Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home to St. Pats

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Has not been at his best at times this season but the level of stick Duggan is getting from some supporters is completely over the top.

Understand that people are frustrated but the blame does not lie at the door of Duggan, he's having to do the work of two midfielders in most games due to us not having a capable holding midfielder. I thought that he played well on Saturday night and was unlucky on 2 occasions after making brilliant support runs to Tosi (Only midfielder to do so)

Just getting annoyed at people constantly on the skippers back this year. He's been our best player for the past number of years and effectively played teams on his own below in Jackman in our last premier season and what's more every team in the country would have him in a heartbeat. Get him some help in July and we'll be fine.

Rant over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I have to disagree with you on Duggie. I have great time for him and he does have a lot to offer but he hasn't come close to his best this season. If Mcdonald brings in a half decent midfielder Duggan will be behind Hery and lynch for a place. I also think he's a poor choice for captain. He's far too quiet. Robbie is more vocal and aggressive. When things got tough sat I didn't see our captain try to rally the troops, he just dropped his head like the rest. Maybe some time on the bench would help him find his mojo.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hopefully we do bring in some quality in the window otherwise its going to be a nervy second half of the season.

I won't deny he's been below his own best form but he is still our best midfielder by a mile imo, as for captaincy I personally think a good captain doesn't necessarily have to be the most vocal, as the best lead by example. I get what you're saying in terms of dropping the head but hard not to after witnessing that farcicaI defending to give away free for second goal. A complete horror show.

I know I'm in terms minority but I don't see the appeal of Williams. Would like a complete overhaul of the back 4 if I'm honest and Williams has been at the heart of a terrible defence for a solid 3 seasons now and too often people make excuses for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Lee J Lynch is our best midfielder and has been since he signed for the club and since he came back from Hamilton imo that's not a knock on Duggy btw just giving Lee J the credit I think he deserves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12