Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOI fixtures 23rd - 26th June '17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Was at Dalyer for Bohs/ Sligo Friday. Had the privilege of keeping auld Tom up to date on the scores elsewhere throughout the game as he more than likely convinced an American family never to come back to a LOI game again as we're all lunatics :.
    I was at the Drogs v Dlk game very early 2 weeks ago and I was buying tickets for the family arriving later, the DFC coach pulls in and out of nowhere Cork Tom appears and gave every single player getting off the coach a piece of his mind, 'Lads, its ov-vaaaaar, you're wasting your time today, its finished..........O'Donnell don't you be laughing at me booooy, Mister Kenny, I want a word with you'

Legend
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Harps denied stone wall pen alright. It was just after Dundalk went 1 up.
    Dundalk were far from their best until they scored, it was a very sloppy performance before that. Had Harps got the pen and equalised who knows what would have happened but that's football, if we got this free, if he had of been booked, etc.
    Paddy McCourt is an excellent player, a joy to watch and I think that's a view expressed by most LOI fans. Unfortunately, he is playing as a holding mid for us and it doesn't work. Dundalk targeted him in the second half and got the rewards.
    Have to say, Paddy McEleney is getting better and better. Surely must be attracting interest across the channel again??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Was at Dalyer for Bohs/ Sligo Friday. Had the privilege of keeping auld Tom up to date on the scores elsewhere throughout the game as he more than likely convinced an American family never to come back to a LOI game again as we're all lunatics . Thought Bohs were good value for the win, Sligo came at them for a good 20 min spell but couldn't get the equaliser and then Corcoran ended it on the break with a deft little finish after beating the offside trap. Thought Sadlier was very quiet and didn't do much for a fella so in demand, Sule on the other hand for Bohs, he's gonna be a player and a half, bar some wayward passing he covered every blade of grass 10 times over in his own half covering the back 4, superb little player.
    I thought it was v even to be honest. I thought a draw would have been fair. Sligo created some amount of goal-scoring opportunities. It was an entertaining game. Chances for both sides. The difference was that Sligo made a couple of bad errors. Schlingermann threw one in the net another of the CBs screwed up for Corcoran's goal, whereas Supple pulled off a few great saves.

Sule is having a fine season for a lad who never played senior LOI before this season. With him Bohs don't really miss Lopes at all. Sule actually has better ball control that Lopes, but doesn't have the size or athleticism. Still tho, he has a Makalele-esque nack of getting between the opposition player and the ball and knicking it. If he could improve his passing he'll be a v good player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    It couldn't have gone any better for Bohs since the restart. A scrappy enough win but it's all about the 3 points at this stage, especially with everyone else in the bottom half dropping points. The table looks fairly sweet at the moment but we've got breathing space, that's all. Plenty of hard work left to do.

Fuddzer has been immense since breaking into the team, you'd wonder how Pats let him slip through their fingers. Would love to get him signed on for next season too but we'll have a big battle on our hands to keep him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Harps denied stone wall pen alright. It was just after Dundalk went 1 up.
    Dundalk were far from their best until they scored, it was a very sloppy performance before that. Had Harps got the pen and equalised who knows what would have happened but that's football, if we got this free, if he had of been booked, etc.
    Paddy McCourt is an excellent player, a joy to watch and I think that's a view expressed by most LOI fans. Unfortunately, he is playing as a holding mid for us and it doesn't work. Dundalk targeted him in the second half and got the rewards.
    Have to say, Paddy McEleney is getting better and better. Surely must be attracting interest across the channel again??
    McCourt started the game very well and had some nice moves and passed it around neatly, but as the game went on and especially most of the second half he didn’t get a sniff. One comment I read after, saying Kenny got some signings wrong this season (Clifford and Kinsella are two) but he got this one right not signing McCourt.

McEleney had a great second half, chipping it from inside the box was cheeky for his goal, hopefully he can put in consistent performances now for the rest of the season. He certainly has the ability to do even more.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I dont get the 9extreme) criticism of SK for the signings made this off-season in some quarters, on paper at least they were the type of player LoI clubs should be trying to sign especially Clifford. A bright career and potential that has gone wayward around the lower leagues in England and still young enough to rebuild a career and confidence. That Clifford hasnt stepped up is a pity but it could have been a masterclass signing along the lines of Towell, Maguire etc who came back to Ireland and rebuilt their reputation for a second crack at a 'higher level'.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    It couldn't have gone any better for Bohs since the restart. A scrappy enough win but it's all about the 3 points at this stage, especially with everyone else in the bottom half dropping points. The table looks fairly sweet at the moment but we've got breathing space, that's all. Plenty of hard work left to do.

Fuddzer has been immense since breaking into the team, you'd wonder how Pats let him slip through their fingers. Would love to get him signed on for next season too but we'll have a big battle on our hands to keep him.
    Interview there a while back with Sule where he said Pats offered him a new deal but couldn't guarantee him football, whereas Bohs could.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Galway dire tonight.Relegation looming.should have kept td.ends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I was at the Drogs v Dlk game very early 2 weeks ago and I was buying tickets for the family arriving later, the DFC coach pulls in and out of nowhere Cork Tom appears and gave every single player getting off the coach a piece of his mind, 'Lads, its ov-vaaaaar, you're wasting your time today, its finished..........O'Donnell don't you be laughing at me booooy, Mister Kenny, I want a word with you'

Legend
    I
    don't get him or he dosent get me,don't know??
    Met him one night in OP and we were(a couple of people with me) nothing but polite to him.Threw the fingers,told us he would get us killed(he knows people it seems??
    ) and said Dundalk was a kip(only thing he he got right) The smell of him near knocked me of my haunches.
    So yeah - LOI "LEGEND"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I
    don't get him or he dosent get me,don't know??
    Met him one night in OP and we were(a couple of people with me) nothing but polite to him.Threw the fingers,told us he would get us killed(he knows people it seems??
    ) and said Dundalk was a kip(only thing he he got right) The smell of him near knocked me of my haunches.
    So yeah - LOI "LEGEND"
    When the economy went bad 2008/9 the general amount of JCB accomadation in Dundalk was nonexistant and he has never been a happy chap since!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I've never seen Tom happy unless he was talking to Pat Dolan. Or Alan Kelly, he was a big fan of his also strangely enough.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post

Jaysus Schlingerman is a rank keeper. The fact that some people would wish Brushy donned the gloves again says it all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123