Ollie near keeled over with rage when it wasn't given and he kept that rage going right up until f/t.I was surprised that the 4th official(Neil Doyle) didn't give him his marching orders.Passion is good,being a bit of a ****** is not!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I can understand Ollies frustration. Referee gave us nothing tonight. Doubt the result would have changed but it's hard watching referees week in week out being inconsistent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Was shocked the ref didn't give it Stonewaller 100% .Ollie near keeled over with rage when it wasn't given and he kept that rage going right up until f/t.I was surprised that the 4th official(Neil Doyle) didn't give him his marching orders.Passion is good,being a bit of a ****** is not!
    Wouldn't you be the same though? The game could have swung any way if it weren't for a totally inept refereeing performance. Beyond horrendous.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Wouldn't you be the same though? The game could have swung any way if it weren't for a totally inept refereeing performance. Beyond horrendous.
    The peno incident is a bit of red herring - regardless if had been given or not Dundalk in the 2nd half just steamrolled yous.
    Every week the ref is after yous - they're after us all! Ollie's influence has affected yee all up there in the NW

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    To be fair to Ollie he was fairly gracious about it when speaking to Eir afterwards. He's still far less objectionable that Kenny Shiels.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I can't help but admire how calm and measured you are in your match views.

I can understand Harps fans being aggrieved about the penalty decision. It seemed a penalty to me, but hardly likely to have much impact on the result. Harps are a very limited team with a nasty streak in a number of the players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    To be fair to Ollie he was fairly gracious about it when speaking to Eir afterwards. He's still far less objectionable that Kenny Shiels.
    Yes good point, I saw that interview when I got back from the match, Ollie was spot on, but in fairness that looked a stonewall peno.

Decent win in the end for the Dundalk, two wins of 6-0 and 4-0 now after the Cork defeat, however against two sides in the relegation battle. Bigger test lie ahead especially Bray away, but hopefully we can get some confidence back in the lead up to the Rosenberg home match in 3 weeks time.
    Last edited by oriel; 24/06/2017 at 10:12 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    I think Waterford have a choke in them. They're nowhere near the team that we played in the Bowl earlier in the season, having lost a couple of players since.

We were maybe a little bit fortunate with a big deflection for the first and a soft penalty that ultimately gave us the win, but we were the better side for the first 75 minutes certainly, and probably shaded it overall. Waterford have had an awful lot of narrow wins, and they could easily (hopefully!) turn into draws unless they splash a bit more cash in July.

James McClean an interested spectator in the Bowl last night as well.

Will be interesting to see how the stupidly-timed FAI Cup messes with the First Division run-in; I think the entire competition is scheduled for the last ten weeks of the season, so there's the potential for lots of gap weeks messing with training schedules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I tend to follow the progress of Munster clubs and the LoI clubs in Europe.

When did Bray start turning things around from avoiding relegation to now chasing European qualification?

I presume because they are in the Scottish Challenge Cup that they had a decent midtable season. Were they consistent last year or was it an improvement midseason?

Currently sitting 3rd, it looks like Bray have kicked on from midtable level 3 to being at the same level of Shamrock and Derry in that effective level 2 below Cork and Dundalk.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Its what happens when you throw money around in this league. You get better players. Bray, Derry & Rovers fighting out for 3rd spot. Should go to last day of the season, similar to relegation battle I'd wager.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Poor first half but pretty easy win in the end last night. Trevor Clarke is fantastic and I just hope we get to keep him for another few months. Aaron Bolger looks the business too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Noel O'Connor and I will be providing live audio analysis of the sole Saturday fixture at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live.

Given the respective performances of both Limerick and Pat's defensive units of late, I'm expecting a stressful evening!
    Enjoyed the commentary. Was decent stuff. Enjoyed the comeback aswell.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Disappointing result tonight, big problems with possession retention for Limerick, especially coming from defensive clearences. Really very little separating bottom 7 teams in terms of overall squad quality. Lot depending on transfer window.

Bothered by radio coverage tonight all the same. 95FM lads were less hysterical when we were relegated, and they have knives out for Mcdonald that I half-thought stemmed from something personal they didn't want to air. They sounded disappointed when Pats missed chances. (and before you ask Alan, it was my father's choice, despite my best efforts).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Decent point for both teams,obviously Pats will feel better about it,Limericks style of play is changing big time under Mcdonald ,more direct but he has much work to do with many of those players .Congrats to Alan o brien and Noel o connor for the excellent coverage which i had on headphones while watching game,some brilliant analysis and the added bonus of Osin Mr newstalk at the end .95 fm,s efforts are in mere amateur status compared to these lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    33 points should be enough for safety. Bohs (26) and Limerick (24) have a decent points average per game. Another couple of wins should have both within touching distance of safety.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Enjoyed the commentary. Was decent stuff. Enjoyed the comeback aswell.
    Thanks for listening; every listener helps, given how little promotion we get relative to our competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Bothered by radio coverage tonight all the same. 95FM lads were less hysterical when we were relegated, and they have knives out for Mcdonald that I half-thought stemmed from something personal they didn't want to air. They sounded disappointed when Pats missed chances. (and before you ask Alan, it was my father's choice, despite my best efforts).
    Heard the same from several sources. I'm continually amazed that people don't take these concerns up with the station.

Hopefully your Dad will pick Limerick Soccer Live next time

Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Congrats to Alan o brien and Noel o connor for the excellent coverage which i had on headphones while watching game,some brilliant analysis and the added bonus of Osin Mr newstalk at the end .95 fm,s efforts are in mere amateur status compared to these lads.
    High praise. Thanks for going to those lengths to listen to us, despite what must have been a 10-second or so delay.

Professional, objective, coverage is exactly what I'm aiming to provide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Here's my written analysis of the game: http://bit.ly/2t8Ts8I

And you can also listen back to the ongoing audio analysis, feat. Noel, and Newstalk's Oisin Langan (after FT), here: http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-liv...tic-jun-24-pd/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Was at Dalyer for Bohs/ Sligo Friday. Had the privilege of keeping auld Tom up to date on the scores elsewhere throughout the game as he more than likely convinced an American family never to come back to a LOI game again as we're all lunatics . Thought Bohs were good value for the win, Sligo came at them for a good 20 min spell but couldn't get the equaliser and then Corcoran ended it on the break with a deft little finish after beating the offside trap. Thought Sadlier was very quiet and didn't do much for a fella so in demand, Sule on the other hand for Bohs, he's gonna be a player and a half, bar some wayward passing he covered every blade of grass 10 times over in his own half covering the back 4, superb little player.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Was at Dalyer for Bohs/ Sligo Friday. Had the privilege of keeping auld Tom up to date on the scores elsewhere throughout the game as he more than likely convinced an American family never to come back to a LOI game again as we're all lunatics . Thought Bohs were good value for the win, Sligo came at them for a good 20 min spell but couldn't get the equaliser and then Corcoran ended it on the break with a deft little finish after beating the offside trap. Thought Sadlier was very quiet and didn't do much for a fella so in demand, Sule on the other hand for Bohs, he's gonna be a player and a half, bar some wayward passing he covered every blade of grass 10 times over in his own half covering the back 4, superb little player.
    Gone off the boil alright since his head has been turned, goals have dried up last few games too. Not what we need right now.

Agree on Sule. Really stood out in the first meeting of the teams this season too.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast