Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kennedy cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Kennedy cup

Kennedy cup on this week in UL. No fewer then 8 limerick fc players in the LDSL squad. Best of luck to all 3 limerick teams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Did they win?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Limerick District lost 2-1 to Athlone.
    Limerick County lost 4-0 to Wexford.
    Limerick Desmond beat Carlow 2-0.
    Tomorrow Morning:
    District Vs County @10.30.
    Desmond Vs Kilkenny @10.30.
    Tomorrow evening:
    District Vs Wexford @4pm
    County Vs Athlone @4pm
    Desmond Vs Midlands @4pm

County are poor, District decent, Desmond decent.

Knockout phase starts Wednesday morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Not many of Limericks 14s starting. I suppose they only won every single game they played in Limerick this season wouldn't want too many in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Won both games today I see, can't complain too much about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    Won both games today I see, can't complain too much about that.
    Ill complain. Terrible selections based on club politics. They should have won their group easily but political selections, and zero tactical subs (right wing for right wing, striker for striker,) means this team has underachieved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Stick your hand up, coach a team of players at that level from u10s up to u14s and come back and tell us if it really is as easy as it looks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Stick your hand up, coach a team of players at that level from u10s up to u14s and come back and tell us if it really is as easy as it looks.
    ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Would him coaching a team at that level that won every single game bar one be ok?

Nobody does acceptance of failure like the good people of Limerick bless em. And not in any way having a go at the young players but as obvious as it came that there was politics at play with selections. Like everything in this city when it comes to football its about who ya know not how good you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Local u14s is the same as inter league? If so you're 100% correct and not a silly, silly boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Local u14s is the same as inter league? If so you're 100% correct and not a silly, silly boy.
    Ah stop trying to make it out to be rocket science ffs how many more excuses have you lined up. I'm the silly boy yet you think it was based on performance that only 3 I think it was players from the team that swept all before em at that age level started the first game of the tournament.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rocket science it's probably not. Kennedy Cup is not the same thing as winning the league in Limerick. I take it the same invincibles with their brilliant manager won the national cup u14 too?

My only point was its not easy to take an inter league team for four or five years and complaining with blue tinted glasses on isn't the solution. The solution is found by making changes at the top of the LDSL and anyone who knows about local schoolboy soccer would agree.

For what it's worth, Limerick teams have by and large been first or second seeds for the last ten years or so in that competiton and there's probably only marginal changes to be made to be top 4 every year. Bleating about 'if my boys were there' achieves nothing. Go coach an inter league team for 4 or 5 years, take them to Kennedy Cup level and see if you can do any better under the current league committee restraints like the current managers had the balls to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Rocket science it's probably not. Kennedy Cup is not the same thing as winning the league in Limerick. I take it the same invincibles with their brilliant manager won the national cup u14 too?

My only point was its not easy to take an inter league team for four or five years and complaining with blue tinted glasses on isn't the solution. The solution is found by making changes at the top of the LDSL and anyone who knows about local schoolboy soccer would agree.

For what it's worth, Limerick teams have by and large been first or second seeds for the last ten years or so in that competiton and there's probably only marginal changes to be made to be top 4 every year. Bleating about 'if my boys were there' achieves nothing. Go coach an inter league team for 4 or 5 years, take them to Kennedy Cup level and see if you can do any better under the current league committee restraints like the current managers had the balls to do.
    The old you do it so routine when someone is trying all they can to avoid answering a straightforward question. Blue tinted glasses indeed because of course you would have to be bias to think a team that won every single game bar one could have fairly good players.

But nobody question the management folks after all those brave men took on the life threatening job of managing an inter league team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Think Gael is up to speed on this one,especially where the first game is concerned,poor mgt and not a lot of passing football for all the coaching the lads were getting.Certain players not on the pitch should have been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I don't think there was a question asked at all. Just a little moan about his own team. No solutions either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I don't think there was a question asked at all. Just a little moan about his own team. No solutions either.
    I should have said points raised rather than question. So in all honesty you think the team for the first game was picked solely on footballing ability?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Also I'd say the solution to not picking your best players would quite clearly be to pick your best players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I don't know, I'm not on the coaching staff. My opinion is that whoever they picked, someone was gona be ****ed off. They're second seeds and gona finish in the top half of the tournament. Sounds about right regardless of who played or didn't play. The problems of schoolboy football won't be solved by picking one player or another, they'll be solved by picking highly qualified and experienced coaches with proven track records and giving them more than an hour a week with the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I don't know, I'm not on the coaching staff. My opinion is that whoever they picked, someone was gona be ****ed off. They're second seeds and gona finish in the top half of the tournament. Sounds about right regardless of who played or didn't play. The problems of schoolboy football won't be solved by picking one player or another, they'll be solved by picking highly qualified and experienced coaches with proven track records and giving them more than an hour a week with the players.
    Your talking nonsense about a whole other topic again we aren't talking about the wider problems we are talking about team selection and yes those problems could most definitely have been fixed by picking the right players. You don't need more than an hour a week with a team to realise that maybe a lad with 52 goals in a season may merit a starting spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Fine. Are you on the coaching staff? Do you know why each player was or wasn't picked? Did they fit the system? Was there a system? If you do then you're right, if you don't then you're talking as much ****** as everyone else on here. My opinion is above for all to see. Bigger problems in this league that lead to Gael's player not playing. Never said he was or wasn't good enough and scoring 52 goals would suggest he is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast